Final

A Cinderella Christmas Date

Seulgi didn’t know when she asked out Wendy, her crush on a Christmas date, she didn’t think that Wendy would say yes. Matter of fact, she was expecting a laugh or a slap in the face as a form of rejection. She wasn’t expecting—

“Sure, meet you at the park at 8?” followed by a giggle from the music major. 

“Uh, sure?”

Seulgi also forgot that her best friend Joy was there when she saw a hand waving in front of her face. Then again, whenever Wendy comes in within her line of sight, Seulgi gets tunnel vision and all of her attention is on the girl. Joy pulled the dazed girl with her as they were about to be late for their dance class.

“So where are you going to take her?”

“Crap.”

“You didn’t plan anything?”

“I didn’t think I would get this far.”

“Oh, for the love of the dance gods.”

 

Joy started to give Seulgi ideas for her Christmas date the moment they finished dance class and was heading to the restroom to change out of their sweaty clothes but each one got shot down.

“Ice skating?”

“What if she hurt herself?”

“From what, falling? Catch her!”

“I can’t because I already fell in love with her.” Joy rolled her eyes from Seulgi’s comment.

“Please, don’t. Fine, you can take her to see Christmas lights in the park! It’s free admission, I think.”

“That’s no good either.” Seulgi shook her head as her and Joy start putting her clothes in her bag.

“Why not?? The lights are so pretty and you can take pictures as keep sake!”

“Wendy is much prettier than any lights in the park, wouldn’t want to make the other couples jealous.”

“Please stop. Your cheesiness is making me lactose intolerant.”

“What about a pottery class? You guys can make Christmas mugs or do you not want your princess’s precious hands to get dirty?”

“Actually, not a bad idea Joy!” Seulgi high fived her best friend and started walking out but then she stopped in her tracks.

“Oh, and Wendy is not a princess. She’s a queen.” Good thing, Seulgi’s slowness is only mentally or else she wouldn’t have dodged the shoe that was flung at her.

 

On the day of the date, Seulgi, with her red scarf around her face, saw a smiling Wendy walking towards her at their meet up location at the park. They shyly greeted each other.

“Is there something particular that you wanted to do?”

“Not really?”

“Oh okay, I know something we can do.” 

Seulgi started walking and Wendy followed suit. Seulgi would try to make small talk to ease up the awkwardness but every single time she looked at Wendy, it seems like her mind just short circuited and she turn into a stuttering mess. Wendy still thinks it’s cute though.

“Oh, look at all the people ice skating!” Seulgi looked at the outdoor skating rink then at Wendy when she commented.

“Do you want to go skating?” Wendy shyly looked down.

“I can’t skate.”

Seulgi grabbed Wendy’s hand and start walking towards the skating rink instead. They rented the shoes and start putting it on. Wendy was having trouble with the laces from what Seulgi noticed. She walked over to Wendy and started to help.

“O-oh I can...”

“You have to make sure your laces are tight. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” When they got on the ice, Wendy was like a new born calf, wobbling and was having a hard time balancing even if Seulgi is holding onto her hands.

“You just have to push yourself outwardly with each stride, yeah?” Wendy meekly nodded. 

“Do you think you can you skate on your own now?”

“Yeah, I think so.” Seulgi let go of Wendy’s hand and let the girl try skating on her own. Wendy was a fast learner and she started to chase Seulgi around the rink but Seulgi forgot to teach Wendy one thing: how to stop. Wendy was picking up speed when she realized it.

“Seulgi! How do I stop??”

Seulgi slowed down and turned around just in time to catch Wendy but with the momentum still going, they both fell down on the ice when they collided.

“UMF!”

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” Wendy profusely apologized to Seulgi who broke the fall.

“It’s okay! Are you okay?”

“I should be asking you that! Are you okay??”

“I’m fine but as much as I love staring into your eyes in this position, I think we should get up, haha.” Wendy finally realized their compromising position and got up, face turning red but not from the cold.

 

After ice skating, Seulgi decided that they should go get hot chocolate from a nearby coffee shop. As they were walking, Seulgi noticed that Wendy was slightly limping and hissing every once in a while.

“Are you okay?”

“My feet...”  

They settled down at a nearby bench. Seulgi bent down and after asking Wendy if she can take off the heels, Seulgi saw that Wendy had blisters on her feet. Wendy flinched each time Seulgi moved her feet. Wendy must have been wearing brand new skates which haven’t been broken into yet, causing the poor girl’s feet to blister. Seulgi looked around and saw what she needed.

“Wait here, okay?” Before Wendy could reply, Seulgi dashed off somewhere. After 30 minutes or so, Seulgi returned to Wendy, out of breath with a pharmacy bag.

"Sorry, I took so long, I had to go to 2 others, everything is closed today!" Seulgi took out the ointment that she bought and start to apply it on Wendy’s feet.

“I can do it myself, Seulgi…” Wendy felt shy and embarassed that her first date with the girl and Seulgi have been at her feet twice already. 

“It’s okay. It’s my fault; I should’ve checked the skates first.”

Wendy looked at Seulgi, who was carefully applying the ointment and sometimes, biting on her lips. Wendy mentally wished that she can—

“Wendy? I’m done.” Wendy snapped out of her daydreaming and thanked the girl. Seulgi then again bend down again in front of Wendy.

“Get on my back, I’ll carry you.”

“N-no! I can walk! It’s fine!”

“No way! You’re wearing heels so it would only make it worse if you walk in them. I’ll just carry you. We’re not that far away from the coffee shop anyways.” Carrying Wendy's heels in tow, Seulgi began walking to the coffee shop.

“I’m sorry… I must be super heavy!”

“You’re not heavy, you’re light as a feather.” Wendy smiled. After a minute or so, Wendy began to talk.

“You have cute ears.” As if on cue, Seulgi’s ears began to turn red. Wendy giggled.

“Reminds me of a cute bear!”

“So I’m cute?”

“Yes.”

“Is that why you agree to go on a date with me today?”

“How far is this coffee shop again?” Seulgi chuckled and continued to walk without teasing Wendy anymore.

 

 

“Aw, man!” Seulgi was staring at the coffee shop’s door with the closed sign. All her plans just went down the drain.

“I’m sorry, Wendy. I didn’t know the place would be closed. There’s a pottery class that the owner of the coffee shop teaches but I guess not today. I should’ve double check.”

“It’s okay, we can go there next time!”

“So there would be a next time?”

“Do you not want another date?”

“Of course, I do! I want a lot more, actually.” Seulgi then noticed something on the door of the shop. It was a mistletoe. Wendy noticed it as well and this time, both of them started to blush. The moment that Seulgi looked down, she felt a pair of cold lips against her left ear. When she looked up, she saw Wendy smiling at her.

"Did you just kiss my ear?"

"I told you that I think they're cute." Seulgi smiled as well and she can feel them flaring up again. 

"First, you tied my skates' laces for me, apply ointment on my blisters and you were looking at my feet just now. I feel like Cinderella, with the feet related situations."

"You even got a carriage ride to the shop." Then both turned towards a booming sound coming from a bell tower nearby. Seulgi looked at her phone and laughed out loud.

"Well Wenderella, it's midnight. Don't you have to get home?"

"I don't but I don't want you to keep carrying me all night so I guess I should get going."

Both of them started to head home now with no awkwardness in their conversation but instead filled with more laughter and smiles. 

 

Merry late Christmas to everyone and Happy New Years!