The Past Time

Reply 1988: Deoksun and Junghwan Special Episode

1992 December.

***

*Deoksun's POV* 

 

Winter has been coming. 

Christmas is near. 

Talking about christmas, I actually don't really like it. It makes me remember my 18th life as a sorrowful girl who has crazy like sister and many crushes towards my 3/4 guy bestfriends. Crazy. Just remember a bit about 4 years ago gives me goosebump. How could I think that Junghwan ever liked me? How could that crazy Bora dated Sunwoo? Crazy. 

 

The block I've been living doesn't change much. Sometimes it cringes me whenever I meet Junghwan on my way to home. I still live in a basement house. Honestly, we were about to move but my mom insisted because she still wants to be friends with the other ahjummas. As if she wouldn't be friend with them anymore. *sighs*

 

"BOOO!!!" Dongryong tried to surprise me, which is failed. 

"Eyyy what with your face. You should be hugging me and say someting like OMG Dongryong-ah~ when did you come back? I miss you so much!" There there. He and his crazy mouth.

"Shut up it's 10 at night! And do you think I would miss you? You came home exactly 2 weeks ago!" I said. Dongryong finally got into a university after 2 years of failling. He took psychology major and get accepted in an University that has to make him move out because it's far from Ssangmundong. even so, he still comes here and play in Taek's room just like the old tImes. 

"He he. Anyway, let's go to Taek's room tomorrow! The kids are going to~ ah yeah~" he said before going back to his house. He doesn't change much. He still likes dancing and is still my block's counselor. 

 

***

 

Here we are.

5 friends. Snacks. And Taek's room. We all are watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. 

 

"I should have been reborn and become Kevin McCallister. That kid must have earned lots than our Choi Taek." Dongryong said. 

"but Taek earns a lot this year too.." Sunwoo said while eating the snacks. 

Junghwan sighs. "Ah what do we do? Even if we have graduated and get the jobs that we want, I don't think we could ever beat our Choi Taek's wealth." He jokes. I could see him smilling to his own joke. He thinks his joke is funny, huh? 

 

After we graduate high school, I become so distant with him. I don't know. Perhaps, I just hate him. When we meet on our way to home, I always avoid him. I try my best to not letting him speak out anything to me. I give the cold shoulder as possible as I could. It's wrong but I just-- really hate him.

 

"Shut up! I can't hear what they say!" I scream out. 

"Why are you screaming to me!" Junghwan, who sits exactly beside me, scream back.

"I don't know! It's your fault!" I said. I know it doesn't make senses but he's just good to be be blamed.

"Woaaaah. It feels like dejavu. Did you two plan the script together, huh?" Dongryong said, amazed. What is he saying about?

"what is dejavu?" I ask.

Junghwan chuckles. "Dejavu is the fee-" 

"I'm not asking you." I cut him. I really don't want to hear his voice at all.

"Forget it." Dongryong simply answered.

Sunwoo looks confused. "Yah. Are you both still in fight?" He asked. Referring to me and Junghwan.

"In fight?" I asked back. What does he mean by in fight? "We always fight like this." I said.

"But Junghwan said--" 

"DEOKSUN-AH!!! DINNER IS READY!!!" My mom's call cut Sunwoo. I would like to eat ramyun with the boys, but I miss my mom's food made. She already said that she's going to cook my favorite food.

 

"I will go home first." I said, ready to leave. 

"Aren't you going to eat ramyun with us?" Taek asks.

"No. It's okay. I miss my mom's food. Bye, Taek!" 

 

***

 

*Third Person POV*

 

Junghwan is in his room. looking sad as ever. He sits on his bed while thinking about Deoksun. 

"Does she still hate me" he mumbles. he knows deoksun starts hating him more ever since his 19th birthday. He even hates his birthday ever since then. His birthday reminds him much about how Deoksun starts to give no affection to him. 

 

"Will apologize solve everything?" He thinks. He wants to apologize but he is still hesitate. What should he say? 

 

"Deoksun-ah, I'm sorry for the accident of my birthday. Please stop giving me cold shoulder.." 

 

As if he's brave enough.

 

***

 

Deoksun is waiting for Noeul to come home and bring the snacks for her. 

"Noona, the snow is falling. First snowfall in 1992." Noeul tells her after buying snacks.

Deoksun looks outside through the window of her room. 

 

The snow in 1992 is coming late. The weather forecast said the snow would come in early December but it's almost christmas soon

 

"Eomma. I will be outside for a while!" Deoksun said. She is going outside to see the snowfall. She remembers how her first broken heart was exactly on 1988's first day of snowfall. 

 

"I wish I would hate the first snowfall too just like how I hate christmas." Deoksun said to herself. She is sitting in front of Kim's family gate while folding her arms on knee.

 

"It's getting cold. Go inside." Junghwan said. Deoksun was a bit suprised to hear his voice. she didn't expect him to be at his front gate.

 

"Who are you commanding me around?" Deoksun said coldly. She stands up and ready to leave. He is looking at her confusedly.

"Where are you going?" He asks her who is already walking to somewhere.

 

She stops and turns around. "To taek's house. It's warmer there." she answered back.

 

Hearing the word 'Taek', Junghwan is a bit disappointed. He stares at her sadfully. "Eum.. d- don't come home late." He stutters.

 

Deoksum blinks her eyes boringly. She then continues her walking.

 

"Deoksun-ah.." Junghwan calls her softly but she still could it clearly. Deoksun turns around and looking at him questioningly. 

 

"Can y-you stay here for.. a w-while?" 

 

***

The snow is still falling. 

 

It's been 15 minutes since Junghwan and Deoksun sat together on Kim's family front hate. Deoksun is yawning while Junghwan is still playing with his hands. She really wants to get in but she holds it back. Maybe Junghwan needs accompany, she thinks. She may hate him but he's still her friend. She knows she can't stay cruel to anyone for a long time.

 

"Deoksun-ah.." he calls her again while looking at her dearly.

She turns her head to him. Seeing her so close makes him feel nervous. 

"I'm sorry for--"

"It's okay." Deoksun cut him. She honestly doesn't know why he apologizes to her but she just wants to clarify that she's already okay and she doesn't want to hate him anymore.

"For whatever you've done, it's okay. Let's not talk about the past." She continues.

"But you've been avoiding me--" 

"That's why I said let's not talk about the past. I don't want to be like the old times" She cuts him again.

He smiles a bit. he never thought she would say that. 

"But I want to be like our old times though." He said remembering the past.

"You want me to avoid you again?" She snaps while glaring at him.

He chuckles. "Not that old times." 

"Talking about the old times makes me dislike myself." She said.

"So do I. I wish I could slap myself in the past but I realize I actually have slapped myself in the past." He said, chuckling to himself.

She looks at him confusedly. "What does that suppose to mean?" 

He smiles. "Nothing." 

 

"Deoksun-ah." He calls her again.

Turning her head,  "You call me a lot today." she said.

"Let's make this present time that will be out past become unforgetable." He said, looking at her.

"What does it also me--" He cuts her by crushing his lips to her.

 

***

 

Don't hate me. I'm just this bad ;A; i know it's all flaws but please give me your comments. I would be very happy.

I'll let the rest to your imagination ehehehehe.

#TEAMJUNGHWAN