Chapter 1

The Secret Only We Know

Eunji

Birth of A Family was the first time we officially been introduced because we did the same programme. You’re a sunbae and I had just debuted. Never once the idea to have feelings for you across my mind and I know it’s the same for you. I was still fresh in the idol industry and you were already rising to the peak of success. Your group was one of my favourite and the song Be Mine was also one of my favourite. It was hard for both of our group to be close even though we’re living in the same apartment. Remember the BOAF episode when both of our group met along with our dogs. Coincidentally, we both wore yellow, you with your yellow jacket and me with my yellow shirt. We’re both young and love was not our priority.

Few years later, your dating scandal broke out. I’m quite surprised upon reading the news but feeling happy but at the same time sorry for you. I’m happy because you find love but I’m sorry because you have to receive the backlash. Before this, every time we bumped into each other when using the elevator or at the salon even though you always wear your poker face but you didn’t forget to greet me or even my members and also the staffs but after the news broke you did greet but your expression seems depressed and most of the time you’re zoning out during at the salon and just stare at your reflection on the mirror. Your hands plays with your phone and sometimes you check your phone and keeps on repeating the same thing.

 

Apink Dorm                          

“Argghh I’m so bored” Bomi suddenly screams and she ruffles her hair in frustration.. Namjoo just turn for a bit before returning her focus back to the drama while Hayoung didn’t move an inch and truly focus watching the tv..

“Yah Yoon Bomi, this is our rest time so just get a rest and relax..”said Chorong coming out from the kitchen while holding a mug of juice..

“Naeun-ah, do you want to take a walk?” Naeun shook her head without holding her head up from the book she reading.. Bomi sigh.. She looks toward her members while pouting. Right then, Eunji came out from her bedroom with a messy hair and yawning..

“Morning guys!!”

“It’s already 9.00 pm Eunji.. You’ve been sleeping for almost 5 hours.. aigoo..” said Chorong, Eunji just let out a goofy smile..

Bomi who was observing suddenly become bright. She quickly get up and went to get her bestfriend which currently finding something to eat.. Been sleeping for hours really make her hungry..

“Eunji-ah, you’re hungry?”

“Totally, my stomach is growling” Bomi was squealing with joy inside..

“Eunji-ah, why don’t we get some food outside? I’m hungry too..”

Eunji actually planning to cook something simple only but Bomi’s offer really get into her. But their manager wouldn’t like it if us went out now as it kinda late already..

“Come on Eunji please.. We just go for awhile okay? We get some food then we went straight back.. come on Eunji, I’ve already imagining eating some samgyupsal or even tteokbokki..”

“But do you think Chorong unni will let us go?”

Bomi know that Eunji have agreed to go so she motioned Eunji to wait because she want to persuade their scary leader.. Eunji could only stand there in the kitchen while watching Bomi talking to Chorong unni..Chorong at first didn’t let them but gratefully Bomi’s aegyo works this time.. Both of them quickly change their clothes and of course disguise.. They were wearing thick jacket which almost cover their face, masks and a hat for Eunji and a beanie for Bomi.. Before they went out,the other Apink members asking them to bring the foods they want..

 

Bomi was enjoying the walk to the fullest, Eunji too. After buying their foods, they slowly walks home while munching on triangle kimbap which Bomi loves and Eunji also persuaded to buy too.. when they almost get to the apartment, Eunji noticed someone at the park near their building. The man’s back seems so familiar.

“Bomi-ah, you go up first. I have something to do.” Bomi wears a question look but she notice that Eunji looks urgent so she decided to leave first without questions.

After Bomi left, Eunji slowly walks toward the park.

“Hey” said Eunji while taking the swing next to him.

“Oh.. Eunji.. Hey..”

“Are you okay? What are you doing here?”

Myungsoo look towards his left before divert back to the front. He only managed to let out a chuckle and managed to let out a soft ‘I’m fine’

“L-ssi, you seems down. Did something happen? Omo did someone bullies you? Who is it? Tell me and let me fight them”

Myungsoo laughs at Eunji words and shook his head..

“Hahaha.. nothing really.. I’m fine I just want to take some air.”

Eunji smiles when Myungsoo laughs. It’s actually awkward between them. Even though Apink and Infinite lives in the same building, we rarely meet and not that really close well except her is very close to Hoya. Silence fills again and both of them let out an awkward vibe. Eunji quietly take a peep to the man beside her and carefully observing. She totally admits that L is really handsome. Her observe came to an end when L turns his head towards her.

“Oh! Congratulation on your dating!! I never thought the quiet type, cold appearance and doesn’t talk much like you is actually dating hahaha.. It must be good to be in a relationship.”

Eunji was expecting a reply but there is none. She looks to her side only to notice that L face becomes depressed and sadness can be clearly be seen.. Eunji panicked..

“Did I say something wrong? I’m sorry.. but hey, you can share with me. Well even though we’re kinda a stranger to each other but it’s not a bad thing right? I’m a good listener you know.” Eunji tries to joke a bit but L still didn’t give any sign that it works.

“You know what L-ssi, even though we have problems we should face it bravely. No matter what happen, our own happiness is much more important. If we lose something, we might gain another. We are the one can decide our happiness. People always see me as a happy virus which is true but actually I also have many depressed time which had happen so many times but I quickly remember that I still have people to be cherished and many people who still loves us.. Omo, sorry.. I got carried away.. Ermmm.. I should get back first or else Chorong unni will kill me.. Bye, take care”

Eunji gets up from her swing but before she walks away, she turns around again..

“Another thing, do you know that you look more handsome and charming when you smile. Fighting! See you ”

L looks up and saw Eunji’s back which slowly farther and disappears. Her last words really get into him which results of him chuckling to himself.

“See you”

 

Suddenly L’s phone ringing..

“Oh hyung..”

“Yah where are you? It’s already late..” ask Sunggyu on the other line

“I just get some fresh air.. I’ll be back soon..” L hung up before Sunggyu could ask more. Then, he decided he should get back. To be true, Eunji’s word keeps replaying in his head. He was so stressed these days one of the cause is that his dating news was revealed. He was hoping that it will be received well turns otherwise. The pressure was no joke and his girlfriend sudden change also didn’t help much. Eunji’s word makes him realised that he rarely smiles these days and have been distancing himself from others. He sighed deeply before make his way back to the dorm.

 

When the dorm door opens, L saw worried face on his leader face.

“L-ah, you’re okay?”

L smiles and nodded. He taps his hyung shoulder and makes his ways to his room. When he was trying to sleep, he was reminded about the unexpected encounter earlier. He grabs his phone and turns on the front camera. He was smiling.

“Well it is true I am more handsome when I smile” said L to himself before placing his phone at the lamp table and he go to sleep.