1st

Margaux and Zachary

Monday.

Margaux hates Monday's and so as Tuesday's and so as Wednesday's and so on. She just woke up and she knows she's going to be late, again, as usual. She hates that feeling of separation from her beloved bed every time her younger sister (by one year), Beatrix, would violently pull her off from her bed.

"" she would always say
"Be grateful, I'm doing you a favor" her sister would say, Margaux rolls her eyes at her sister who was busy drowning herself in perfume that suffocates her.
"You're killing me, get out" Margaux makes a gagging sound as she lazily pulls her self up, Beatrix was just leaving.
"And you're welcome" Beatrix said sarcastically while banging the door loudly behind her.
'What an ' Margaux thought as she changes into her favorite pair of jeans, random shirt and as always, ties her hair up in a lazy ponytail. She really does not want to exert any effort into making her self look good because: (1) she gave up on that years ago, (2) there was no one she would make herself look good for, and (3) it was a waste of energy.
"Margaux!" She heard her mom calling her from downstairs so she grabs her almost-worn-out-but-still-looks-good bag and runs down. She was greeted by the scent of heaven a.k.a bacons and pancakes and eggs. She gaze upon the heavenly table filled with all these deliciousness that would all (well, not really) end up in her tiger-like growling tummy and-
"Didn't you wear that shirt like 2 days ago" Beatrix suddenly burst her bubble of happiness and wrinkles her face, she was surprised to see that Beatrix was still here, she usually leaves early.
"Didn't you know that we have a washing machine?" Margaux smiled at her widely in a way that you could tell she was being sarcastic, Beatrix just shook her head and went back on eating.
"Girls, no fighting in front of the table, in front of the grace" their mom warns, their mom was religious and she believes that the table or the food or whatever is holy and they shouldn't disrespect it.
"Sorry" they both mumble as they were busy pigging out
"So why are you still here?" Margaux started
"Did you seriously forgot?" Beatrix looked at her horrifically as if she killed someone
"Uh?" Margaux scrunches her eyebrows together like 'what the are you talking about?' and Beatrix rolls her eyes at her
"Today's the day in which different schools would come over and check out our school and have activities and such" Beatrix looks at Margaux as if expecting her to get what she means, so Margaux just stared at her like she was crazy
"Ugh! My gosh Margaux, today's the school fest" Beatrix gave up and shook her head in disbelief
"Oh..." Margaux literally forms in a letter 'O' while slowly nodding her head, well she really can't remember such event because it wasn't important to her. No wonder Beatrix was bewildered to see her wearing the shirt she wore two days ago meanwhile Beatrix on the other hand dressed up like she was going to Coachella or something but she knows that it was like that in some sort. People in her school and the other visiting schools would dress up like Beatrix because this was important to them, but not to her.

'Should've stayed home or went to Starbucks' Margaux thought to her self as she examine her school's football field getting fuller and fuller by the second. Margaux was not wrong, people who went to her school must've thought it was Coachella 2.0, guys wore something like it was summer and girls wore boho-ish clothes. 
Margaux sat on the top of the bleachers just to avoid bumping into someone she knows because she doesn't feel like talking at the moment, the sun was about to set but it's rays were penetrating into Margaux and she didn't like that, it made go dry and sore and itchy and irritable. She stood up to scan the area, to see if there were any stalls that could satisfy her drought throat and then there it was, standing so green and mighty - Starbucks. 
She never knew there would be such thing but she was too overwhelmed to question how or why, she immediately ran down and rushed to the stall. As soon as she got there, she quickly said "oneventisizedmochafrappeplease" in one breath. The guy in his Starbucks uniform raised his brows like 'the did she just say?'
"What was that miss?" He politely asked
"I said one venti sized mocha frappe puh-lease" Margaux repeated in slow mo, the guy look ridiculously at her
"Did you read the menu? Mocha's sold out"
"Damn, how come? Ugh, caramel then" 
"What's your name?"
"Margaux.. With an x" he wrote it on her cup and started working on her drink, she looks at his nameplate and it said 'Brielle', she looks up to him again to check if he was really a guy or.. you know. But he looked masculine to her, well he really was masculine. You could see how his uniform hugged his perfectly muscly body, and he kinda seem attractive plus he looks young, like about-her-age young type.
"You have a really nice girly name" Margaux suddenly thought out loud which she regretted, thinking he'd be mad or something but he just laugh lightly.
"This is not my nameplate, I just borrowed it from my partner since I left mine and it's my shift now and our boss said we NEED to wear one" he was already twirling the whip cream on her drink and she just nodded out of embarrassment, he handed her drink and she paid and was ready to walk away when he suddenly said
"Zachary"
"Huh?" Margaux turned back to him
"My name's Zachary, if you were wondering"
"Oh, cool" Margaux regretted saying 'cool' she could've said 'okay' or something that doesn't make her sound eager and she wasn't 'wondering' at all, but she forced a little smile on her face before walking away, without looking back.
Margaux was back on top of the bleachers yet, not on the same spot because some couple were making out there, so she moved a little farther to the center of the bleachers. The sun had already set and it was starting to cool down, music was blaring everywhere and people were either jumping or dancing or grinding or making out.
Beatrix spotted her sister up on the bleachers, she thought on how boring her sister was, sitting on top of the bleachers and drinking Starbucks (which was probably mocha because her sister loves mocha) alone. She looked more pathetic sitting next to a couple who were making out. She just had to go to her, and she did.
"Margaux, what're you doing up here, alone? And next to..that" Beatrix motioned her eyes to the couple on the side, Margaux groaned as if telling her sister, 'I ing know right'
"Didn't want to suffocate down there and look, Starbucks! Never knew they had a stall" Margaux literally shoved her cup to her sisters face to show off her drink but Beatrix just laughed as she shoved the cup back at her
"The barista got your name just right, just perfect. And it seems like he has the hots for you" Beatrix winked at her and dropped some light sticks on her lap then next thing you know, she was out of sight.
Margaux frowned, she forgot to look at her name on the cup, well she really didn't care about it. She read her name on the cup and she literally face palmed herself, her name was spelled 'Margox' like who spells Margaux that way?! Then her eyes moved to a note on top of her name, it read: Have a great night beautiful.
"Oh my gosh, what a creep" she said loudly and the couple at the side momentarily stopped and looked at her accusingly
"Oh sorry, please continue" she ushered them and got herself out from there bringing her Starbucks cup on one hand, the light sticks on the other, and Zachary in her head.