Christmas Shopping

LAST CHRISTMAS

 

christmas shopping
 
“Let’s be as happy as we are now, forever. I love you.”
Posted Image
 
It’s snowing.
 
Chansung noted to himself. A soft smile growing on his handsome face. He remembers how much Ye Eun loves the snow. 
 
Because, it was also snowing when he first confessed to her.
 
But yet, it was also snowing like now when they got into a huge fight last year, nearly resulting into a break up. 
 
“Chansung ah!” 
 
The handsome young man looked up and finds his girlfriend running towards his direction with a huge smile plastered on her beautiful face. 
 
Hi face lit up immediately. 
 
“I’m sorry, I’m late.” Ye Eun half panted. 
 
Letting out a soft chuckle, Chansung took her hand into his.
 
“We don’t have time for apologies now do we? We have to get our presents for the others.”
 
With that, they two of them walked into the shopping mall together, hand in hand. 
 
It’s weird.
 
As much as he tried to ignore the thoughts, Chansung just can’t help himself but to recall what happened last year. The tears in Ye Eun’s eyes, her frustrated screams, his stubbornness, everything just keep repeating in his mind like some spoilt video recorder. 
 
“Chansung ah,”
 
Ye Eun’s voice brought him back to the present. He turned to look at her.
 
“What are you thinking of? You seem a bit out of place.”
 
The young man sighed. 
 
“Nothing can escape from your eyes, as always.” He smiled softly before he continued as the pair walked slowly.
 
“I’m just thinking about what happened last year. I don’t know why, it came to me suddenly and I can’t get it out of my head.”
 
Ye Eun kept silent for a while.
 
“It seems that last Christmas was a bad one for all of us.” 
 
Her voice was soft and Chansung did not miss that hint of sadness in it and he knows the reason.
 
“And I think I was a bit silly to have that kind of thought…”
 
It was also snowing that day. 
 
The both of them were walking solemnly side by side. For weird reason, there was a gap in between them. There was now hand brushing each other, no holding of hands, no wrapping around the shoulder, only a gap in between them. 
 
Out of the four official couples in their group, they were the only one who were not having any problems. Heck, even Hyerim are having difficulties coping with her own problem. It seems that everyone is having troubles that Christmas.
 
Just them. 
 
And it’s making her feeling a bit guilty and that did not escape from Chansung’s intuition. 
 
“Chansung ah,”
 
“Shut up, don’t say anything.”
 
Ye Eun was slightly taken aback by his reaction. 
 
“Chansung…” 
 
She was persistent. 
 
“I asked you to shut up, didn’t I?!” 
 
She saw the angry tears in his eyes welling up. Her heart wrenched. He knows what she’s trying to do. She felt her own eyes watered too.
 
“You want a break for us.”
 
It was a statement, not a question.
 
“You’re feeling bad that we’re the only one that are still perfectly fine and still together. Don’t be stupid, please.” 
 
His voice softened down, to a more pleading tone. 
 
“Please, Chansung, listen to me.”
 
“No! Don’t continue! You’re always like this! Always thinking about the others more than yourself! Can’t you at least spare a thought for me?”
 
“I can’t be selfish! I can’t! I can’t!” 
 
Ye Eun’s tears started spilling out as she screamed. The stress she bottled up during the pass few days were too much now. 
 
“You’re not! It’s not your fault! Whatever had happened, none of it is your fault!” Chansung bellowed. 
 
“I can’t bear to see all of them like this. Not Wooyoung, not Taecyeon, not Sunmi, not Junsu, not Yoobin, not even Hyerim who had Junho by her side! Even Khun and Sohee who are being affected by everything. Everyone is having his or her own troubles. How can we be the only two that is happy!?”
 
“Do we even look happy and blissful now?”
 
That stunned Ye Eun for a moment, who later on collapsed down on the snow, crying out whatever stress she bottled up lately. 
 
“Yah!” Ye Eun smack her boyfriend’s forehead lightly, “Why are we thinking of all these when we are supposed to be having fun searching for their presents! Let’s go, Chansung!”
 
With that, she started dragging him into almost every store she sees.
 
“Yah, slow down!”
 
He laughed at his noona girlfriend childish behavior. 
 
A few hours later, while walking back home. Chansung can’t help but to ask. 
 
“Did you have fun?”
 
Ye Eun smiled blissfully. 
 
“Did everything make up for last year’s bad Christmas?”
 
Silence. 
 
Ye Eun stopped in her tracks and turned to face Chansung. 
 
Raising her right hand, she lightly caressed his handsome face. 
 
“Chansung ah, let’s forget whatever that had happened to us last year alright?” 
 
Chansung blinked. 
 
“Let’s be as happy as we are now, forever. I love you.”
 
Tiptoeing, she lightly brushed her lips against his. 
 
-
-
 
I'm so late!! But it's alright, let's just continue to immerge ourselves into the Christmas atmosphere! hahaha! ChanEun gave me a hard time. I got stuck. I always seem to have a hard time with them and then theirs one will always ends up being angsty! LOL!
 
So... I guess I should wish you guys Happy New Year Eve now instead!!