1/1

Writer and Waiter

Kyungsoo went to that cafe only for him.

 

Well he actually started going to that cafe everyday for 2 weeks now. He would order a extra large iced coffee and a chocolate donut, and just sit there and watch him work out of the corner of his eyes with his laptop open and shining brightly. Every time Kyungsoo is there he comes up with a different life that he would live and write until closing time. No, he's not a stalker, not a saesang fan(because the waiter looks like a celebrity, kyungsoo saw some girls ask if he was, the boy’s reaction was so cute), Kyungsoo is just a writer and this waiter is his favorite muse. His soft hair compliments his slightly tanned skin and barely has any flaws. His eyes are just so, sharp and y, Kyungsoo thinks, and his lips always look like he just had a great and long makeout session with a girlfriend. Kyungsoo looks at the boy as he wipes a table down and sighs quietly. His jawline can sharpen a pencil and Kyungsoo can see a bit of the tattoo from the 3 buttons he left open and his body is just so lean and his posture is so... Kyungsoo looks back at his laptop with tinted cheeks thinking of how much of a creep he is. His fingers begin to slide over the keyboard again. In this version of this waiter's list of lives, his name is Kai. Kai was an abused and bullied child that grew up to start a gang, with the first three members of his rebellious group, Kai hunts down all the people that ruined his life while his gang becomes more and more famous. He's been interested in this plot for a long time but couldn't find the looks to fit the image of his protagonist (until he bumped into this little cafe). He loved to give this waiter a bad boy image the most, but he noticed that the boy, in reality, is quite different from what he imagined.

 

For the two weeks that Kyungsoo was there, he realized that the y waiter he's been writing about (13 one shots so far, that's the most he's done in his life within 2 weeks) contradicts his looks. Now, of course, Kyungsoo hasn't talked to him yet, but he has noticed little things like the shy blush when he gets a compliment for a customer or his manager, or how he never really makes eye contact properly and barely talks with co-workers. He noticed how small he tries to make his posture so that he can avoid a lot of attention (which clearly doesn't work). Kyungsoo was a little taken back when the boy (Kyungsoo assumes he’s in his teens because he looks young) interacted with others because that's not how he pictured him. However the more he thinks about that the more he leaps into a sonder trap and beings thinking of what kind of life do all the people that pass by live. He slide his fingers elegantly off the keyboard and rested his hand on his cheek drilling his elbow into the table and looked out at the humans outside rushing to be successful. He saw a bunch of high schoolers and thought of how naive their lives must be, he apologized for the statement in his mind. He saw an old couple taking their time walking and and younger duo behind them scowling at each other rushing away. What a big world it is.

***

 

To say that Jongin was nervous would be an understatement. The boy felt terrified by the big eyes that follow him as he works. Jongin only wanted to find a quiet place to work since he isn't really considered a social butterfly. The boy blew his bangs out of the way and went to the couple in the corner. He felt like there was a presence behind him and trembled. It's been 2 weeks since he started working here and this guy always walks in at 3:30pm, orders an extra large iced-coffee and a donut, and just sits there typing away and staring at him until closing time. It freaked him out and after two weeks he has the urge to ask him to stop looking already.

 

Although he doesn't want to sound conceited the shy boy knows that people like his looks. But he really hates the attention he gets so he ended up growing up into a 19 years-old that hides behind his back when he talks. Yes he's shy but he warms up to people eventually so its not that bad (it took him a year to accept being friends with Sehun but..that's a special case) at least that what he thinks.

 

However, he was dying of curiosity. Jongin really wants to know about this person that keeps staring at him. Despite wanting to avoid his gaze, Jongin finds himself looking at the short person trying to guess his age. Jongin gave up thinking he should be a high school drop-out or something, because he’s never seen the boy in a uniform and he’s just too short to be an adult. Jongin walks to a dirty table and starts wiping it down not feeling the pair of owl eyes on him anymore as he focuses all this concentration on the table and thinks. Jongin think that maybe the boy that’s staring at him is lonely and wants to talk to him. Maybe the boy is shy. Maybe he’s looking for a job online (might explain the laptop). Jongin stops wiping and looks at the male. He finds him looking out the window, a gaze so far from the real world. Jongin thinks he looks cute like that. Almost like a little puppy.

 

Maybe he should approach the boy.  

 

***

“Um..what can I get you?” Jongin looks down at the owl-eyed boy. He swore he could see sparkles in his eyes when he looked up at Jongin. He’s so cute.

 

“No, I’m good, but would it be okay if you could go out for dinner with me after your shift?”

 

Kyungsoo really wished he would think before he spoke, but alas, he couldn’t. Kyungsoo was so talented at blurting everything out, thats why all his friends recommended writing as a career path, so he could just shut the up. And despite taking that path (he became a writer out of love for the career not peer-pressure, his friends weren't that annoying yet) he still couldnt keep his mouth shut and evaluate the situation at hand.

 

He looked down and blushed, ready for rejection and an, “what the hell?” comment. He was about to apologize too but..

 

“Yeah sure..I’d be happy to.” Jongin smiled. And kyungsoo nodded thinking of a better story.