01.

Lost

Your steps got heavier , your sight was foggy , your senses were numbing slowly . 

" Just a few more steps , please " 

You forced yourself to the door , finally the door swung open and so did your body. There you were laying on the cold hard ground , blood flowing from every single cut left on your body . 

 

" Dear god , show me the way " 

 

You out , silence filling your throbbing brain . Was this the end ? Was this the right thing to do ? You never felt like you were any good . So this was probably , the right path . 

Death.

 

The sound of buzzing machines and the smell of medicine struck your senses. No , please ! This cannot be it , no one appreciates , no one ever recognises your existence , please ! Just end it . You slowly opened your eyes , the room was dimly lit . Thank god for that . You struggled up but a strong force prevented you from trying any further. You looked up , there he was , with bloodshot eyes piercing through your soul . Your body weakened at the sight of him. 

 

" Why ? " the deep firm voice ringed your sense of hearing . 

 

You only managed a shrug, you never knew why too . It all just happened quickly you never really thought it through. 

 

" Is this some kind of sick joke ??? " He stood up and grabbed your shoulders firm yet gently knowing that too much force might just send you back into unconciousness. 

 

You looked away , in fear you might just spill out everything , your tears , your weaknesses , plainly you feared that the truth would be spilled out to him . He was a nice friend , there for you when you needed it , willing to do anything for your own good . Yet , you never really realised how important he actually was in your life. He , Han Gyu Jin was an angel in disguise , you were too blind to ever see through .

 

" Come on , we've known each other since ten , and you're trying to hide something so obvious from me ? " 

You were in shock , he never showed this side of him before . He was well-known for his cute little shy smiles , dorky personality , it was a whole new world to you to see him like this.

 

The room was silent , you dared not look up and stared at your slender fingers that were held in between his warm hands. You battled with the voice in your head to man up and just spill it all out. But soon you spilled out the wrong thing , your tears flowed down instead of the planned out explanation you had in mind. Shocked , Gyujin quickly released his hands from yours and gently wiped your tears with his thumbs. He softly cupped your head and lifted your head up so the both of you had eye contact. For a good two minutes all he did was stare at your eyes that were filled with despair. Strangely, you calmed down after that and told him the full story. Starting off with how you found out you never really were your parents' biological daughter , next with how your dad brought home his mistresses right infront of both your mum and you and it all led to your mum being thrown out of the house and all misery started from there. 

 

This was why you never really brought Gyujin back to your house to hang , lying to him that your dad was doing some renovations slowly . It all was too much for you when you were abused by your dad's mistresses , you lost focus in your studies and even failed in your recent assignments. Yet , all you told Gyujin was it was all due to that part-time job you had. You were upset and disgusted over the fact your dad got angry over your pitiful grades and had the nerves to beat you up when it was all his fault. 

 

As your clear explanation ended , you were enveloped in a warm hug. You let out a small smile and wrapped your arms around him. The both of you remained in that position for quite awhile until the nurse came in to run your check-up. He stayed by your side and cutely observed your quick check-up. At this moment you felt that maybe he was the reason why you were still given the chance to live. Once you were all done , he was called out by the nurse for further information about your health condition .

 

He walked up to you and sat on the empty spot beside you gently grabbing your hand and let out a sigh. 

 

" You'll have to stay here for a week , the nurse said your wounds are too deep and there are lots of them but hey, on the bright side she said you're lucky to have me ! " 

 

You let a laugh and slapped his arm , you were lucky to have someone like him but your face froze when you remembered you had nowhere to reside at now. Reading your mind , Gyujin your head as he said ,

" I told my parents about you when I sent you here , they're more than happy to bring you in ! " 

 

You let out a thankful smile and hugged him once again. 

 

A week has passed and you still had trouble keeping your balance and some of your wounds weren't healed fully but you insisted on being discharged . As expected Gyujin was there to you. 

 

" Shall we make our move now Han Gyujin-ssi ? " You as you linked your arms with his for support. 

 

He laughed at your statement and guided you out. You decided to stop by your house first to grab some important stuff before you go. Luck was on your side today as your dad wasn't home. Gyujin carried your floral backpack and held your hand as you headed out, you couldn't help it but laugh at how adorable he looked like with your floral backpack on. He glared at you and you immediately stopped but failed as you were attempting to stiffle your laughter as he hailed a cab .

 

As soon as you reached his house you were greeted with such a lovely sight you could not believe this was what a normal family was like. Gyujin's mother ushered you to the dining table and invited you to a nice meal . With a grateful heart you bowed to her first before consuming your meal before you even managed to feed on a spoonful of rice you were stopped by Gyujin ,

 

" Yah! You're supposed to eat your medicine before meals! " 

He placed the tablets on your hand and handed you a warm glass of water.

You thanked him and consumed the medicine. Afterwards you finished up your meal and headed to wash your plate but you were stopped by Gyujin once again , this time he insisted on washing due to your wounds that weren't fully healed yet.

 

You only managed a smile and sat down in the living room as you waited for him. You caught a glimpse of their family portrait and it was beautifully shot , memories of how your family were rushed through  your thoughts. An arm wrapped around your shoulders brought you back to reality , there he was with eyes that were in the shape of crescents. 

 

" Let me show you your new room !" 

You nodded and once again he held your hand and led you to one of the rooms.

 

As he opened the door , you were greeted by a banner that read 

 

" WELCOME HOME ~ " 

You turned to face him as you stepped in the room, you were deeply moved. You mouthed a thank you as you continued to tour the room , it was simply decorated and just as you imagined your dream room to be . Just as you took a step forward you felt a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. You were about to turn around when he stopped you , 

 

" Don't move , let me enjoy this moment for a sec " 

 

You smiled at his words and stayed put.

 

" I want you to know , I've loved you with all my heart and I never want to see you in pain ever again . I want to protect you and be happy and do dumb stuff with you and grow old with you , don't you ever dare try to leave me again. I'm here and I care for you , please accept this poor lonely boy ? " 

 

You giggled and turned yourself around to face him. You stared at his beautifully structured face which reminded you of a little kitten and chuckled which made him confused . 

 

" You look like a lost kitten and I'm more than glad to accept a cute lost kitten anytime ~ " 

You took a step closer to him and placed a peck on his lips which made him look even cuter with his surprised expression. 

 

" Promise me to never leave me no matter what and tell me everything that bothers you okay? " 

 

" Promise , " You nodded as he placed a kiss on your lips once more . 

 

This was definitely a way better path than death and you were thankful for that.

 

 

Thanks for reading , I really do appreciate it !! :-) <3