Woogyeol

The Dimpled Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a hot summer day, and the extreme heat had already driven everyone off the streets and into the air-conditioned comforts of their homes.

Only one boy can be seen next to a bus stop, milky white pale skin and his red wine hair brightly shined under the sun. An empty bus pulled up beside him, and he ascended the steps, scanned his transportation card, and made his way to a window seat on the back of the bus.

          The bus started to move and the boy watched as the scenery outside the window ran back and formed a tape of natural beauty. There was something calming about the empty streets and the stillness of the city. He was so lost in his thoughts that when the bus suddenly pulled to a stop, he was jerked forward and bumped his head on the bar of the seat in front of him. He rubbed his forehead and resumed to stare out of the window with the cute blank face of his. He was only vaguely aware that someone had taken a seat beside to him and the bus had started moving again.

“I’m not invisible am I?”

          The boy turned to the sudden nice voice and found a dimpled boy with a brown messily styled hair and glasses staring at him. He raised his eyebrow and turned his attention back to the window.

“It would be nice if you are invisible.”

“Then I wouldn’t have met you and you wouldn’t have met me.”

          The red hair boy was surprised by the brown hair boy’s boldness and was tempted to say something in return. But after a few moments of hesitation, he shook his head, turned back to the window, and the boy sighed beside him.

“Don’t you find me more interesting compared to what’s outside the window?” The brown haired boy tried again, “Has anyone ever told you that your red hair and small lips are extremely pretty? Especially when you blush…and…”

          The dimpled boy adjusted the rim of his glasses as the red hair boy ignored him again. This dimpled was not used to this cold treatment, but this red hair boy was also not the type to give up easily. He wanted his full attention, but before he could open his lips to speak again, the red boy turned and held up one index finger.

“If you are not so talkative, I might consider befriending you.”

“Really?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter