Promise in the heart

Forget You? I Can't (One-shot)

_______ is an ordinary 15 years girl. She is a fan of 2pm, except for Taecyeon, but she never hates him, she just doesn’t like him. That’s two different things, she thought. Her bias is Nickhun anyway. She was sitting in a bench of her school while reading a book when suddenly she accidently hears a conversation behind her.

"You know, they said that one of 2pm is here now!" long hair girl said.

"Bwoh? How do you know?" her friend asked.

"It's just an issue, but I hope it's true! and I hope he is Junho Oppa~" long-hair girl answer her friend.

"Maybe in your dream." her friend smirks.

2pm is here? Noway _______ said to herself.

"Hey _______-ah, what're you doing?" said someone from behind.

"Yah, Gray, you almost cause me a heart attack you know-_- nothing, just read this book." _______ said to Gray. She is ______'s best friend since they're grade one in elementary school. Gray also a hottest, her bias is Junho. Sometimes they arguing about the coolest but it's never make them fight.

"By the way, I hear a rumor about 2pm come to this country." Gray said start their topic.

"I don't believe it, though I still want to meet Khun Oppa. Don't mind it or hope too high." _______ replied.

"Yeah I'm with you." and with that their conversation end. Gray said that she want to go to her class so she left _______ alone.

-------------------------------------------------

After school

"_______!" shouted Gray.

"Hey Gray, what's wrong?" _______ said to her friend.

"You can go this Saturday right?" Gray start to walk to the school gate. _______ follow her. They often went home together like this.

"Of course I can. I've told you right? I know that day is important for you." _______ grin, tease Gray.

"Yah! Don't tease me." Gray blushed.

"Haha, sorry I just can't help it. I know he like you too. Fighting~" _______ said encourage her.

"Thanks! You are my besties forever!" Gray then hugged her best friend.

"I know~"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 1 p.m.

"Come on, Gray. He is waiting for you." _______ said when they saw Eric, Gray’s boyfriend. And after that they leave _______ alone at the food court. She just staring at her cup of tea without blinking, then she sigh her heart out. She stood up to leave the food court area, decide to have a walk in that mall.

Just when her mind was blank, she bumped into someone.

"Sorry, I didn't saw you." he said.

"No, I'm sorry too. My mind was blank back th--" her words were cut by her thought. Have I saw him before? And wow, he is so tall.

"Are you okay?" he asked _______ who just staring at him.

"Ah I'm okay. Sorry." _______ said.

"By the way, I'm Ok Taecyeon. What's your name?" he said and... WHAT? TAECYEON?! Of course I’ve saw him!

"Uh err... my name is _______. Just call me that, sir." _______ and Taecyeon shake their hands.

 

A while ago

Taecyeon's POV

I just bump into someone. And wow, she is so cute. Didn't she know me? Let's check out.

"By the way, I'm Ok Taecyeon. What's your name?" I said.

"Uh err... my name is _______. Just call me that, sir." she replied. Sir? hmm I don't like that one.

"Don't call me sir." I said then.

"So what I have to call you?"

"Just call me Taecyeon." and she look like thinking of something.

"Hmmm, ok. I don't mind." she said smiling.

"Do you know 2pm?" I can't help but ask. We still at the place we bump each other now.

"I know them." she answered. My heart beat faster.

"So, you know me then?" I express my heart out.

"I know you, as Taecyeon 2pm, but I don't know you as a real Taecyeon yet right?" then she smiles. I smile as well to hear her answer.

"If it's like that then you wanna be my friend to know the real me?" I asked her again. I hold my breath to hear her answer.

"Of course, I like a new friend." she said and I sigh in relieve. But suddenly I remember the other are waiting for me.

"Are you alone here?" I asked her to make sure.

"Actually no, but my friends are dating so....... you can say yes. Why? I know you're not alone right?" she then asked me back.

"Umm yeah actually I'm with the other member here. But don't tell anyone okay? The issue is only one of us come, but actually all of us come to this country." I told her honestly.

"Omo, really? Do you guys want to catch up? You even didn't wear glasses to cover your face." she said.

"Why I have to wear glasses when I'm with my friends?" I replied her.

"You and your words.” _______ rolled her eyes. “Thank you then to treat me like your friends. You know what? I'm just 15 years old." she grinned at me.

"BWOH? 15 years old? Hmmm it's okay. You just 6 years younger than me, anyway." I said casually.

"JUST 6 years old??? Oh c'mon, it's like I should call you ahjussi, haha." she tease me.

"Yah! I'm not that old." I shouted. Suddenly I remember something again. "Oh if you know 2pm then you like kpop right?"

"Uh-huh, I like 2pm the most."

"Who's your bias?" once again I hold my breath. Somehow I hope her bias is me.

"Nickhun Oppa." she said smiling. My heart aching to see her eyes are sparkling as she said that name.

"Oh." is just I can manage to say.

"By the way, aren't your friends waiting for you?"

"Actually yes, but I don't know the direction to get there. Can you show me the way to the movie studio?"

"Of course I can. Anything for my friend.”, friend. I wonder is that word of friend is enough for me. I don't know why my heart is like this.

End of Taecyeon's POV

 

Yours POV

Taecyeon is not bad. Why I must didn't like him? He is tall, kind, and cute. Yah! Stop thinking like that. Aaaah my head got curly-_-

End of your POV

 

They walk together, although there are so much people staring at them, a 'wow' eyes for Taecyeon and death glare for _______. She just kept quite until Taecyeon said in a loud voice.

"Yah, why are you kept quite? We're FRIENDS, but it seems you don't comfortable around me." everyone widen their eyes.

"Yah, it's not like that, and low your voice. Everyone can hear you." _______ said but Taecyeon just wink at her as a replied, so she sigh and shook her head to see Taecyeon's act.

Does he try to protect me from that 'death glare'? _________ thought to herself but she shook her head again as soon as possible.

"_______!" shouted someone suddenly. _______ turn her face and.... OH shoot not her.

"Gray....." _______ said weakly.

"Excuse me sir." Gray pull _______'s hand to take her to somewhere that Taecyeon can't hear her voice. "Is he Taec? Say no please." she asked.

"Unfortunately, he is." _______ said and smile innocently.

"How can HE with YOU?" Gray asked again.

"It's because YOU and ERIC have your date so I walk alone until I bumped into someone and it was him." _______ said calmly, don't want to skip her tease for her friend. Eric’s just grinning.

"Yah how can you tease me in this situation?" Gray pouted but _______ ignore her and pull her to Taecyeon's direction.

"Sorry, she is my best friend."_______ pointing at Gray. "I'm with her a while ago before I'm with you. This is her boyfriend." then pointing at Eric.

"Gray"

"Eric"

"Taecyeon. Nice to meet you. If you _______'s friend, then you also my friend." Taecyeon said nicely. ______'s eyes widen, even Gray and Eric also have their eyes as widen as _______'s.

"Uhmm we have to go. See you around." Gray and Eric leave as soon as possible to let their friends have her time with Taecyeon.

_______ and Taecyeon found that they comfortable with each other. They have a different favorite kind of music, food, or even style of cloths. But that's make them got close each other. They often arguing unimportant thing. They almost forgot that the other 2pm members are waiting for them, and finally they reach the studio 1 hour after they met.

"Come on, I wanna introduce you to the other." Taecyeon pull _______ that almost run away from them. She doesn't want to involve with an artist life.

"But--" her words were cut cause she already in front of them.

"YAH Taecyeon! What took you so long to just get here??" Junsu slap his head.

"Sorry guys. I bump into her a while ago. And didn't know the direction to get here so I ask her and she showed me." Taecyeon answer apologetically.

"It's okay. Thanks for your help. What's your name?" Junho asked.

"My name is _______." she said introduce herself.

"And by the way she is a hottest." Taecyeon add. _______ slap his back.

"Omo, really? Who is your bias??" Chansung ask excitedly.

"Don't you afraid that I'm a fanatic fan girl that can bite you anytime I want?" she asked back without answering Chansung's question.

"Yah, answer me first." Chansung pouted.

"My bias is Nickhun Oppa." _______ said blushing. She quickly added "Now answer me." But the one who answer her is Nickhun.

"Thanks for like me. I'm the one who will answer you. No, we're not afraid cause...." he can't finish his sentence so Wooyoung help him to continue it.

"Cause you are a cute girl that we don't have to be afraid to." they all can see _______'s blushing. Taecyeon is just staring at her.

It seems I can't be her favorite, absolutely Nickhun.

"Can you mention us one by one from your bias?" Chansung still can't help his excited mind.

"Nickhun-ssi, Junsu-ssi, Junho-ssi, Wooyoung-ssi, Chansung-ssi, Jaebum-ssi and last... Taecyeon-ssi." she said, felt guilty to Taecyeon so she added. "But Taecyeon-ssi is my best friend^^" she can hear 'oooo' around 2pm member.

AISH! I'm her last favorite?! Taecyeon shouted in her heart, but keep quite. Nickhun know that expression from his friend, and want to play a trick for him. He got closer to _______ and holds her hand, then pulls her to the ticket booth.

"You also have to watch the movie with us!" Nickhun said. The other member jump excitedly, except for Taecyeon. He still need some time to get back to his sense. In the other hand, _______ is so happy to know that now Nickhun hold her hand.

"Hmm the movie is.... 4.30 p.m. how is it? You wanna come with us?" Nickhun add.

"Hmmm, okay." _______ said. Then Nickhun bought 8 tickets for them. He offered the other to have a walk at the mall and everyone agreed. He kept hold _______'s hand. Taecyeon try to ignore it and rolled his eyes Like I care he said to himself, while his heart said the opposite words.

They have their separated ways in the book store. but Nickhun gather everyone except Taec and _______.

"I bought 8 tickets, but…"

"But?" Jaebum asked.

"But without they know, I bought 2 seats in a different row from the other seats." Nikchun explain.

"And the different 2 seats are for _______ and Taecyeon Hyung right?" Junho ask

"So you see it too? There's something in Taec’s eyes everytime he saw her." Jaebum add.

"But if you know, why you always hold _______'s hand?" Junsu can't help but ask.

"Just to make Taec Hyung jealous and to see _______'s reaction. Am I right?" Wooyoung is the one who answered.

"Yeah. And I also can see when she said that Taec is her last favorite she feel something wrong. When I hold my hand her smile didn't reach her eyes." Nickhun add.

-------------------------------------------------------

4.30 p.m.

"Hey guys, this is the ticket. I'll give you yours." Nickhun said before they went in to the studio. They let _______ and Taec go first cause their row is bellow the two different seats, so _______ and Taec wouldn't realize it before they sit.

"Taecyeon-ssi, where's the other?" _______ asked.

"I don't know, I can't find them either." Taecyeon try to search the other but the movie went started so the light turned off. He pouted. "Aissh. I think they play a trick with us."

Taecyeon and I alone? Why my heart beat faster? Don't tell me I started to like him than Nickhun Oppa. Yah stop that thought, _______! Nickhun Oppa is still your bias. She said to herself.

"What kind of movie that Nickhun pick?" Taec started the topic with a whisper.

"I don't kn--" _______'s words were cut and suddenly she hugged Taecyeon’s arm then hide behind it. Taec got startled and turn his head to see the movie, a horror movie. He laughed quitely, but loud enough for _______ to hear it.

"Yah! Why are you laughing?" she pouted.

"Nothing. I just find it cute. Someone like you, scared of a movie like this? Interesting." He then laughed again. _______ got mad and push Taecyeon away.

"I-I-I'm not scared." _______ tried to brave, when the scary part of that movie show up. She then hugs Taecyeon again. Taec laugh in amused bye _______'s action.

"Just admit it that you're scared then." Taecyeon said, try to hold his laugh but he can’t.

"Yah! Stop laughing or I'll bite you." _______ replied.

"Owww you're scarier than this movie!" he kept without stop laughing.

"Aish!" then _______ took Taec's hand and really bite it.

"Ouch! What're you doing?"

"I said that I'll bite you. I'm serious about that. So shut up!"

"Yah, you have no manner to the elder."

"I'll repeat. So be silence ah.ju.ssi.!" _______ turn his face away but unfortunately once again a scary part show up. She then hugs Taec's hand for the third time. But this time Taec patted her head and whisper some magic words to her that make her comfort.

-------------------------------------------

After that movie, Taec meet Nickhun privately.

"Yah, Khun, What're you up to? Why you just leave me and her alone in a different row?" he ask.

"Oh, sorry Taec, it's an accident." Khun made an innocent face.

"Yah I know it's not an accident."

"Yeah and I know there's something in your eyes everytime you saw her."

Taecyeon is in his silence.

-------------------------------------------

They play at the time zone. _______ play the basket ball games, but unfortunately, there isn’t one of the ball reach the ring. Taec laugh at it and start a new game. He show _______ how tall he is and how easy he can make a score.

“Yah, I know you’re tall, and I know you’re sporty. Play with yourself, huh.” _______ almost go to the other side of time zone when Taec pull his hand.

“The first one is your game, the second one is mine, and the third one is ours. I haven’t said something yet right?” Taec said. _______’s mood suddenly change. She got excited and jump to Taecyeon.

“Let’s play! Let’s play! Teach me!!” she said.

“Yah, slow down.” Then Taec pick a ball, give it to _______ and pointing at the ring. “Throw it there.” Taec said. _______ do what Taecyeon said, but she failed.

“Yah, I can’t.” she pouted.

“Oh c’mon. I know you can do it, let’s try again.” Taec took _______’s hand that already hand the ball, and help her direct her hand through to the ring. “Gain your strength in your arms, and then throw it. Got it? 1, 2, 3!” they throw it together and _______ did it.

“I did it! I did it! Thanks!!!” she hugs Taecyeon who got startled and already has his heart beat faster like a roller coaster. But he hugs her back and whisper.

“I know you can do it.”

_______’s eyes widen as she realize what is she doing. She quickly pulls away from their hug and said, “Sorry, I’m too excited.”

“It’s okay. Wanna play again?” Taecyeon asked. _______ nodded excitedly.

They play until 30 minutes and realize that the other isn’t with them. They pouted cutely then try to find their friends. They get out from that place and find them at a restaurant.

“YAH! Why are you left us??” They said simultaneously.

“Because you had fun together without us, and because we’re hungry we entered this restaurant.” Jaebum answered casually.

“Aish hyung.” Taec pouted.

“Mianhae mianhae, take your seats.” Chansung said. The other just try hardly to hold their laugh. They’ve prepare the two seats is next to each other, and Nickhun is next to _______.

“_______-ah, what do you want to eat?” Nickhun asks her as he shares his list of menu.

“Hmm I think Spaghetti.” She answered.

“Oh, I want spaghetti too. What kind that you want?” Nickhun asked her again. Taec seems wait for the answer too but she doesn’t look at him that always peek at her. 2pm still try to get their sense and hold their laugh. Nickhun sure is a good actor.

Junsu who sits in front of Taec pretend to receive a message and take his phone. He put his elbow in the table and turn on his camera, turn off its flashlight and quietly takes the photo of Taec staring at _______ that talking with Nickhun. He chuckled a little and decides to go to the bathroom before it burst out into laugh.

“I don’t know. Hmm I want the chilli pepper, but I want the black pepper too.”

“Hm, what if you order the black pepper and I’m chilli pepper?”

“Whae?”

“So if you want both of them, you can try mine.” Nickhun smiles widely. All of them except _______ can see Taec almost cough and turn his face away. They amused by that.

“Thanks” _______ said smiling.

After the waitress serve their food, they eat and 10 minutes after they start, Nickhun says, “_______-ah, this. Open your mouth.”

She opens and Nickhun feeds her.

Taec stood up and leave them to the toilet but he doesn’t say anything and make his friends hold their laugh.

“What’s wrong with him?” _______ asked.

“Maybe he can’t hold to pee.” Jay answered her.

“I’ll go check on him.” Nickhun excuses and secretly winks to without _______’s knowing.

Meanwhile, Taecyeon.

“Ahh shoot why I’m like this? Damn Khun.” He said.

“No manner to the elder.” Nickhun appeared while made a fake pout. “What makes you think of me like that?” he continues.

Taec almost cough badly to see Nickhun heard him said that thing. “Nothing. Forget it.” He replied.

“Just admit then that you’re jealous.” Nickhun grinned at his best friend and then said. “I’ll just tell you this. The other member maybe just wanna play a trick with you two so you can pairing up. But I’m serious. I like her. And she said that I’m her bias. If you don’t act fast, she’s mine then.”

“First of all, I’m totally not jealous. And second, who cares if she’s yours? Take it then. I don’t wanna be a fake to like her. I.do.not.like.her. And I don’t wanna hurt her if I grant your wish to be with her.” Taecyeon said with a doubtful eyes.

“Oh you don’t dare me Ok Taecyeon. You know that you’re her LAST favorite. Oops.” Nickhun leaves him alone and add to his heart. And you’ve been her first since you met her. You just didn’t realize it, she neither. But soon or late she’ll realize it. Maybe I’m really the one who should give in.

-------------------------------------------

Nickhun back to his seat and smile. “He’s okay, he said that his chest hurt somehow. But he asked me to go because he’ll come join us again soon.” And after Nickhun said that, Taecyeon popped out of the restroom with a calm face, though his heart feel the other way.

“Does your chest okay now?” _______ asked as Taecyeon sits again.

“Uh-huh, it’s okay.” He answered. It must be Nickhun tell them something like that. So he challenges me to act normal? Fine. He says to himself.

--------------------------------------------

This is 8 p.m. and they just finish eating.

“You pay, you’re the leadja.” Junsu suggest innocently.

“Yeay! He’s going to pay! He’s going to pay!” shouted the other member. Jay just glare at Junsu, give him a “you’re a dead man” eyes and take out his wallet.

Nickhun asks permission to the leader to bring _______ somewhere and asks them to wait at the bench near the restaurant.

As soon as he brings _______ to that ‘somewhere’ randomly, he says “I like you, the first time I see you I know I had a crush on you. I swear.”

“Yah, don’t kidding me. It’s not the time for it.” She replied with a nervous tone. Nickhun is her bias, she should happy now….right? but her heart isn’t pounding like when she was with Taecyeon. Wait, what just am I thinking about?

“This isn’t time for it I know, so I’m not kidding at all. This is our last day here and I don’t wanna lose chance.” Nickhun said with an eye full of promise.

“I…” _______ try to say something but she cut herself. What I have to say? I don’t know... why is Taecyeon face and his voice that keep soar in my head? I must like Nickhun right?

“I knew it.” Nickhun suddenly said to know that she isn’t going to give him an answer.

“Knew what?” she asked.

“That you’ve taken already.”

“By who?”

“Who else?”

“I really don’t know.”

“Did I need to say it to make you realize?”

“Yes.”

“By Ok Taecyeon.”

“What?”

“Yeah. Just admit it. Right? You very happy when you’re with him. Even in the movie, I saw you kept hug him during it.” Nickhun states.

“Yah, it’s because YOU pick a horror movie and not like you all, I’m not a fan of that kind of movie ya’know.” _______ replied him. Nikchun laugh.

“Sorry, sorry. Let’s go to the other for now. It had been 10 minutes.”

When they come to the other,

“So? Now you two are a couple?” Jay asked curiously, still thinks that Nickhun is just wanna have fun with Taecyeon.

Before _______ talks, Nickhun cut her first and says, “It’s a secret.” He winks his eyes and everyone can see that _______ is blushing to see that.

“Yah! What’s this suppose to mean?” Junsu said impatiently.

“This is suppose that I’m the one who should ask you myself right?” Taec said in a cold tone. “See. I said I don’t care about you two. I just met her. And Nickhun is her bias anyway. It seems that Nickhun is also likes her. So what? It has nothing to do with me.”

 

Your POV

Why…. My heart hurts. So much, then I hold my breath, touch my chest that feel like it’s punched by any direction. Unfortunately without my control, tears falling down to my cheek.

“You’re so mean, Taecyeon.” Nickhun said, almost hit him.

“Why?” Taecyeon still has his face away from me, doesn’t see that I’m crying.

“You caused a girl crying.” Nickhun said again. The other 2pm member are in their silence.

“Wha-- _______!” he walks to my direction but Nickhun stops him.

“What do you want? You don’t deserve to touch her.” He says.

“Wait, I don’t really know what’s happening. You two are dating so what?! I’m the one who got frustrated! Why is she the one who’s crying? I don’t get it.” He seems like somewhat pissed off and….. what? Frustrated?

“Yeah I am really frustrated.” He said, looking at me. Is he can hear my heart somehow or… oh God I’ve been saying what I’m thinking. So stupid.

“Why is that?!” I asked try to be brave.

“Because I love you though we’ve just met and to know that you like Nickhun and I’m your last favorite either, also to know that Nickhun likes you too. So what now for me? You two are dating now I know. So why do you have to cry?! Frustrating.” He ruffles his hair and almost screams.

I just open my mouth as widen as I can before finally, at least, just can manage to say “What?”

“Yeah, I like you… no, I love you and it’s frustrating to see you and Nickhun like that. And what if I forget you? I think I can’t. Maybe it’s just in my dream.” He says, clear his throat.

“And for your good sake, Ok Taecyeon, I do like her. But she isn’t my girlfriend. You want to know why? It’s because there’s just you in her mind when I’m talking to her. That’s also why she’s crying. Hurt because you said a really, really, really mean thing. Pabo.” Nickhun said.

“WHAT? YOU LIKE HER? REALLY FOR SURE?” finally, a dead 2pm become life again and shouted loudly so everyone can hear them. They quickly hide their face but…

“LOOK! IT’S 2PM!! JUNHO OPPA!” someone shouted.

“RIGHT! JUNSU OPPAA~~~” the other joined. Just in a second, there’s so much fans run towards them.

“WAAA IT’S WOOYOUNG OPPA!” a girl scream.

End of Your POV

 

“Quick! Right here _______!” Taecyeon takes _______’s hand and run leaves 2pm behind.

“What about them?” she asks.

“They can handle it. Jay said to save you first because if they found out you were with us, you sure you’re a dead woman.” He explains while still running. They finally find a good spots and hide.

“So…” Taecyeon tries to break the awkward tension between them. “Mianhae.”

“Wae? For what?” _______ asks him.

“For made you cry.”

“Really it’s okay.”

“So, if you didn’t dating with Nickhun then… what about me?”

“What do you mean?” _______ trying to act confuse.

“Yah, you know what I mean. Um… okay then. D-do you um… want to be… mine?” he asks stuttering. _______ nods her head and blushes.

“Thanks!!!” Taec hugs her tightly.

“Taec..yeon-ssi.. can’t breathe..”

“Sorry, I’m just too excited.” He said and hug her again. Suddenly they hear someone shouted “Group huggg!!!” and it’s Jay. 2pm come to their direction and hug each other make a circle.

“Guys… really can’t breathe..”

--------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow morning, 10 a.m.

“Don’t forget to call me every time you need it ‘kay?” Taecyeon said. “I would call you everyday” he smiles.

“Thanks. Take care. And you guys also. I’ll watch you from here.” _______ said as she sees one by one their face. Gray is with her also.

“Take care.” She said.

“Of course. Umm and I think we have to let them alone for a while.” Wooyoung said.

“Yeah I think so too.” Chansung said.

“I’ll be waiting in the car, _______” Gray said.

After they left, Taec kisses _______’s forehead.

“Bye, my little princess. I hope you grown up fast so I can come back here to propose you.” Taecyeon stick his tongue out.

“Bye Oppa. Take care there. I’ll miss you.” _______ said as her tears falls down.

“Yah, don’t cry.”

“Sorry Oppa.”

“I’ll see you later, duffy.” Taecyeon smiles.

“Yah, what kind of nickname is that?” _______ pouted while Taecyeon giggle at her. “You’ll lose your flight if we just keep talking like this.” She continue

“Okay, this is the last time. Let me hug you.” And they hug for a while before Taecyeon bid his farewell.

 

Soon, they’ll meet again. It’s a promise in their heart.

 

~END~