Departure

Close My Eyes (JeongkwangYoung)

"I don't want to. " Kwangmin mumbled in response to his twin's constant nagging.
Youngmin frowned at his comment and shook his head questioningly. "Why not? Since we're going to college anyway, why not spend our school days in a dorm..with other students." Kwangmin came to a stop and sighed. It wasn't just once or twice, but every time Youngmin asked him for something, he felt weak and accepted after a couple tries. Kwangmin smiled and turned to him with a nod. "Alright, you got it this time." A happy expression was visible on Youngmin's face. "Really?" He asked in surprise, yet he knew Kwangmin gives into his nagging every time, he would still be happily surprised every time.
"Now I guess we can start packing" Youngmin muttered quietly before taking a glance at Kwangmin. "Maybe.." Kwangmin mumbled and looks at Youngmin with a blink. "..."
"Alright alright..we will, for sure." He assured Youngmin with a light pat on his shoulder and glances back ahead as the two walk. Youngmin chuckled and sighed happily, thinking of all the interesting things that could happen, living in an all boys college dorm.

The two stopped at their house.
"Wait, did you get the bread mom asked for?" Youngmin asked looking at Kwangmin. "Bread?" He asked in confusion as he reached into his pocket taking out the folded paper their mom gave them prior to going out. "She didn't write anything about getting bread here.." Kwangmin said while opening it up. "She told me last minute..I should've remembered" Youngmin sighed and shook his head at himself. Kwangmin eyed his older brother before smiling and patting his shoulder. "Don't worry hyung, I got it. I'll get the bread and be right back" He took a step back, handing Youngmin the groceries as he continues. "You can tell mom that I forgot to get it." Youngmin took the groceries from him. "But..-" Before he had the chance to speak, Kwangmin was already far ahead, heading to the grocery store. Youngmin sigh with a light frown. Though he was the oldest of the two, it seemed more like Kwangmin was taking care of him most of the time. He turned away and walked to the front door of their house, carrying the few groceries they got. Youngmin took out the house key in his pocket and unlocked the door before heading inside.
"Mom?" Youngmin called out as he walked ahead while looking around for her. "I got the groc" He came to a quick pause, startled as he sees his mom sitting at the couch. He scoffed with a smile and walked towards her slowly. "Omma, what are you doing here alone.." Youngmin asked quietly. "The lights are dimmed too.." He looked around with blink before looking back at her. The mom remained silent. Youngmin furrowed his brows and lowered the grocery bags to the floor slowly, seeing something seemed off. "Did something happen" He stood there locking his eyes at her waiting for a response.
...
The mother sighed. "Please take care of your brother Youngmin." She finally spoke.
Youngmin eyed her in confusion. "Of course..but why? Is something the matter mom?" She smiled sadly at him, her brows faintly furrowed. "I will miss you two very much ..and always be sure that I love you" Youngmin froze upon hearing her words, he was confused. "We love you too mom..." He replied in a deep voice. Youngmin was about to continue before stopping, his eyes landing on the suitcase beside his mom. He gulped and stepped back, breathing shakily. "Where are you going .." He asked quietly, his voice hardly coming out. "I'm sorry Youngmin..please tell Kwangmin I love him too.." She gave him a quick smile as she got up, quickly wrapping her arms around the stoned Youngmin tightly. "...I will dearly miss you..-" She immediately stopped as her voice breaks, feeling her tears start to form. She stepped back from Youngmin and took her suitcase, heading hurriedly past her son.
The mother took one last glance at her son with a sniff, she turned away and opened the door, heading out quickly with her suitcase.
...
Kwangmin smiled as he walks down the path leading to their home. He looks down at the bag of bread in his hand then ahead again. He placed his free hand in his pocket, whistling as he makes his way to the front door. Kwangmin took his hand out of his pocket, reaching it to the door knob but pauses, the door was open. "Hm?"
He took a look around then back at the door with a smile. "Did Youngmin forget to close it?" Shaking his head with a smile. "That's not like him" He grabbed the knob and opened the door fully and steps in, slowly closing it after him.
"Woah..is the electricity out?" He joked seeing the turned off lights and looks around. "I'm back, no one gonna greet me?" He grinned while walking further inside. "Hyung." He blinks and looks around,  wondering why the house was so quiet. Kwangmin lowered his brows and glanced to the side, seeing Youngmin standing there. "Youngmin?  What are you doing there" He walked to him and places his hand on Youngmin's shoulder shaking him lightly. Youngmin didn't respond.
..
"What's the matter? " Kwangmin asked impatiently, he hated when people wouldn't respond to him. Again, not a single word came out of Youngmin's mouth..there was another silence.
..
"She's gone.."
Kwangmin smiled as Youngmin finally spoke but it quickly faded as he realized Youngmin's words.
..He smiled in confusion with lowered brows. "What do you mean ..gone.."
Youngmin gulped and turned to Kwangmin and gripped his shirt with both hands. "Our mom..she's gone..forever, she won't be back-!" Youngmin cried out, breathing shakily.
Kwangmin clenched his fist briefly before loosening it, the bag of bread falling from his hand slowly to the floor. He squinted his eyes, seeing Youngmin's red eyes..knowing for sure that he wasn't joking.
..
Kwangmin gulped, forcing a faint grin.
He reached his hands up slowly and wraps them around Youngmin, hugging him closely. If their mother is gone..their father serves in the military overseas..they only have each other.
"Don't worry " Kwangmin whispered. "I will always be there." Youngmin closed his eyes slowly after hearing Kwangmin's assuring words..feeling comfortable in his embrace.
"We'll be fine..as long as we are together." Youngmin assured Kwangmin back and opens his eyes slowly.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey! This my first story on here. It's the first chapter and you can expect more.~

Hope you like it! Feel free to comment below what you think.