Dreamland

Drabbles

The pitter-patter of rain seems to be a never-ending song from heaven. Because of this, the night has been so chilly; one wouldn’t need to turn on the fan or the air conditioner if you’re rich enough.

Jongin is currently on the bed tapping on Kyungsoo’s side as he brings his best friend to sleep. He looks so peaceful wandering in dreamland. Jongin thinks he really needs it. Working as a factory worker isn’t easy. Carrying hundreds of boxes and transferring them from one place to another is really tiring. And with Kyungsoo’s small built, he isn’t supposed to be in such a job. Being the eldest in his family pushes him to. After his parents’ divorce, his mother went so ill because of depression, leaving her unable to speak and to just stay at home, staring into nothing at their window. He was supposed to study in Seoul but due to his mother’s illness and his father completely neglecting them, he was forced to stop his schooling leaving him to this, supporting his family by himself.

Jongin couldn’t help but wonder how hard things are for Kyungsoo. Inspecting him as he sleeps, his eyes won’t stray from his small hands, calloused at the skin where knuckles are; calloused from the edges of the big heavy boxes he carries, his palms calloused and with blisters from all his work. His eyes don’t even flutter in his sleep, his thin frame rising and falling as he takes deep breaths, his plump lips slightly ajar, signaling how far Kyungsoo’s doze has taken him to.

As his best friend, he allows him to sleep well. He lets him be kept in his deep slumber because this is what he can give him for now. Comfort and sleep. It’s what he needs the most right now after the very tiring day.

“Sleep well, Kyungsoo. I pray for your strength tomorrow and the next days to some,” says Jongin as he covers Kyungsoo with their shared comforter. He then proceeds to slip beside him in their shared bed, allowing sleep to take over their fatigue, missing the smile on his friend’s face.

“Good night, Jongin.”

 

 

 

A/N: I wrote this while listening to IU’s song “Knee.” I’m her fan. It's my favorite song in her latest album Chat-Shire. It’s really mellow and the tune’s so comforting. Try reading this while listening to it. Thanks for the read!