G002. choosing photos

on CLOUD 9 || graphics & layouts tutorials
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

choosing photos

 

 

 

You should always invest your time in the search of good photos before starting on a poster and here are some general guidelines to follow.

1. You'll need to take note of the poster's mood and genre before starting on your search because your photos need to fit in the said mood. For example, if you're making a happy poster, try to find photos where the characters are smiling or if it's a sad poster, make sure they're not smiling, it's best if they actually look sad.

^ You can use something like this for a comedy poster.

^ Something like this for a happy poster.

^ And maybe something like this for a sad poster. It does not have to be black and white but the point is that you can see the pain/agony in her face.

 

 

 

2. The photos should be large in order for them to be clear. If you choose a photo like this (size 48X48),  it'll turn out like this in your canvas:

 

I honestly don't think that small photo can be used.

#TIP: You can use this method to filter out the larger photos - Search Tools > Size > Larger than > 400X300 (or any other size you prefer).

 

 

Always open the photo in new tab before saving it so that you will save the photo in it's original size (also it's largest size).

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter