02.12.2015 (Christmas Cards)

Winter Wonderland

Himchan walked up and down the aisle, his eyes on the colourful cards in front of him. Usually, he spent his Christmas with the other B.A.P members but this year he was in America, visiting friends and family. Being away from his band mates felt weird and he at least wanted to send them his greetings to the others.

The choice of holiday cards was huge, he had never seen such a large amount of different cards - this wasn't a popular tradition in Korea after all. After a while, he had picked out 5 cards for the members and another one for his parents. Back home, he thought about what he could write to each of them. He wanted the others to read the card with a smile on their faces.

Himchan usually spent all of his time with the others and he had never been one who was too shy to speak his mind but this felt different and he wanted to make sure to pick the right words. Now he had the chance to say things without seeing the other's reactions, without having to worry that they would make fun of him or didn't take his words of affection quite serious.

He started with Yongguk, they had known each other for the longest time and he had the most things to say to him. Yongguk wasn't a person of many words but Himchan wanted to use this chance to let the other know once again how thankful he was and how much he enjoyed every moment with Yongguk. Himchan had said it before, in interviews with a hint of a joke and sometimes during one of their late night chats in the car, when the others were already sleeping. Himchan felt closer to Yongguk than anybody else.

The next in line was Junhong. Himchan had met him when he was 13 and now he was 19, he had watched him growing up as an older brother. Everyone showed a lot of affection to Junhong, even Yongguk could easily open up to the youngest of them and he had also brought Himchan many joyful times. Junhong always bared with his fanservice on fansigns and had never once complained and he knew how much Junhong respected him and looked up to him. Himchan was proud when he thought back about all the progress the younger had made and he admired him for his strength to deal with every difficult situation so well even though he had been so young.

When things got tense and Himchan felt like getting rid off excess energy, Youngjae was the person he would go to. They could fight and annoy each other without creating an awkward atmosphere afterwards. In one moment they could be shouting at each other and ten minutes later they would laugh about it, both of them feeling better after they had gotten rid off the built up stress. Himchan smiled as he wrote down the lines for Youngjae, knowing that the other would probably protest loudly about it but on the inside he would feel warm and happy, this is how Youngjae was, this is how their relationship worked.

Daehyun, once being the country boy who had joined B.A.P as the last member had become a significant part of them. At first they were awkward but the more time went by, the more Daehyun had opened up to him. It had been easier for Daehyun to approach him than Yongguk, although they were both the same age, Yongguk was the leader and the younger had felt too much respect to approach him for personal matters. Himchan on the other hand, was kind of the middle man for them, everyone liked to approach him and Himchan was happy to be a good example for the others and influence them in a positive way.

Jongup was the last one and Himchan felt that he had a special bond to him. From the outside, Jongup would come across as someone who is quiet but it was the opposite. Although he wasn't as loud as Daehyun and Youngjae, when Jongup opened his mouth to say something it would be something witty that made everyone either laugh or it was something smart that came so unexpected that it left everyone in awe. Jongup had also helped him many times with the choreography, never losing patience or motivation when Himchan asked for another take on the dance.

Himchan was very fond of all of them, each of them in their own way and he wouldn't want to be with anybody else. They had started as bandmates and co-workers but now they were more, they had shared so many memories together, good and bad, they had helped each other maturing and becoming better people. He was sure that many many more years they would be standing on stage as B.A.P, following their dream to become artists that spread their music all around the world.

The way was still long but they had loyal fans everywhere who kept them motivated. Himchan was sure that B.A.P had a bright future to look forward to.