18.12.2015 (Cuddling At A Fireplace)

Winter Wonderland

Usually, Daehyun and Youngjae would go on holidays during the Summer time. But both of their schedules didn't allow them to take the time off, it had been a rough year. Even though they were both working for the same company and had spent more time at the office than at home, in all their time together they had never seen each other as little as this year. Youngjae felt burned out and he had gladly agreed to Daehyun's suggestion to go away over Christmas and New year.

Daehyun had planned everything and at first Youngjae was sceptical but once he had set his feet into the cottage that would be entirely theirs for the next two weeks, he felt a wave of relief washing over him. The cottage was furnished in a simple style, a small kitchen, a vintage living room, a bathroom with a bathtub and a king sized and very soft bed in their sleeping room. There wasn't even a TV but Daehyun had picked this cottage on purpose. Before they had boarded the plane, he told everyone that they would not be able to be contacted for the whole time of their holidays.

They had spent such little time in the past few months that for this two weeks, it would only be them - only Daehyun and Youngjae. After a quick call that they had arrived safely, they turned their phones off and had no plans on receiving a single phone call as long as they stayed.

That had been the best decision the two of them made, they felt like they had just started dating once again. They made love every night and sometimes again during the day, chaste pecks before one of them left the house were replaced by passionate kisses that swept them off their feet and suddenly, they giggled together about everything, just how they had done when they were freshly in love.

Daehyun offered to make breakfast so Youngjae could rest for a bit longer but he was only allowed to get out of bed after a long make-out session. When the doorknob was already in his hand, he turned around and rushed back to the bed for another 'good bye' kiss before he headed to the kitchen and then Youngjae stole another one, just because they could. Daehyun was whistling a song as he stirred the food in the pan and a pair of arms sneaked around his middle.

I missed you,” Youngjae mumbled as he nestled his cheek on Daehyun's back. Youngjae's warmth was more than welcome and Daehyun let him stay there until he finished cooking. They fed each other instead of eating by themselves, it was really the best thing that happened this year. Daehyun had noticed how they had started to drift apart, too engulfed into their work to be able to take care of one another anymore. Their relationship had needed this break, far away from their daily routine.

In the evening, they cuddled on the sofa together. The large window in the living room offered a beautiful and relaxing sight. Although it was dark outside, they could see the gentle snowflakes falling from the sky. Everything around them was white and looked like fluffy clouds, it was very cold outside but nothing of it could be felt inside of their cottage. A cosy fire was crackling in the fireplace, spreading warmth in the house that was so comforting and welcoming. But that didn't mean that either of them thought about removing their fluffy and soft blanket. It covered both of them like a shelter for their newly blooming love, making sure that they didn't only feel the warmth of the fire but also the warmth from the other.

They were drinking a hot chocolate and Youngjae had his head leaned on Daehyun's strong chest. The only sound was the fire and their synchronized breathing. Youngjae wished they could stay there forever. They hadn't spent such a quality time together in so long, he just didn't want this to end. He searched for Daehyun's hand under the blanket and interlaced their fingers. Daehyun's hands were big and warm and he gave his lover an affectionate squeeze.

That night, they fell asleep on the sofa that should have been way too small for them to be comfortable but the intimate proximity felt so good that they didn't want to miss a single second of it. Youngjae woke up in the middle of the night with his face pressed on Daehyun's fluffy sweater and Daehyun's arms around him so tightly that he could barely move. The wood had burned down completely and there was only a faint smell of the fire in the room.

In a few days they would be going home again and a part of Youngjae was worried they would just fall back into the old routines until they had drifted apart completely. An even bigger part of him though wanted to show how much he loved Daehyun every single day. They had overcome so many ups and downs in their lives that this obstacle will once be a memory they can think back to, maybe the next time they are cuddled up together under a large fluffy blanket.