16.12.2015 (Christmas Singing)

Winter Wonderland

It was difficult to say who was more nervous, Youngjae or Yongguk. Youngjae was in his first year of school and it was the day of his first Christmas singing with his choir. Yongguk had dressed his son in a cute white sweater with a little black bow tie and it took him a lot of persuasion from Himchan before Yongguk let go of the little boy. Youngjae would be singing in front of a crowd for the first time so the little boy was nervously clinging on Himchan's hand as he brought them to the other kids of the choir.

Thankfully, Youngjae's best friend Daehyun was also a part of the choir. Daehyun and Youngjae had been inseparable since they met for the first time on their first day of school and naturally, they shared everything with each other. At least once a week Himchan would find pencils or other stationery in Youngjae's school bag and in exchange for that, other things were missing. In the end, everything would be at its right place again.

Daehyun was already waiting for him and greeted him cheerfully. Himchan was very fond of Daehyun, the boy's outgoing personality seemed to be a good influence on Youngjae who was naturally shy. Himchan and Yongguk were greeted by the young boy and then it was time to take their seats. The large lamps on the ceiling were turned off and replaced by dim lights that only lit up the little stage at the front. Yongguk took Himchan's hand and squeezed it and to his surprise, Himchan noticed that he also started to get excited.

The choir walked on the stage, all of them were wearing cute Santa hats and Yongguk could see his boy right at the front. Of Course Daehyun was next to him, holding his little hand. A round of applause echoed through the hall and a teacher announced the first song. Their singing was accompanied by a piano and Yongguk could feel the tears in his eyes because their harmony was perfect and his son looked so cute. His heart swelled with pride when Youngjae sang a few lines all by himself. Next to Yongguk, Himchan was taking pictures, he was all in element trying to get the best shots of their son.

After his solo, Youngjae was much more confident and comfortable, his eyes were sparkling and he even offered Himchan a smile when their eyes met. A few songs later, the show was over and an even louder applause than before showed the choir that the audience had enjoyed the concert. Youngjae came running towards his parents and Yongguk scooped him up immediately, pressing the little boy on his heart, ruffling his hair and telling him how well he had done. They also complimented Daehyun when he walked towards them, clinging on his mother's hand affectionately.

They greeted Daehyun's mother and father and waited together for the next part of their school's Christmas festival. Youngjae and Daehyun shared a waffle and the parents had cake and coffee. Daehyun laughed when Youngjae got powdered sugar on his nose but he helped to wipe it away carefully. Himchan's heart was overflowing with love as he watched his son laughing with his best friend. He was sure that Youngjae and Daehyun would be friends forever, sharing their good and bad memories together, no matter what.