11.12.2015 (Snowball Fight)

Winter Wonderland

It all starts with a snowball that came flying through the open window, ruining all of Yongguk's notes. He grumbles, ignoring Himchan's loud laughter as he looks out of the window to find the culprit. There are 3 boys running away, their childish laughter echoing over the school yard. But all he can identify is 3 jackets in blue black and grey, there is no way he could find out who it was. Daehyun is kind enough to help him cleaning up the mess on his desk and the lesson continues.

Later during the lunch break, it's once again Daehyun who proves himself helpful when he nudges Yongguk's arm and points out to a table full of juniors. First there is nothing special about them but then, one of them throws his arm around, perfectly mimicking the action of throwing something, he's wearing a blue jacket. The two boys who laugh the loudest are dressed in black and grey and this is all Yongguk needs for his blood to boil. He gets up, his two friends following him, most likely for their own entertainment because Yongguk wasn't an aggressive person who would initiate a fight.

Yongguk stands in front of the table, his fists propped at his sides. The noises at the table die down immediately because he's glaring and three guilty faces look up at him and he thinks he can see them swallowing their fear.

It was him,” two of them shout out at the same time, pointing at the boy with the blue jacket who sits at the opposite side of the table. “Well, aren't you a nice bunch of friends?” Daehyun asks and even though Yongguk is not very pleased about the attack, he doesn't like that the two friends just grassed him up like this. “How about a little snowball fight after school?” Yongguk suggests and the juniors have no other choice than agreeing to it.

The 3 guys are Yoo Youngjae, Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong,” Himchan says later on. Himchan has a lot of connection in this school and without any of them asking he tells them that Youngjae is the best student in his whole grade, that Jongup has an outstanding talent in any kind of sport and something about Junhong that Yongguk doesn't pick up on anymore because he's already out of the door, but Daehyun laughs at it.

The juniors are already waiting outside, their backpacks standing on a little wall that isn't covered in snow. Daehyun is already cracking his knuckles, ready to attack. The rules are agreed on quickly and then, Yongguk gives the signal to start. It turns out that their opponents are strong fighters, quick on their feet with seemingly never ending stamina. Junhong is the boy in the blue jacket and at first, Yongguk attacks him ruthlessly as a payback but the younger is actually very cute and at some point the only reason why Yongguk still attacks him is to hear his cheerful laughter.

After what felt like an eternity, they end their snowball fight because there is not enough snow to gather anymore. All of them are panting and they decide on a draw - for now. Yongguk and his friends get invited for a hot chocolate as an offer of peace and an apology and they accept the offer with Daehyun being the one who cheers the loudest.

They're actually quite nice to hang out with, not only because Junhong is so adorable but with Youngjae the have found someone who can shut up Himchan's big mouth, not that the addition of another ruthless mouth would be a blessing in their circle of friends. But overall, they all are getting along surprisingly well, Himchan makes it his goal to make Jongup laugh, although it turns out that everyone is mostly laughing at Himchan as soon as Jongup opens his mouth and Daehyun scores himself tutoring lessons with Youngjae although Yongguk knows very well that his friend has other motives than studying.


 

A few weeks later, the snow has melted. Daehyun and Youngjae are sitting at Daehyun's desk in their classroom, both of their heads bent over a book. Youngjae mumbles something and Daehyun giggles and Yongguk is sure that they are not studying. Himchan is making an impression of Yongguk's face when Junhong's snowball fell on his notes, he does this at least once a week but Junhong is laughing and Yongguk is kind of into it so he doesn't mind. Jongup crumbles up a piece of paper and throws it at Youngjae's head who flinches and bumps Daehyun's forehead accidentally. Daehyun blushes but then both of them are giggling again, Yongguk rolls his eyes looking at them.

He would probably say something but his mind has already drifted off to what was waiting for him in the evening. Junhong asked him to come over for a movie marathon and of course he could not say no to that. What Himchan and Jongup are up to, Yongguk doesn't want to know, some things are better to stay in the dark.