Final.

My Insomniac

His head spun as he hobbled to the porcelain white tub. The pressuring weight on his shoulders held him down as he slipped inside. His knees pressed against his chest as he stared forward. Tired eyes blinked slowly as his body ached for sleep. His head carefully fell back onto the tub's rim as he looked up at the paneled ceiling. The seconds pass so slowly, he thought to himself.

His mind swirled with unflinching thoughts as it grew weaker with the longer he went without sleep. He felt sickness crawl throughout his body. His eyes blurred together from staring at a single spot for so long. He picked his head up and forced himself up.

The mirror in front of him as he stepped closer. As he examined his tanned face, his dark eye bags stuck out ruthlessly. He sighed heavily before tearing his eyes away from the sight. His feet dragged him out of the golden white bathroom and into his maroon and gold bedroom. The onyx clock displayed one in the morning on it. With a heavy chest, he left the room.

He walked past to the front door of his small apartment and grabbed his long black coat. His arms slipped inside of it as it wrapped snuggly around his thin figure. He grabbed his wallet and house keys before heading out. The cold December air brushed his skin as he stepped down the metal stairs carefully and onto the empty street. He breathed and watched it rise as he walked along the sidewalk. His slim fingers threaded through his brunette hair. His eyes looked up at the pitch black sky.

The city he resided in caused the stars to hide away in fear. He always saw them as shy of all the lights rather than the true unsettling reason; light pollution. The seconds and minutes danced along as he walked on. Eight minutes or so had finally passed as he finally reached his destination; a convenient store. He treaded in and looked to the cashier who was checking out an old homeless man. Their eyes caught each other, and the cashier smiled softly at him.

He didn't have the strength to smile back and instead went to get what he wanted: a soda, a cup of ramen, and a chocolate bar. He took his three items over to the now unoccupied male and laid them on the counter.

"Hey, Jongin. Couldn't sleep?" The boy asked as he scanned the items.

Jongin shook his head, "I was trying, but you know."

The boy nodded as he rang his total. "Insomnia is a . It's eight thousand won."

Jongin nodded back as he handed him the cash. "It is. I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow too."

The male's face falls as he hands him his bag, "Is it about your work ethic again?"

He sighed and took his bag. "Kyungsoo please don't." He walked over to the window seats and sat down.

The said male frowned and walked over to him seeing no customers were there. "I told you to start trying more. You're going to get fired, Jongin."

The older sighed as he took his ramen cup. "I'll be back."

Jongin watched him disappear behind the employees only area. He always volunteered to cook his ramen whenever he ate there. Jongin was a regular night customer. Kyungsoo only worked night shifts. The two had grown closer due to Jongin's frequent stops at the store, and the younger would admit it; he was harboring feelings for the cashier.

However, they had never exchanged numbers or bothered to make plans together. They never knew when they'd see each other next. They just did. And Jongin's insomnia was to blame for it. Kyungsoo came back within a minute or two with the steaming cup and packaged chopsticks. He set it in front of Jongin, who took a swig of his soda, and sat down next to him. The younger wasted no time in opening his chopsticks and stirring his ramen.

"Thank you." He muttered before looking over to the boy who watched his fingers unconsciously with his head resting on his arm. Jongin took a moment to study his features: his seamless skin, his button-like nose, his plump pink lips, his soft eyebrows, and his shiny black hair. Their eyes suddenly locked as Kyungsoo looked up at him. Jongin, however, did not pull away. He was tempted to confess really, but did not.

"You seem tired too." He spoke before turning to his food to take in a mouthful.

Kyungsoo chuckled slightly. "I guess I am. I have to stay up though, so I don't mind it much."

Jongin nodded before turning back towards him. "So. Have you written anything lately?"

Kyungsoo was an aspiring writer;Jongin had learned. The boy's cheeks suddenly reddened. He was embarrassed when it came to his own works.

He nodded, "I didn't bring it this time though. I forgot."

The younger frowned at that, "Next time then."

Kyungsoo nodded with a gentle hidden smile on his lips. Jongin once again almost confessed how much he adored his heart-shaped smile. He turned back to his food and went back to eating however. A customer walked in at that point making Kyungsoo head back to the counter. After taking care of them, he did not return.

When Jongin looked up finally, concerned, he caught the boy staring at him. Kyungsoo's only reaction was a laugh. Jongin couldn't help, but return it with one as well. He saw Kyungsoo's lips move, but couldn't hear his words. 

"Hm?" He questioned.

The boy shook his head before walking back over to him. He sat down as Jongin opened his candy bar. He broke a square and handed it to Kyungsoo who thanked him with a smile. The sight made Jongin's heart flutter in his chest. They sat in a comfortable silence as they stared out the window. Jongin watched Kyungsoo's reflection rather than the true outside.

When they both were caught doing the same, Kyungsoo smiled again and laughed. Jongin couldn't help, but do the same. After finishing the chocolate, drinking more of his drink, and a couple stray customers, the two were sitting silently. Jongin's head drooped slightly as tiredness crept up on him. His mind wandered with thoughts however. The scent Kyungsoo was emitting. The warm presence he felt when sitting with him. The need to never want to leave. It was all present in his sleepy mind.

He looked over to the boy who was typing quietly on his phone. He blinked slowly as he felt his body fall towards him. His head falling onto Kyungsoo's narrow shoulder. He could feel the boy's body tense, but calm quickly. "I'm so tired." He whispered as his eyes closed. No response was given to him as Kyungsoo typed away. After minutes, Jongin peeked an eye open at his screen.

The time at the top was almost two thirty in the morning. His eyes trailed down to see his notes opened. He couldn't stop his thriving curiosity and read what was there. 

He was beautiful. His heart pure and sweet. His skin blemish-free and tan. How could one not love such a magnificent creature? 

Jongin's heart rate dramatically increased at the words. Kyungsoo didn't usually write about love. Definitely not when he was around others. The intense urge to kiss him grew stronger as he watched him write more and fumble and erase over his words. Soon however, Jongin did slip into a decent sleep. When he woke, his head was on the counter, and his trash had been thrown away.

He sat up quickly with a small gasp. He was shocked and disoriented. It always happened after he slept somewhere besides his home. He looked over to the counter and saw Kyungsoo staring at him from behind it.

"Hey, sleepy head." His voice was soft as the younger ambled towards him.

"Hi." His voice was croaky, "How long was I asleep?"

Kyungsoo looked at the clock. "It's three twenty-five so about 40 minutes I think."

Jongin hesitated before nodding. "I'm sorry for falling asleep on you."

Kyungsoo shook his head, "No need to apologize. You should head home though incase you fall back asleep and don't wake up quickly."

Jongin's heart hurt at the thought. He didn't want to leave him, but he nodded. Kyungsoo knew best.

"Alright. I'll see you later."

He however hesitated greatly before finally moving his feet out the door. As he walked home, his tiredness consumed him. He rubbed the bags of his eyes before quickly glancing at his hands. He stopped in his tracks as he saw the back of his right palm.

In neat handwriting it wrote, "Dear my insomniac, we have to stop meeting like this."

His heart wobbled as he turned his cold hand over to show a phone number written on his palm. He smiled to himself as his heart flipped. He wasted no time in pulling out his phone to text him, but he paused. What should he say?

He thought about it for a moment before finally typing out and sending, "Dear my three am, I can't help myself from wanting both." He smiled softly to himself as he continued home.

Kyungsoo response quickly. "Tomorrow after work. Do you want to eat dinner with me?"

Jongin's grin grew wide as he entered his apartment.

"Yes, I would love to."

He headed into his room and removed his warming clothes before getting another message.

"I want to show you my latest work. You've been my love interest lately."

Jongin's heart boiled at the words.

"Then I'd love to read it."

He grinned before removing his clothes to fit into pajamas.

"Good night. I'll see you then."

"Good night, my three am." Jongin responded looking at the clock, seeing three fifty hit.

He laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling full of happiness budding deeply inside him.

What a wonderful feeling, he thought to himself.

 


Hello~

Sorry if there are any errors.

I haven't read over it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this!

It's just something I wrote in the wee hours of the morning while I couldn't sleep.

Anyway, thanks for reading <3