A crush

Love and Piano Lessons

Jongin was embarrassed.

 

Around him sat children from the age six to ten, all of them there to play an instrument. He was waiting for his weekly piano lessons, as he tried to hide his “my first piano sheets” book, which was in the brightest red colour ever, really it caught too much attention for his liking. The piano sheets book was dedicated to kids, not a 18 year old college student, who was a dance major, and just needed some more rhythm in his life.

 

First time he went to his lesson, one kid had asked his mother why such an old man (Jongin had scoffed at the name) was at the kids music department, which Jongin flushed at and hurried to sit down and bury his face in his phone.

 

Slowly the kids started to greet him every time he arrived, and they started talking to him, which Jongin was even more embarrassed about, since his piano teacher would find him playing with the children, when it was time for his lesson.

 

Even after three full months of attending his piano lessons and sitting in the waiting room surrounded by kids, he wasn't getting any better at playing. He was ready to give up, if it wasn't for his piano teacher, Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo was a very gentle and kind man in his twenties (21 to be exact, yes Jongin had asked). He was just so good at pep talking Jongin each time he made a mistake, not to mention Kyungsoo being handsome from top to toe. And every time Jongin played the wrong tone, Kyungsoo would smile kindly at Jongins mobbing face.

Yes, Jongin was already crushing on his hot piano teacher so it wasn't an opportunity to just stop and give up.

 

It wasn't like Kyungsoo treated Jongin like his younger students, even though Jongins personality reminded him of them sometimes, but he treated him like they just were two friends having a good time, and Jongin really appreciated that.

 

Jongin was having a nice chat about Adventure Time with one of the kids named Mingyu, when Kyungsoo was done with the student before him and it was Jongins turn.

 

“Come in Jongin,” Kyungsoo chirped happily like always

 

“Hey hyung,” Jongin said as he gathered his belongings and bid Mingyu farewell. He stepped inside Kyungsoos soundproof music room, and Kyungsoo closed the door.

 

“Have you been practicing well the past week?” Kyungsoo asked with a hint of joking mocking tone.

 

“Yes!” Jongin smiled and sat down at the piano bench and laid out his sheet book in front of him.

 

“What will you be playing for me today?”

 

“This and this,” Jongin pointed at two melodies in his book. Kyungsoo nodded and stood behind Jongin, “go.”

 

Jongin started out with the first melody which was called “to Paris.” He was confident on this one, and he knew he could play it without troubles.

 

“Great! Jongin I can see and hear you're improving,” Kyungsoo said cheerfully, and Jongin just managed to turn around to watch the beautiful smile that rose on Kyungsoos lips.

 

“Thanks,” Jongin said flushed, embarrassed about how fast Kyungsoo could make him blush just from a compliment.

 

“Next please Jongin-ah,” Kyunsgoo said, and he started playing. On this melody, Jongin wasn't so confident, and he was waiting for the part in the melody where he would mess up as always. And guess what? He did.

 

Jongin groaned irritated and tried again, and one more time, not making it right both times.

 

“Don't go too hard on yourself, look,” Kyungsoo said seriously as he placed his hands on the piano, with Jongin sitting between Kyungsoo and the piano, and an arm on each side of Jongin. Jongin could feel Kyungsoos chest against his back. They had never been this close, and it was doing weird things to Jongins heart.

 

“It goes like this,” Kyungsoo said with a lower voice than usually since his head was right beside Jongins ear.

 

Kyungsoo played the part Jongin kept messing up on, but he didn't catch any of it since he was freaking out inside his mind. Kyungsoo felt so nice up close and smelled so good, kind of a raspberry smell and a hint of some manly cologne.

 

“Your turn.” Huh? Oh. Jongin tried again but wasn't focused because of Kyungsoos intense stare on his hands. Kyungsoo went back to the position as before, and took Jongins hands in his, “it goes G A B and then an E,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Aha,” Jongin said still not really awake.

 

“Try again,” said Kyungsoo but didn't show and signs of moving away from Jongin back. So Jongin failed again, and he was starting giving the piano teacher the fault.

 

“Jongin focus please.”

 

“I can't focus, when you're literally standing right behind me,” Jongin said frustrated as he turned his head to where Kyungsoo had his, and stared right into his big brown eyes. If he thought he was close before, this position had to be described with another word, because he was closer than close to Kyunsgoo now.

 

“Oh, you don't like it?” Kyungsoo asked with a hint of sadness in his voice, and quickly stood straight up, “I'm sorry, I must have mistaken something.”

 

Jongin already missed the closeness of his hyung, and just wanted him back already.

 

“Why are you saying sorry?” Jongin asked confused.

 

“Because I was trying to flirt with you, because I like you and I thought you at least had a small crush on me, but I guess not, and this is kind of awkward for me… I'll just sit in my chair for the rest of the lesson,” Kyungsoo rambled and Jongin had a hard time following and take in what the elder said. He got lost after hearing the “I like you”, coming from Kyungsoos pretty lips.

 

“What do you mean you like me? And what makes you think that I don't like you?” Jongin asked still lost.

 

“I am confessing to you! I don't mean the I like you as friends, I mean I like you as “hey do you want to date me,” kind of I like you. Shoot! What if you have a boyfriend… Of course you do, look at you! You're literally everyone's ideal man, even the moms in the waiting room swoons every time you come in, which they shouldn't since they are married but-”

 

“Yes,” Jongin said. He was coming to his senses, and finally turned his body fully around and faced Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath after talking non stop, and said utterly confused “yes to what?”

 

“Yes to I want to date you.”

 

“Wait what?...”

 

“I'm free on Wednesdays and Sundays. What about you?” Jongin asked blushing like a tomato, after realizing that Kyungsoo was just as awkward, as he tended to be sometimes.

 

“We're really doing this? You don't have a boyfriend or anything?”

 

“Yes, I must say that I do have a crush on you (God didn't give Jongin any mercy as he became 10 times redder than before), and no I don't have a boyfriend or ‘anything’.” Kyunsoos eyes were gigantic but he still looked incredible adorable.

 

“Did I save the world in my past life or something?” Kyungsoo asked himself lost, his mind still not accepting that his feelings were mutual.

 

“Wow, um okay, let's say 8:00 pm at the Italian restaurant beside the campus now on Wednesday?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin and himself.

 

“Yeah, that sounds good,” Jongin nodded slowly smiling to himself.

 

“Look at the time! Your lesson is already over! For the next time, just practice the last melody again,” Kyunsgoo said in a hurry.

 

“Okay, I'll do that. See you on Wednesday?” Jongin asked just to be sure as he gathered his things.

 

“See you,” Kyungsoo said with a smile that wouldn't disappear for a long time. Jongin hurried to Kyungsoos side and kissed his cheek, and then made a run for the door as he mumbled, “who wouldn't like him, and who is he to make my heart beat this fast?” And out of the room he was. Kyungsoo fell down in his chair with a dreamy sigh, as he heard one of the kids yell, “Jongin hyung your face is really red! Are you okay?” And a fastly (and squeaky) reply followed from Jongin, “I'm fine!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

So here's the story, I hoped you liked it, because I'm not that good at writing, but I just wanted to share this imagine with you <3

Please comment your thougths so I can improve ^^

Thank you!