RUN

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words: 7 296

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Jeenah walked into her home, puffing out a relief sigh as the warm hit her body. It was another over-time duty at her office and she swore her body was really worn out because of the works that were killing her day by day. Slumping over the couch, she closed her eyes and slid her arm over her forehead. She badly needed some rest, and that was when she quickly dozed off into her deep sleep.

 

~❅❅❅❅❅❅❅~

 

Everything around her was pitch-black and dark. She was a fearless person but there was a hint of frightened suddenly hit her when she could barely see anything around her. She tried to hold out her hands, at least to grip on something but there was nothing in front of her either. Frustrating, she deeply sighed. Suddenly, she gasped because something just lightened up in front of her.

It was a small ball of light, floating exactly in front of her. Jeenah tried to catch it but she seemed to fail. It kept floating and floating, circling around her. She was trying to understand the movement of that ball, as if it wanted her to follow it. So, she did. It floated to the front, getting deeper into the darkness. She was hesitated at first but when the source of the light was starting to disappear, she didn't think twice and follow behind it.

That was when suddenly, the ball stopped moving. Jeenah poked her head a little and looked in front of the ball. There was a person, standing with their back facing her and only then she noticed, she was on her apartment's rooftop. That person was looking down, their feet were barely stepping on the cliff and that was when she knew that the person was trying to commit suicide.

"Hey! Wait!" She shouted before he could even move his leg. He went silent at her voice, Jeenah saw that his hands were starting to tremble. "Hey, you know you can tell me what's happened. You don't need to-" "You don't understand." She had her eyes widened because she knew that voice very well.

"Ho-Hoseok..?" He turned around and she could see his tears were drowning all over his face. "You don't understand it, Jeenah." He cried and sobbed hard. Without she noticed, she already felt her tears trailing down her face too. She didn't want to witness this. What was her boyfriend doing?

"Hoseok, you can come down. We can talk. We can solve this together-" "There's no more together!" He snapped, his eyes were wide and red. She choked on a tear at his sight. This was not her playful boyfriend. Where did he go? She tried to swallow her sobs but she terribly failed on it.

"You've gone. You've left me. You left me alone. There are no more us, no more together. No more..” He slowly trailed as he took a step backward. His eyes never left hers, not before he suddenly jumped while slowly shouted at her, "I love you, Jeenah. Wait for me at heaven."

"No, Hoseok. NOOOOO!!"

 

~❅❅❅❅❅❅❅~

 

Beads of sweat dripped down her forehead and her neck. That was it. She had the same nightmare again. The love of her life died. Hoseok committed suicide while saying weird stuffs. That was the third time she had the same dream, nightmare and it was worrying her. She wiped away the sweats all over her face. Hell, she didn't even know whether it was sweat or her own tears. Damn it.

She turned her head towards the clock on the wall and it showed 4.13 in the morning. Hoseok should be home by now because she needed him, and she didn't care about her sleep anymore. She wanted him to confirm herself that the previous event didn't happen for real. Jeenah was about to grab her phone, making a phone call on him when suddenly, the front door clicked and she heard his breath.

He was here now. Hoseok was still alive.

Jeenah quickly went to him, practically jumping over the couch and lumped over him. Despite that he was tired because he just finished practising, but he paid no mind when it was his own girlfriend. She hugged him tight and it was weird to him. Hoseok laughed as he let go of his bag on the floor, hugging her back while kissing the crown of her head.

"Patience, lady. I'm home now." He snickered as he her back. "Why are you still awake? Don't you have works tomorrow-" Out of the sudden, she sobbed in his neck and he was panicked. He drew away from her to look at her face and it was a big mess. Her lips were shaking, her cheeks were burning in dark shade of pink and her eyes were producing tears non stop. Being the perfect boyfriend, Hoseok quickly hugged her again. While hushing her, he slowly walked her into the living room.

They sat on the couch as he still hugged her, telling her that everything was okay. He was finally there with her and there was nothing for her to be afraid of. He knew that there must be something bad had happened to her that she was this scared. "Were you sleeping just now? Did you have a nightmare?" Jeenah barely nodded and tried to reply him when she choked and then she cried again. The nightmare was too frightening and she clung harder on him.

Hoseok sighed as he pulled her closer to him, letting her to stain his shirt with her tears. He immediately knew that it was the same nightmare. She had been telling him that she dreamed the same thing over and over. He told her only one thing, nightmare was only a gameplay in a sleep so she shouldn't be worried about it so much. As he her back, she finally calmed down but still clinging on him.

"Do you need water?" He silently asked and she sniffed before she replied with a nod. He tried to let her go as he stood but Jeenah quickly pulled his arm again, not wanting him to go. Looking down at her, Hoseok had his smile plastered on his face. He grabbed her hand as he brought it close to his hand, planting a soft kiss on the back of her hand. While looking deep into her eyes, he slowly told her, "I'm not leaving you, Jeenah. I won't." She felt a tear slipped at the end of her eye. She then quickly wiped it away and stood as well, her fingers intertwined around Hoseok's fingers.

Laughing at her action, he , "Are you really that afraid? Hey, I'm right here right now!" He poked her cheek and she had a frown formed on her lips. Hoseok placed a peck on her frown because he could never stand her sulking at him. What a sensitive girlfriend he had but he still felt that he was the luckiest guy ever in the world to have Jeenah as his girlfriend. Eventually, they walked together to the kitchen.

"Did you take your medicine before you went to sleep just now?" He could still hear the visible sniffles by her but she tried her best to cover it. "No.." She slowly replied. Hoseok let out a sigh as he poured water in to a glass and took her medicine that she placed on the counter, pacing back to her with the glass and a pill in his hand. "That was why you had the nightmare, Jeenah." He sternly told her and at his words, she seemingly to become small in front of him.

"But I don't get it. Why would I take these pills when I don't even feel sick at all, Hoseok?" She looked at him. He smiled before he her hair, "Because the doctor asked you to, remember?" She frowned again but nevertheless, she took the pill and the glass from his hands. She plopped the little white round thing into and drank the water until the glass was empty. "But I still don't get it." She told him and he laughed at her. "Did the medicine help you with your nightmare?" Jeenah was silence at first but a few seconds later, she replied with a nod. Hoseok smiled at her, "That is why, Jeenah."

She pouted again but she didn't say anything else. He smiled, taking the glass from her hand and walked to the sink to wash it. When he expected that she would stop asking, he was wrong. Because after a minute of the silent, she asked again. "But the doctors don't even know what's going on with me. It's like I'm having a cureless-symptomless-but-exists illness. It's bothering me, you know, Hoseok?" He finished washing the glass and placed it back at its place.

Hoseok walked to her and grabbed her shoulders, slightly shaking her body before he looked directly into her eyes. "Honey, are you even hearing yourself?" Jeenah had her eyebrows curved at his question as he continued, "Jeenah baby, the meds are not because you're sick or what. It's just to help you with your sleep. You're having those nightmares, right?" She nodded and he couldn't resist flicking on her forehead. She groaned in pain at the action as she the affected area, she looked eye-side at him. "That's it. Only that. Don't ask anything anymore or I'm not going to sleep with you."

She chuckled at his words before slowly snaking her arms around his neck. "Honey, are you even hearing yourself?" She repeated his words as she pulled him closer to her, bumping her nose to his and stared boringly into his eyes. She saw he silently gulped at the way she gazed at him and how her voice sounded low as she talked, she tried her best to bite down her smile, “How can you ever not sleep with me? I'm your every night pillow, am I not?" He clicked his tongue before running it over his lower lips. "Yeah, how can I forget that?" Hoseok had a smirk on his mouth as he quickly placed one arm behind Jeenah's knees, the other one holding her back and carried her bridal-style. She yelped when he did that but lucky enough she had her arms around his shoulders for support.

He laughed, walking to their bedroom with her still in his arms before slowly putting her down on the bed. She giggled under him as he planted a soft but strong kiss on her forehead before he landed on her side. She wrapped her arms around his torso, snuggling closed to him until she could smell his manly faint scent while his arm was on her back, playing with her hair. Jeenah slowly mumbled the three magic words and Hoseok smiled as he replied her back.

It was only awhile when he suddenly heard her soft breaths and he knew that she was already fast asleep. He looked at her and had his wide smile on, admiring how beautiful she was when all she ever did was only closing her eyes, breathing soundly and curling her hand on his chest. Goddamn, she was too precious for him. Carefully placing another kiss on her temple, he soon joined her to sleep with a wide smile and his hand wrapped around hers.

 

~❅❅❅❅❅❅❅~

 

She crunched her nose when she entered the building. Hospital. She really hated hospitals because of the unfriendly nurses, some noisy patients and those pointy needles. She never mind about the doctors because most of them had to have the facial perfection, to attract the patients, of course. She rarely got sick because she never liked the weird smell of medicines and the bitter taste of those damn pills. Yuck. That was why she always avoided everything that could make her go sick or even step her feet into a hospital. But in this case, it was different.

Jeenah was literally being dragged by her beloved boyfriend, Hoseok to the damn hospital because of her sleeping problem. "Do we really need to come here, Hoseok?" He looked at her and gave her an eye. "Yes, Jeenah." She internally whined at him, he sighed before he pulled her close to him, staring into her eyes. "Why are you so afraid, Jeenah? I'm here with you." She looked away as she sighed, "It's just.. I just hate to be here, okay? I don't like this place. It just reminds me that I have lost something valuable here and I feel so incomplete."

Hoseok sighed before he pulled Jeenah's head in his hand and placed a small kiss at the side of her head. "Don't think like that. You're with me and I'll make sure nothing bad can happen to you." He looked straight into her eyes and moved closer to her before closing the gap between them as he kissed her lips, sighing into the kiss when he felt she replied it. Their lips moved in sync and he could barely pull away. It was incredible that whenever they shared a kiss, it always felt like they were kissing for the first time.

She hugged his arm tightly and leaned on his shoulder as they waited for her name to be called. Hoseok played with her fingers, inspecting every each of her fingers before he stopped at her ring finger, looking up at her. "Would you still keep this finger empty?" Jeenah looked at him before she looked over her finger. "Why would I?" He simply smiled, placing a kiss on it. "Because I'll place a nice ring on it and that time I can proudly call you my wife.” A wide smile spread across his face that his little dimples showed. She couldn't resist smiling back at him and shifted closer to him before placing another light kiss on his lips.

"I love you, Hoseok. I really do." They both smiled at each other, Hoseok leaning close to her as he glued his forehead onto hers. "I love you too."

"Kim Jeenah?" A nurse called her name. Looking up, she nodded as she stood from her seat with Hoseok. They both walked into the room, still holding hands. When they reached into the room, Jeenah hardly let go of him before she had to sit in front of the doctor, Hoseok standing behind her.

The doctor, Jin put up his head from the file in his hands and wore a wide smile. Apparently, Jin was a close friend of Hoseok and also closed with Jeenah. "Hey, you guys." He greeted them first, moving in his chair to get closer to Jeenah. She smiled back and Hoseok greeted him too. "So what's the matter here?" Jin looked over Hoseok before he looked at Jeenah. "She's been having the same nightmares. Again."

Jin formed an "O" on his mouth before he sighed. "Did you take your medicines, Jeenah?" He asked. She frowned at the question, nodding as she replied, "I did. But I still don't understand why would I take those pills? I know it helps me with my sleep but for how long, Jin?" She breathily asked. Hoseok placed his hands on both sides of her shoulders, silently calming her down. Jin was silent at first, but after a few seconds he replied, "Just take the pills every night before you sleep, okay?" He could only say that. "I'll give you another bottle, in case you've finished the previous one."

Before Jeenah could go rage, Hoseok kept her in her place. He knew that she hated so much to be treated like a little kid. She never wanted to be clueless. Jeenah was the type that she would have the answers to every question that appeared on her head and she wouldn’t dare to stop searching for it half-way. That was Jeenah. Hoseok knew her so much that he eyed Jin and silently pleaded him to just tell her what she wanted to hear. But Jin acted like he didn't see the eye contact and Hoseok internally shouted at him. "Thank you, Jin." He silently said before they both walked out from the room.

Noticing that Jeenah was still mad, he wrapped his arms around her thin waist and pressed a soft kiss on her neck. She didn't stir yet she didn't push his arms so he stayed behind her like that. "Why don't you go and cool yourself down? I'll take your medicines." She deeply sighed, sinking into his hold as she replied, "That sounds great. Thank you, Hoseok." They broke the small hug and Jeenah turned around, pressing a light kiss on his lips before they parted away. When Jeenah was out of his sight, he huffed a sigh and made his way back into the room.

"Jin."

"Oh, you're still here? Where's Jeenah?"

Hoseok didn't smile and even click his tongue while staring boringly at his friend. Jin noticed the tensed air that was starting to hang around them before he broke the eye contact and sighed. "Okay, come and sit down and let's just talk." He invited and Hoseok half-heartedly went in front of him.

"Why did you do that?" He silently asked. It was weird for him to see Jin suddenly flinched when he asked like that. "Do what?" Jin innocently asked and that earned him a laugh from Hoseok. "Don't do that, Jin. Don't pull that innocent act on me." Jin sighed while Hoseok still laughed at him. "Why did you treat her like she isn't a human? Ordering her to take those damn pills while not telling her why does she have to eat them?"

Hoseok stared deeply into Jin's eyes. With another loud sigh, he closed his eyes before he said, "It's for her own good, though." Hoseok was now pis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter