"You should go."

Between The Two of Us

Finally got chapter one posted! It’s slow but I hope it’s alright. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! They really motivate me to write! ^___^

---

[2006 – Four Years Ago]

It was Friday evening, 007 and Tian Mo Xing held hand in hand, with their fingers interlocked as they strolled along Taipei Bridge.

“Go. You should go,” she declared. Li Xiao Xing put on her best face on for her boyfriend. After pondering over the situation for over a week, she knew if was best for 007 to continue his education abroad as well as receiving the best treatment for his Meniere’s syndrome.

Zhan Shi De’s father, Zhan Yan Fu or more famously known as Dr. James, had been pushing for his son to follow him to America. He wanted Shi De to continue his education in New York as well as further treat his condition, like any father who wanted the best for their children. He had been informed about a major project in place that may be the next research breakthrough in Meniere’s disease and decided it would be best for his son to travel to New York with him.

However 007 was hesitant and didn’t want to leave. He didn’t want to leave Sheng Ying University. He didn’t want to leave Pi Li MIT. He didn’t want to leave the one place where he fitted in so perfectly, the one place he made real friends. And he especially didn’t want to leave his Tian Mo Xing.

“It’s for the best!” 007 was snap back to reality as he listened to Tian Mo Xing convincing him to move to America. “You have top doctors in America! And it’s so medically advance, it will be good for you. I mean if it wasn’t, you’re father wouldn’t tell you to go. And your so smart, so you definitely need a higher education.” She felt her heartbreak as those words came out of . She didn’t want him to leave. He should stay with her. How could there be a Tian Mo Xing without 007? Maybe she was trying to convince herself as well. Because Tian Mo Xing knew that if 007 left, she would be heartbroken but what can she do? It was only for the best…

He pulled her into his warm embrace, his arms wrapped securely around her waist. “You’re really okay with it?” he looked at her with doubt and disappointment.

She mumbled in approval and pulled away to nodded her head distinctly. ‘I can handle it,’ she thought.

“Do you know when you are leaving?”

“The flight’s scheduled for Tuesday morning…”

“So quick?” Tian Mo Xing’s face began to sulk; she only had four whole days with him left.

“From now till then, I’m all yours.” He smiled faintly as he caressed her cheeks. Her lips curved up slowly for she could never resist his million dollar smile.

She knew she had to think positive, she had to spend the four days wisely with him, get the best out of it. “Okay then, we should go out and do something really amazing!” she exclaimed brightly with a gleam in her eye.

“So then shall we start now?” he grinned at her ebullience, that was one of the things he loved about her.

“No way! I want a date that last a whole day! Right now it’s already seven o’clock. I only have you for another four hours before I need to go home. And plus and still need to think about what kind of amazing thing we should do. I get to decided what we do right?” Tian Mo Xing had a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“What are you thinking about?” He looked at her skeptically. He could sense that whatever “amazing” is, it won’t be all that amazing for him.

“Not telling! You’ll find out tomorrow! Let’s go home! I’ll make dinner for you!” She linked arms with her boyfriend and headed towards their next destination.

-

“Food’s ready” Tian Mo Xing announced proudly as she began to lay out the dishes.

007 smiled as he picked up a sample of salmon with his chopsticks. He scrunched his face a bit and began to critically review her dishes. “Hmmmmm…it seems like you added too much oyster sauce on the salmon, it’s too salty. Don’t it eat. Let me finish it for you.”

“No way! I followed it straight out of Ah Mu’s recipe! It should be perfect!” Tian Mo Xing exclaimed. He gave a sly chuckle. She began to look at him suspiciously, “Hmmm….let me try!” She tasted the salmon slowly, chewing it thoroughly so she could really taste it. She gave him a light push on the shoulder. “Hey…you lied to me!”

He laugh out loud seeing how cute she was when she was angry. She should know that she had wonderful cooking skills. She should never doubt herself. 007 loved all the dishes Tian Mo Xing cooked for him. For all those dishes gave him the feeling of home.

“Hmph! I don’t want to talk to you! I’m going to get some water,” she said jokingly as she walk into the kitchen to get some water.

A text was sent to her phone. She read it as she drank her cup of water.

And suddenly the sound of glass breaking could be heard from the kitchen.

007 dashed in to see what had happen. “What happened? Are you okay?”

“It’s nothing! Clumsy old me, accidentally knocked down the cup,” she lied. Tian Mo Xing quickly hid her phone and went down to clean up the broken glasses.

He bent down to help her. “You silly girl, becareful next time…”

“I will!” she said but her mind was on the text that was sent to her…

-

If only at that time he paid a little bit more attention, then maybe, just maybe…things wouldn’t turn out the way it is…

---

I also made a fanfic trailer/mv for this story, check it out and leave comments here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnmY9xj_UW0

No one left any comments/ratings yet so I feel quite depressed -____-“

Anyways I hope you enjoy the read! Comments always encourage me to write <3333

Sherry

03/22/10