Yellow Rose with Red Tipped Petals

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I think I like you?

"You're literally so dumb Tae. Oh my god, how are we even friends?" Laughter floats around the flower shop, tears gathering in dark brown eyes. 

"Shut up Yoongi! I swear to god I didn't know that they would attract that many bees!" His own airy laughter joins the party, it swirls around the small shop, bouncing off the walls. 

"You, my friend, are ridiculous," Yoongi leans over the counter to playfully ruffle Taehyung's hair, to which the younger swats the others hand away.

"Stop it Yoongi! I'm not a kid anymore," this, of course, is followed by a pout. Yoongi can only smile wider, making his cheeks ache and his eyes crinkle in delight.

"Oh my silly little Tae, you'll always be a kid to me," the pale hand that was just swatted away has yet to learn its lesson as it goes back to pinch at the boy's tan cheeks. Yoongi finds an odd sense of satisfaction in the way they begin to turn a soft pink under his touch. 

He pushes that thought back into the far, dark parts of his mind.

"Yoongi!" Taehyung cries out in misery, only deepened when Yoongi simply snorts in amusement. 

"Oh, it's Yoongi now?" He inquires with a raised brow, smirk tugging at the corners of his lips, "What happened to you calling me GiGi?"

"I was like, 5, Yoongi," Taehyung drawls his name out, nice and slow. 

Yoongi's smirk deepens as he tilts his head, "Oh yes, I remember," He tilts his chin up, "I remember many things, being older has its advantages, kid. I remember being 7 when your parents finally brought you home, you looked like a weird, pink, squirmy sausage wrapped in a blue blanket," his nose scrunched at the memory, "Not a very cute baby."

"Hey!" Comes the indignant shout seconds later, "I was an adorable  baby," he turns his back with the pretense to check his flowers and mumbles a quiet rude under his breath.

Yoongi gives a soft smile at this before he reluctantly checks the clock above the florist, he curses as he realizes how late he is already running, ", sorry Tae, I have to run. I'm meeting that new client, the one-"

Taehyung cuts Yoongi off, eyes wide and sparkling as he spins on the balls of his feet, "The one that wants to add a new roller coaster to his amusement park?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "Yes, that one, now so I really must be going Tae." He turns to leave but Taehyung leans over the counter to grab a hold of Yoongi's black leather jacket, tugs hard enough to make the older stumble backwards. 

"You have to promise to take me once it's done," Taehyung is all but buzzing with the knowledge of the new future ride. "I've been on all the rides so far, so it will be refreshing to go on a new one!" Yoongi can't help the small smile that graces his lips. 

"It's going to take me a month to design it, and then, at least, another 10 months before it's built. After that it's going to be another month until the safety of the ride has been tested enough for it to open," his eyes wonder back to the clock, narrowing as they see the time, "Tae I really need to go now."

Taehyung doesn't let go, if anything  his grip gets tighter, "You have to promise me before you go," and Yoongi feels anger bubble to the surface, he's going to be late because Taehyung is an actual child. He goes to curse at the younger but before he can say any unpleasant phrases to the younger the boy looks at him pleadingly, "GiGi promise me."

His anger melts away, and fondness swirls inside him. He turns to fully face Taehyung, and he tilts his head, his hand finds Taehyung's on his jacket sleeve. He lets his pale, calloused fingers curl around Taehyung's tan, soft fingers. His voice is as gentle as the pleading look in Taehyung's eyes when he answers, "Tae, I promise that when it's done and safe to ride, I'll take you." He flicks his nose, playfully. "Happy you brat?"

Taehyung is smiling widely, his mouth formed into a brilliant rectangle, "Yes! Now I am," his smile morphs into a sly grin, "I knew if I pulled the nickname card you wouldn't get mad at me."

Yoongi rolls his eyes in mock annoyance, but the fond smile on his face is severely out of place. Yoongi pats the hand underneath his before his hand retreats back to its home within Yoongi's pocket. It's stopped on it's way as a warm, pinky warms its way next to his own colder one, wraps it into a snug hug. Yoongi looks up at Taehyung's face, his smile is so wide that it makes his eyes crinkle and he laughs as he meets Yoongi's eyes. "Pinky promise?"

Yoongi lets his own pinky return the hug as his pink gums peek out from behind his chapped lips, "I pinky promise, he yanks Taehyung hand towards him, jarring the boy slightly as his upper body hits the counter. "Now can I go, I'm already so late because of your stupid antics."

Taehyung tilts his head, poking his pink tongue out, pretending to be deep in thought all Yoongi can do is sigh, broad shoulders deflating. He's accepted the fact that he is going to be at least 20 minutes later now. 

He's lucky he's one of the more well known and wanted architects. His bank statements should say wonders of how popular he is. He smirks, he's always the first choice, never the second option and he's confident in saying this, so a few minutes late won't drastically ruin his reputation.

Taehyung pulls him out of his own musings when he lets go of his pinky, the warmth dispersing almost as soon as Taehyung had let go. He finds he misses it more than he should.

"I suppose you should get going, don't want you getting fired for being late," he pouts, "I won't ride the new ride unless you've designed it." Yoongi feels a sense of pride unfurl in him. "But wait!" He spins on his heels widely looking for something, "Aha!" He turns back to Yoongi and holds out a yellow rose, the petals tipped with red. His cheeks turn a soft shade of pink as he hands the single rose to Yoongi. "Here-" he stutters, "for good luck!" With that he pulls Yoongi into a quick embrace, made awkward by the counter between them. 

Yoongi feels his heart flip, as he loosely returns the hug. He gives him a gentle pay as he pulls away, head tilted to the side, "See you later Taehyung." With that he finally takes the necessary steps out the front entrance, heart racing. He knows he done it now, the feelings he's fought so hard to hide are now finally coming to the surface. 

He sighs, twirling the thornless stem between his fingers. His goal for this ride is to get the customer's heart racing just as fast as his is in this moment. 

------------------------------------------------------------

yellow rose with red tips symbolizes friendship falling into love.