Chapter 1

The Truth Behind Sanity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinhwan was warm.

He snuggled in his blanket that smelled like laundry softener and sleep. Jinhwan smiled softly against the sheets, particularly enjoying the morning.

Then he was cold.

Jinhwan’s warm blankets are gone.

He sighed and pulled the blanket back to his shoulder, hearing a grunt from behind him. Jinhwan had his blanket tucked perfectly in his hand under his chin, enjoying its warmth once again.

The blankets were pulled away and Jinhwan was exposed to the cold morning air.

“Ugh, Junhoe, stop.” Jinhwan mumbled softly before pulling the blankets once again, a small chuckle escaping his lips. His voice was slightly hoarse from the sleep, “You always have the blankets, it’s my turn.”

Jinhwan yanked the blankets from Junhoe and tucked it between his legs in order to make it more difficult for the latter to pull the blanket away. It required a lot of energy to keep himself from rolling over when Junhoe seemed to pull the blanket with all his might.

At this point, Jinhwan is entirely awake—and going back to sleep isn't an option.

He heard the other readjust behind him, feeling the warmth of Junhoe’s body as he came close—closer to Jinhwan. A small smile grazed Jinhwan’s lips as he felt Junhoe’s arms around his waist, holding his body against the other's. Jinhwan could feel the warmth radiating from Junhoe, making him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Smirking, Jinhwan tried to pull away from the other, now at the edge of the bed, but Junhoe’s arms were tight around his waist.

“You’re cold,” Junhoe mumbled, his voice was also husky from the sleep.

“You don’t say,” Jinhwan rolled his eyes. “Now get off me, I have to go to work.” 

He smacked Junhoe’s arm away and got out of the bed, “I’m expecting breakfast on the table after I finish taking a shower.”

Junhoe sighed as he felt his boyfriend slipping away from his hold, grunting as he propped himself on the bed. He walked into the kitchen, thinking about what he had to cook for breakfast. Jinhwan can be pretty picky, sometimes. 

The male pursed his lips as he racked his brain, finally opting to cook Bauernomlett. Junhoe wasn't sure, but he vaguely remembered that Jinhwan liked Bauernomlett. He crouched in front of the open refrigerator door before ransacking it, taking with him some eggs, vegetables and sausages. Placing it on the kitchen counter, he unwrapped the sausages before taking a knife, cutting it into pieces.

Please log in to read the full chapter