Chapter 01 : Coming out (1/2)

Of coming out, and consequences.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhong swung himself back and forth on the swing, his legs still plastered on the ground. He had grown too tall to not have them drag by the floor. It feels weird to do it now.

He looks up at the sky, and sighs.

The clouds are already painted an orange hue. The sun is setting and soon it will grow cold. He regrets not bringing his jacket halfheartedly because he was in a rush and he never would have remembered anyway.

He had never really thought of the possibility of Daehyun being late to meet him either.

He pulled out his phone and swiped to recent messages.

‘Come to the park.’

 

Is that a lot to ask?
No, right?
They did this a lot, meeting up in this place.

 

But the text was sent half an hour ago and Junhong was cold.

Nevertheless, he put his phone back in his pockets and twined his fingers on the swing again. It creaked back and forth a little while longer, but then he heard footsteps coming his way, one after another – obviously rushing.

And Daehyun came running.

 

At the sight of a calm and collected Junhong, Daehyun came to a stop and heaved out his breath, and continued to pant, a hand over his chest. “Wow, you scared me.” He said, and then chuckled.

Junhong watched as he combed his hair back into place somewhat, and walked over to sit on the swing next to Junhong.

“So, what is it?” He asked, smiling.

 

Daehyun was beautiful but Junhong couldn’t find it within himself to smile back. Instead, he avoided eyes, and watched his shoes. They were big shoes, honestly. Junhong had big feet.

 

Daehyun reached over and placed a hand on Junhongs thigh, tracing soft circles. “Something wrong?”

 

Junhong shrugged because he didn’t know.
Nothing was wrong, probably.

“It’s just… been a while.” Junhong said, stretching and standing up. Daehyun followed as Junhong walked out; out to the all too familiar streets. They were fairly empty at this time, just walls and their graffiti. It wasn’t quite unusual for the duo to stroll down the street babbling nonsense, but Junhong was silent than usual and Daehyun couldn’t really in.

But he tried with a bit of laughter.

“Hyung is busy with finals you see.” He said.

Junhong nodded.
Of course. Daehyun was three years older and busier. Junhong was just schooling and struggling.

Silence continued further and Daehyun was having a hard time not saying or being said to.
It was unlike them to be silent.
Junhong had something on his mind but he simply wasn’t talking about it.

When the street lights came on; Daehyun gave up holding peace. He grabbed Junhongs hand and stopped him from mindlessly walking forward.

“What’s on your mind?” he asked.

 

Junhong blinked twice, and then composed himself, somewhat.
Then he drew in a long breath.

“They’ve been reading our texts. Mom … and dad.” Junhong said, a weight off his shoulders at its end. “I’ve been avoiding answering them but, I… I mean, I have to face it someday, right? They have to face it someday too.” Junhong said.

“That I’m like this.”

 

Daehyun felt his chest tighten at Junhongs tight lips. He caught both Junhongs hands and pulled the boy closer. “Don’t say it like that, you’re fine.” He said, smiling softly.

 

Junhong managed a lanky smile.

 

Daehyun too, sighed a little after.

“So they know about us?” He asked.

 

Junhong shrugged.
“They’ve just skimmed through here and there, I think. That’s why they haven’t disowned me yet.” He rolled his eyes.

Daehyun narrowed his brows. “Don’t be like that, they won’t do that. They’re your parents you know, they love you.”

Junhong sighed. “You don’t understand.”
But then he met with Daehyuns eyes and felt as if shot. He bit his lip. “I’m sorry.”

Junhong wasn’t really the one to talk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter