Dreams and First Sights

Rules On Falling In Love [H.I.A.T.U.S]

The crowd was so dense that air molecules can hardly pass through. Every seat was occupied, and that world famous indoor arena looked like it would be crashing down anytime soon.

The crowd roared in applause in the Madison Square Garden after Choi Jaynee performed with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. The girl's a musical genius, they say. She is a natural musical talent, mastering every single intrument in the orchestra. But Jaynee isn't famous for that. No, there was another reason. She herself, is a heavenly instrument within.

 

 

Choi Jaynee, half-American and half-Korean, was a music student at the best music conservatory in the world, Juilliard School of Music. People claimed that she was the best singer the school has had for decades with that angelic voice of hers. Jaynee believes that as long as she follows the music, she will always have a light to guide her way.

So, after that breathtaking performance, the crowed, still awed by such a beautiful golden voice, gave her a standing ovation. The rest of the evening carried on and by midnight, Jaynee was alone in her bedroom with her best friend, Mei.

 

"Have you seen yourself on TV? It's amazing," Mei enthusiastically told her, looking at the TV and scanning the channels.

"No it wasn't. I messed up a note! I'm sure people would've caught that," Jaynee said miserably.

"Oh shut it. You're being melodramatic. No one noticed. Apparently, they were still hypnotized with your singng to even give a crap to a failed note."

 

As Mei was slowing down switching from channel to channel, they came across a TV station Jaynee hasn't seen before.

 

"Hold on. Turn it back to channel 24," Jaynee said, and Mei flipped back to the channel, which beyond Jaynee's knowing was a Korean channel.

 

There was a guy being flashed on screen. He was attractive, tall, and had a well-built physique.

 

"Who is that? And how come I've never seen this channel before?" Jaynee wondered.

"Oh, that's Lee Hyukjae. He's the dance machine of Super Junior, a Korean boy group. I'm surprised you don't even know them! You're Korean for pete's sake! Every Korean knows them. It's a very common knowledge, Jaynee," Mei told her, disbelieving.

"Half Korean," Jaynee corrected.

"So? Wow, way to ditch half of your heritage," Mei sarcastically said. "I wouldn't be surprised if you don't even know the capital city of South Korea."

"That's ridiculous," Jaynee scoffed at her.

"No, YOU'RE ridiculous. You go out there performing for New York and you don't even know the artists in Korea left behind?" Mei hotly said. She had always been a fan of Korean music. Suddenly, another image flashed on the TV screen. "That's DBSK or Dong Bang Shin Ki."

"Dong Bang- what what?" Jaynee asked in confusion.

"Dong Bang Shin Ki! I can't believe you! They like have the world's biggest fanbase."

"Well, I don't think it's my fault I've never scanned the Guiness Book of World Records before."

"They aren't called 'Rising Gods of the East' for nothing."

"Wow, that's a real laugh," Jaynee sarcastically said, while popping a candy in . "My point is, I'm not really interested in Korean music, or hot Korean guys, or if the capital city of South Korea is Pyongyang-"

"It's Seoul," Mei corrected.

"-whatever. I just want to be here and live my life here in New York. It's my city. It's my home. I'm contented with my life now in Juilliard, and I don't think I'd want that to change."

 

"I'm not saying you have to change anything. I'm just trying to ask you this. Do you feel as if there's this whole other person inside you, just looking for a way to come out?" Mei turned off the TV and clambered on the bed, sitting next to Jaynee.

"Not really."

"You seriously need your Inner Eye checked. Look, there are so much possibilities and opportunities waiting for you. Have you ever thought that maybe there are greater things for you that New York can't offer?"

"What do you mean?" Jaynee looked confused.

 

"I found this on your drawer," Mei told her, waving a white envelope with a golden seal in the air.

As soon as Jaynee realized what it was, she immediately snatched the envelope from Mei's hand. "You've been snooping around my stuffs?"

"Sorry! I was looking for the DVD I lent you," Mei defensively said. "Let's not talk about that. The point here is, Seoul Music School is offering you a one-year scholarship. It's an elite institution, the best in Korea. It's not like you'll be leaving Juilliard forever. Just one year in Seoul."

 

"Oh no. No way," Jaynee conclusively said in a sure tone.

 

Come on! It can't be that bad. Just think of it as a learning experience. You would be even able to find fame there and things you resolve to never seek for."

"Like what?"

 

"Like love," Mei nonchalantly said.

"That's impossible. My ambition in life isn't even near marrying a Korean guy and living happily ever after, if that's what you think."

"You're denying the possibilities."

 

"I am because it isn't even on the verge of the possibility. But really, Mei. I have to think about that one-year scholarship. It's great, really. But I have to think about it."

 

 

*Seoul: Super Junior apartment*

 

"Hyung! He's in some kind of trance again!" Kyuhyun panicked, calling Leeteuk about Eunhyuk's strange behavior. He has been like that for two weeks now, and it began to worry his co-members a lot.

 

Eunhyuk was wearing a blank expression on his face. It was though he was even hardly blinking at all. The trance would begin as soon as he wakes up, and would last for as long as ten minutes.

 

"So...beautiful," Eunhyuk muttered the words under his breath.

"Eunhyuk! Are you alright?" Donghae nervously asked.

"Do you think that by chance he has gone...uhhh...mental?" Ryeowook asked and Kibum elbowed him in the stomach. Owww...

"It's her. The girl who haunts my dreams," Eunhyuk finally said after some minutes has passed.

"Are you sure you don't need us to call an exorcist?" Sungmin abruptly asked, absent-mindedly.

 

"No, no. You don't understand. I've been having the same dream for many nights in a row now. The same girl. The same angelic voice. It couldn't be just a coincidence!" Eunhyuk said.

"I think you ate too much chocolate for many nights in a row too," Heechul told him, in a tone that screams everything was just a mere coincidence.

"You don't understand. That was the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard. It was a song of angels, hyung!" Eunhyuk told Leeteuk.

 

The other members were fearing that Eunhyuk had completely lost his sanity, unable to distinguish dreams from reality.

 

"Listen. It was just a dream. So, get over it and put your efforts on things happening for real. Don't tell me you're starting to fall in love with a girl you've only seen in your dreams," Leeteuk told him.

"I'm afraid I am, hyung. It was as if she had just casted me under her spell. And it wasn't just a dream. I know she's real. I just know it. And I'm going to find her no matter what," Eunhyuk said, with high determination.

 

 

Vast seas and oceans separate them. How can fate pave a way for the girl in Eunhyuk's dream to step into reality?

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay, there goes chapter 1 :)

I hope you would comment!

and does anyone know who I can approach to make the graphics? If someone would volunteer, that would be great too!