Final

Like a Butterfly

"Jungkook," Yoongi mutters, standing unsteadily in the door frame.

"Yes, hyung?" Jungkook says, fingers still wrapped around the red plastic cup filled with alcohol; yes, he was drinking, but it wasn't much. Ever since Namjoon taught him how to mix drinks and told him where he kept the bottles of wine and beer, Jungkook hasn't stopped ever drinking.

Jungkook takes notice of how Yoongi sways as he walks toward the boy, and the way his eyes stare at him like he wants to tear out every piece of skin in Jungkook's body.

"H-Hyung, are you d-drunk?" Jungkook swallows and immediately stands up to steady Yoongi but instead the mint- haired boy pushes him away and drags him by the collar, even though Jungkook was inches taller than him.

"D-Don't-" he hiccups, "t-touch me"

Jungkook manages to pull himself away from his hyung and tries to sit him down, but Yoongi is reckless. He pushes him hard enough for Jungkook's back to hit the wall behind him. Jungkook flinches, eyes glaring at the drunken boy who can't even stand properly, he balls his left hand into a fist and lands a punch on Yoongi's left cheek, hard enough to bruise. Yoongi pushes him again, the younger falling on the floor. Yoongi grabs the chair behind him and for a second Jungkook thinks he's going to throw it at his direction, but instead he rams it against the mirror, the glass shattering and breaking into hundreds of tiny parts.

Yoongi pants and slumps down the wall, breathing hard. Seokjin and Namjoon burst through the door, a flurry of questions come out of their lips but Jungkook's too dazed to comprehend what they're saying. Instead he stares at Yoongi, who, unsurprisingly is staring at him as well. Yoongi's eyes aren't filled with anger (his aren't either, his sure) but instead they're filled with tears.

"Jungkook, Yoongi, what's going on?" Seokjin asks and runs to Yoongi, who has blood all over his cheeks from the impact of the chair and the mirror, the glass cutting small wounds on Yoongi's skin.

Seokjin drags Yoongi outside, probably to heal his injuries, while Namjoon glances at Jungkook's direction and leaves. He's known the boy enough to know that he want's to be alone, so that's what Namjoon gives him. And then Jungkook's left alone, staring at the broken chair and the shattered mirror. He can barely grasp what's happening to Yoongi, but he's already scared for him. He knows he's just hanging on by a thread, teetering on the edge. Jungkook sighs and and stands on his feet, grabbing a jacket and walking outside, leaving the room a mess.

 

Jungkook's feet lead him nowhere. He's currenly walking in a dark alley, the environment completely new to him and he's clueless to where he is. He walks with his head down, staring at his feet. He bumps unto another man but he pays him no attention. He continues walking and walking until his feet feel sore. The sun is down and the moon is already up. He checks his watch and sees that he's been waling for an hour. He keeps walking and thinks that if he walks long enough, he might reach the edge of the world.

But instead what he reaches is a dead end. So he stops, but he realizes he's not the only one around. Two men, who are dressed up in black jackets are behind him, walking in silence. Jungkook stops and still pays them no heed. When they reach him, one of them (the one he bumped with earlier, Jungkook realizes) pushes him against the wall beside them. Jungkook flinches again, and a fist comes in contact with his cheek, he hisses, but he doesn't fight back.

Punches and kicks land on Jungkook's face, some on his stomach, Jungkook feels the pain coursing throughout his body. The two men finally left after they've caused enough bruises on the boy's body. Jungkook sits with his head back, hands clutching his stomach. There's a cut on his bottom lip and there's a blooming, purple bruise on his left cheek. Maybe he deserved this, Jungkook thinks. He shouldn't have left Yoongi, especially in times like this, when he's breaking again. But Jungkook's breaking too; he's breaking because Yoongi's breaking.

Jungkook never thought standing up would be so hard. He limps across the alley and unto the busy streets. Again, he pays the world no attention. Too busy wallowing on his sadness. He doesn't notice the car that's already speeding across his direction and the next thing Junkook feels is another surge of pain throughout his body and he blacks out.

 

 

Jungkook's eyes flutter open and the first thing he sees is mint hair and and white walls. He's in a hospital, Jungkook notices. And Yoongi's with him, hands clutched against his and he's never seen the other so worried and happy at the same time in his life.

Yoongi releases a breath, "Thank God."

Jungkook laughs, voice raspy, "How long was I out?"

"A few weeks." Hoseok says from behind Yoongi. Everyone's here, Jungkook takes note. Even Namjoon.

"You got us all worried sick, you know." Seokjin says, arms crossed in front of his chest, "'Specially Yoongi."

"Shut up." Yoongi snaps, and they laugh.

"Where'd you run off, anyway?" Yoongi asks, hands still clutching the other's hands.

"I don't know," Jungkook runs his tongue over his lips "somewhere."

Yoongi smiles.

Jungkook does, too.

 

The others leave soon enough, but Yoongi stays. Jungkook's glad. 

"I'm sorry about our fight that day." Yoongi says.

"Don't worry about that. You were drunk." Jungkook says.

"Yeah, but, if I hadn't done that, maybe you'd still be okay." Yoongi mutters.

"Yah, seriosly, I am okay. I always am, 'cause you're always with me." Jungkook says, and he thinks that it's the most cliche thing ever.

Yoongi snorts, "Cheesy."

Jungkook laughs, "Hey," he mumbles, grabbing Yoongi's hand and intertwines his fingers with his.

"Yeah?" Yoongi asks.

"Don't worry, okay? I'm fine." 

"I know."

"But, I know you aren't."

Yoongi sighs, "I know."

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asks, his thumb caressing the skin on Yoongi's fingers.

"I don't know," Yoongi shrugs, "everything."

Jungkook supresses a small smile, "Whatever is wrong, everything will be fine. We'll get through it, okay? Just- Just stay with me, yeah, hyung?"

Yoongi smiles, "Yeah."

Yoongi presses his lips against Jungkook's forehead and a nurse has to force him to leave because visiting hours are over. It's okay. Because everything's fine. They'll get through it. They always do.