fin .

it's not real

Yoongi’s eyes opened, and he nearly sobbed from relief as he took several deep breaths. Thank god, it was only a dream. The gunman wasn't going to shoot him, he was fine, he was alive.

His arm reached over to the bedside table to check his phone for the time. Only his arm didn't move. It couldn't move. And instantly a wave of terror flooded his body because no matter how many times he experienced this the intense fear didn't go away. It's just a dream, it's just a dream. It's not real, I'm fine.

The figure above him, a faceless yet still grinning demon, peered down closer and Yoongi tried to scream but no sound left his mouth. There was another by the foot of his bed, pointing a gun right at his heart. It was the gunman from his dream and a silent sob was caught in his throat. Yoongi was going to die a horrible, bloody death, his heart filled with terror until the very last moment. There was another next to him, reaching out to his arm. No matter where Yoongi looked, there was horrible, shadowy monster, taunting him. He tried to close his eyes, tried to make them go away, but no part of him could move or even twitch. His breaths became shallow and erratic, and he felt himself become lightheaded. Before he could pass out, a cry erupted from his throat, and within moments his room was filled with a blinding, white light.

Yoongi’s chest rose and fell as he struggled to catch his breath.

“Are you okay? I heard you scream. Again.” Namjoon stood in the doorway, his voice still raspy and deep from waking up. Yoongi nodded, perhaps a little too fast because Namjoon frowned and walked over to sit on the foot of Yoongi’s bed, the same place that the demon with a gun had stood, it’s finger on the trigger. “This was the third time it's happened this month, Yoongi.”

“I'm okay. I just had…a dream.” Yoongi was surprised by how dry and cracked his voice sounded, and he knew it was obvious that he lied because Namjoon’s frown deepened.

Yoongi knew this was too much to ask of his best friend and roommate, but he looked to Namjoon with pleading eyes anyway. “Please stay here tonight.”

Namjoon never complained when Yoongi asked this of him. He simply stood up to turn off the lights, crawled up next to Yoongi and pulled him to his chest. Namjoon’s would brush back Yoongi’s hair as the steady thumping of Namjoon’s heart lulled Yoongi back into a peaceful, dreamless sleep. Tonight was no exception, and Yoongi silently thanked Namjoon by pulling him a little closer, tighter.

Yoongi longed for a day that Namjoon could sleep here every night, a day when the demons left for good. Namjoon scared the demons away, and it was with him that Yoongi felt that he was actually safe.