Real Story

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Real Story (by Infinite)

Pairing: Myungsoo X Nicole

Specially for: xreirax

Word Count: 1001

 

“Do you love me, Myungsoo?”

“Myung, you’re seriously too much!”

“Is it hard for you to tell me that you love me?”

“I’m really tired of this, Myungsoo. I’m tired of you.”

 

Myungsoo’s the mysterious type, the one who didn’t know how to express his emotions. All his life he rarely opened up to anybody, even his family. He keeps a stupid pokerface on, just to prevent anybody from peeking too far into his thoughts. He looked distant and cold, but he was really handsome. Most of the time, nobody bothered to talk to him or befriend him, but there was just something about him that captured Nicole’s heart.

 

Seungyeon, Nicole’s best friend, hated how Nicole was so interested in Myungsoo. She kept talking about how much she loved his eyes, and how he found depth in them. She even watches the way his sleeps in class. Also, she knows where all his beauty marks are: on his right cheek, right shoulder, left arm, the back of his neck, the base of his neck and the back of his left ear. She notices how he always wore black to school, so she figured out that he liked the colour black. And for lunch, he usually orders udon, which also probably means he liked udon.

 

Sometimes, Nicole thinks it’s creepy, on how she registered facts about Myungsoo so quickly. Then slowly, her life revolved around Myungsoo, and it became more than just a temporary infatuation. Shestruck conversations with Myungsoo, and hearing him talk to her, made her stomach twist. Myungsoo found it funny how Nicole was the only girl, or even person, who can keep a conversation with him for long amounts of time.

 

Then of course, like any typical story would go, they fall in love. Myungsoo was the one who confessed, and he acted cool while doing so, his insides feeling as though they might tear apart. Nicole was just beyond happy, and she wrapped her arms around Myungsoo, pulling him closer into a hug. For the first time in his life, Myungsoo believed in love.


 

 

Nicole never thought that being in a relationship with Myungsoo would hurt her so much though. She was the one who always initiated conversations, the one who texts Myungsoo ‘good morning’ first and ‘goodnight’ last, the one who would give Myungsoo surprise back hugs when classes finish.

She never knew how Myungsoo would steal glances at her, analyzing her beauty, and wondering how he could ever end up with such an amazing person as she is. Everyday, just by being with her, he felt his heart grow.

 

But he didn’t know how to express his love for her. He’d do simple things, like massaging her back while she blabbers on about something else; slipping his hand into hers when he feels she isn’t looking; playing with her hair when she sleeps on the desk. He tried, he really did, but he started off with small gestures and simple actions.

 

Nicole took things the wrong way though and felt so unloved. She started getting into one-sided quarrels with Myungsoo, telling him that he never makes it a point to show her that he loves her. Myungsoo found it annoying at first of course, but in the end, he always blames himself for it.


 

 

It was another night, where Nicole broke into one of her childish fights with Myungsoo.

“You know right, we’ve been together for three months already, and you still haven’t said those three words that I really want to hear!” Nicole whines.

“Three words? Fine, I’m sorry,” Myungsoo looks away, once again trying to avoid this topic cheesily.

“Your three words are ‘fine, I’m sorry’? Guess what, my three words are gonna be, we’re breaking up,” she rolls her eyes at him, before turning around to leave the empty classroom.

Myungsoo grabs her hand, pulling her back, “Nic, no, please, no.”

She spins around triumphantly, leaning closer to him, their lips almost brushing against each other, “Then say the words that I want to hear.”

 

Myungsoo gulps, feeling her sweet breath on his face. His body trembles a little, and he decides that he shouldn’t even tell her anything, but just seal this fight with a kiss.

So he crashes his lips onto her. Gentle, but beautiful.

Nicole has to hold back a gasp of surprise as the kiss slowly grows deeper.

When they finally break away from each other, breathless, Myungsoo starts speaking, lashing out his emotions at her, “Nicole, I can’t put this feeling to words. You gotta know, it’s hard for me, but I’ll try, really freaking try, to explain this out.”

Nicole frowns at him, wondering what he’s going to say. Myungsoo’s heart thumps violently as he looks down at the floor, “I hope you understand that there’s no meaning to saying that I love you, if you expect me to say it all the time.”

Is Myungsoo angry at me?

“And that, I don’t have to say these words for you to know that I love you... because I really do. I don’t want our relationship to be based on those words only, just like how would other relationships be like.”

He must be angry at me.

“However, you’ll never know, that even though I act like I don’t pay attention to everything you say or do, I actually care. I know I’m boring, b-but...”

He’s stuttering. Why is he so adorable?

“Just know that I’ll only look at you, no matter what.”

 

He throws his arms around Nicole awkwardly, stunning Nic, as she stays there in silence. Then he presses his lips onto her forehead, finally saying, “Nicole Jung, I love you.”

He blushes as he says those words, his heart beating even more rapidly than before.

 

Nicole lets out a tinkling laugh, “Kim Myungsoo, I love you too. I finally got to say that. And oh, that you look ing adorable trying to talk seriously.”

Myungsoo blushes harder, causing Nic to laugh again in amusement.


 

A/N: This is my first time attempting a 'cute' genre and I swear, this isn't even cute /cries forever/ I hope you see this in a different way tho, and that you'll enjoy the fic as well! Also, most of the fic is made up of the song's lyrics so cookie for you if you can relate the lyrics to the fic! Thanks for requesting, xoxo!