I Don't Know

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: I Don't Know (by A Pink)

Pairing: MyungYeol (Myungsoo X Sungyeol)

Specially for: fathi_fm

Word Count: 1061

 

Lee Sungyeol, born on the 27 Aug 1991. Idiot at times, and has a stupidly competitive nature. His nicknames are choding and Yeollie. He loves eating basically everything, he has always wanted to make it in the area of the performing arts. Has been in the drama club for almost three years. He at Math, but is rather good at Literature. He is very revengeful, and loves to pull pranks on people.

Most importantly, he doesn’t know, and will never know, that Kim Myungsoo is in love with him.

 

Sungyeol never keeps track of time. To him, his life is fast-paced, and to adapt himself to the world around him, he always tries to forget about things that acted as barriers. Myungsoo, however, was timid and hated how such a long time has passed, and he still can’t bring himself to confess to Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol has never believed in love. As childish as he is, he thinks that love is stupid, so whatever feelings he had for people, he always had the tendency to push them aside. However, as a friend, he was popular, funny and nice to be around. Myungsoo was the pretty boy, the shy kid; and Yeol loved teasing him.

 

So as the days grow by, Myungsoo subconsciously leave hints for Sungyeol, not knowing what he was doing. And Sungyeol, being the idiot that he is, doesn’t know how to deal with the hints as well.


 

 

13th September

Myungsoo almost chokes out his drink, “Sungyeol is sick?!”

Sungjong eyes him incredulously before bursting out laughing, “Hahas, yes!”

“Omo, is he okay? What’s wrong with him? Down with a flu? Or with something worse?” a string of questions leave Myungsoo’s mouth, causing Sungjong to laugh in amusement again.

“Dude, chill. You sound like what his girlfriend would ask,” Sungjong wriggles his eyebrows, teasing Myungsoo. Myung feels a blush creeping up onto his cheeks.

“Okay, whatever, just tell me what’s wrong!”

“It’s not like he has anything serious going on, just a sore throat and fever. That’s it.”

“Phew, okay. I’m gonna visit him after school.”

“Whoa whoa whoa, you like him, don’t you?” Sungjong giggles and Myungsoo just shrugs it off.

 

Myungsoo wets the towel once more, sauntering towards Sungyeol’s room like his house was his own. Then he sits by Sungyeol’s bed, rubbing the towel gently against Yeol’s forehead. He studies Sungyeol’s features, from his dimples, to his eyebrows, and then slowly, to his lips, which parted like rose petals. Yeol also snores, but his snoring is subtle. Inevitably, Myungsoo lets out a giggle.

 

Sungyeol then almost jumps out of his bed, now fully awake, surprised that someone’s in the room with him. Myungsoo just looks at the floor and blushes.

“Myung! What are you doing here?!”

“Eh, just taking care of you.”

 

Sungyeol cracks up, then ruffles Myung’s hair and flashes an eye-smile, “Thanks, Myung!”

But he does it in a way how hyungs would treat dongsaengs, and Myung has to bite his lip to keep himself from frowning.

Aish, this pabo will never know.


 

 

16th September

Sungyeol is literally skipping,  their school has brought them to an apple farm. Myungsoo’s happy as well, not because of the excursion, but he just likes seeing Sungyeol being enthusiastic about stupid things. Myungsoo blushes, realising that he’s thinking about Sungyeol… again.

Leading to an apple farm is a meadow of dandelions. The girls in his class were all gushing over the pretty flowers.  The boys all laughed at them. However, Myungsoo were fascinated by the gorgeous dandelions as well.

 

In the spur of the moment, Myungsoo plucks out a dandelion and pushes it against Sungyeol’s chest. Yeol merely laughs at him and sticks his tongue out at Myung, “You joke!”

Everything’s just a joke to you, Sungyeol.


 

 

22nd September

Myungsoo eyes Sungyeol incredulously, “Yeol, you read books?”

“Oh, shut up Myung, don’t tell me you don’t read as well! I know you read romance books,” Sungyeol’s eyebrows dance as Myung looks away, blushing harder than before.

Goddamit, I’m acting like a girl.

 

“W-whatever! I bet you’re reading !” Myungsoo teases Yeol, snatching the book away from him, his lips pulling into a smirk as he surfs through the book’s content. It is .

“o addict,” Myung winks at Yeol. Sungyeol’s cheeks turn into a furious shade of crimson.

“Well, it’s better than being lovesick,” Sungyeol whacks Myungsoo on his back.

 

Myungsoo sighs, I’m not lovesick, I’m in love with you.


 

 

27th September

Myungsoo couldn’t take it anymore. Day by day, his feelings were getting harder to deal with.

 

“Dear Sungyeol,

I really don’t know if you’re gay or bi or straight but really, I don’t care.

All I just gotta say is, that I’m in love with you.

I have been in love with you for more than a year.

You don’t have to accept me,

But I just need you to know that,

Whatever happens I’ll always be here for you.

 

From: Myungsoo”

 

He leaves the note in Sungyeol’s locker, knowing that only he knows Yeol’s password combination besides Yeol himself. So Sungyeol wouldn’t think that it’s just a prank.

But two hours later, when they meet during lunch, Myungsoo’s heart begins to throb violently against his chest.

 

Sungyeol saunters up to Myungsoo with a dark expression. Myung could feel the anxiety seeping into his nerves, threatening to twist his mind apart.

Yeol lifts up his hand, revealing a crushed note. Myungsoo gulps, I knew he would be angry.

 

“What is this?!” Sungyeol growls.

Myungsoo just looks at the floor, trying to hide the tears that fell down his face.

 

Then the both of them lapse into an uncomfortable silence, before Sungyeol burst out laughing. Instantaneously, Myung raises his head, staring at Yeol as if he was crazy.

“Dude, you’re such a bad joker! Stop playing around already! Even I pull pranks better than you!” Yeol grabs his stomach, laughing away. At first, Myungsoo was just confused, but then when reality sunk in, and that when he figured out that Yeol thought that it was a joke and only pretended to be angry with him, he figured out that this could never work.

 

“Heh, I wonder how you saw through it, , I can’t make it for lunch, gotta go,” Myung makes up a lame excuse and runs off.

Sungyeol, you’ll never know. You just never will.



 

A/N: Omg this is like probably the crappiest one-shot ever! Sorry, I watched like 6 hours of MAMA and rushed through this fic. Still, I hope you enjoy it! This fic is related to the MV, if you can figure how the scenes in this fic relate to the scenes in the MV. I just changed it a little. And sorry if the ending wasn't a happy ending, I just had to add in angst somewhere. Thanks for requesting, xo!