Today More Than Yesterday

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Today More Than Yesterday (by Kim Jong Kook)

Pairing: YunJae (Yunho X Jaejoong)

Specially for: devilangel31231

Word Count: 902

 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes scan over Yunho’s wounds, scars and bruises. Just by looking at them sparks off some kind of pain that eats at him, and he grips the mattress harder, as if hurting himself would help distract him away from his personal emotional suffering. Just as he is about to leave the bed, he hears Yunho coughing away and gripping onto his arm from behind.

“Don’t leave,” Yunho sounds so hurt that Jaejoong cannot even bear to walk away. Instead, he lies back down, and Yunho throws his arm around the younger boy, letting him cuddle against his chest, and relishing the warmth of his skin.

“I just wanted to wash up, that’s all,” Jaejoong explains, his eyes closed.

“No, stay in bed, here with me, forever,” Yunho merely snorts, sleep threatening to take him away again. Jaejoong pouts, “Dirty Yunho.”

Yunho smirks; his finger brushing past Jaejoong’s soft yellow hair, as electricity runs through the latter’s body. He then sighs, before coughing away again. Jaejoong’s eyes snap open, as they quickly fill with worry. He asks, “Yunho, are you okay? I think we need to bring you to the doctor.”

Jaejoong struggles to get up once more, but Yunho uses all his strength to pull him down again. He commands him, “No, stay.”

“What’s wrong with you? Look, you are injured, and you’re obviously sick. We clearly need to get you to the doctor,” Jaejoong’s eyes run over Yunho’s bruises once again, and instantaneously they flash with hurt. Yunho glares at him stubbornly, “I said, stay.”

 

Yunho watches his father stagger into the house and he immediately scowls at the drunken man. The man almost sprints across the living room to slap Yunho across the face. Yunho’s already numb but he falls to the floor anyway, letting his own father beat the living crap out of him. Some part of him screams at him to escape, but the other part just waits for the pain to kick in.

“Yunho, you’re feverish. Please,” Jaejoong’s pleading voice snaps Yunho back into reality. Yunho shakes his head fervently, wondering why is he even so desperate to waste the day away on bed, but he just bites at his lower lip, and continues shaking his head. Jaejoong’s heart throbs against his chest violently, wondering what the hell has gone wrong with Yunho. He knows that he has been abused, but now it’s gotten so bad Jaejoong thinks he needs to send him to see a counselor.

“I’m going to get up, and dress the both of us up, so that we bring you to see a doctor. That’s final,” Jaejoong attempts to struggle out of Yunho’s weakening grip again. Yunho then says, “Stay. Just stay. Because if you don’t, then you’ll leave. Just like everybody else.”

Tears run down Yunho’s face, his teardrops reminding Jaejoong of crystals. The latter then stays still, letting Yunho cry by himself for awhile. He knows there’s a certain limit to Yunho being able to keep all his emotions inside while maintaining an almost perfect exterior; that deep inside, Yunho truly wishes to break down, and let everything out; he just doesn’t know how to, because he has learnt that nobody can be trusted.

Still, Jaejoong’s glad that Yunho’s crying in his presence. He knows that he has attained his trust.

Jaejoong kisses Yunho’s tears away, “You know I’ll never leave you. Trust me, Yunho.”

 

Yunho then pulls Jaejoong towards him, their breath tickling each other’s faces. He then crashes his lips onto the younger boy’s hungrily, begging for entrance. Jaejoong’s mouth finally opens as he admits defeat to Yunho’s dominance, and Yunho devours the former’s tongue, still being cautious not to bite it. Breathless, they break away from each other but not for long as their tongues meet again, intertwining with each other.

Pulling apart, Yunho frowns. Jaejoong laughs and ruffles the older boy’s hair, the both of them lying down on the bed again.

“You still have to see a doctor.”

“Fine, later,” Yunho chuckles dryly, “…I love you.”

“Dude, you’re getting cheesy. You tell me this every day,” Jaejoong pokes at Yunho’s ribs teasingly.

“Still, I love you, okay? I’m going to say it today, tomorrow, and the day after. Because each day I manage to love you more than the day before.”

Jaejoong’s heart freezes. This is one of the reasons why he loves Yunho so much: he manages to say things that melt him, but not that the things he says are just sweet nothings, the best part is, they hold so much truth within them that Jaejoong knows he can believe Yunho.

“You know I love you too,” Jaejoong’s eyes turn into thin crescents, his heart now leaping, “And I don’t know if you ever know, but you’re the only guy I have my eyes on, the guy I’ve cared the most about. You might have had a rough past, and I might not be as perfect as everybody thinks I am, but my heart won’t ever waver, I promise.”

Yunho reveals a breathtakingly beautiful smile and for a moment they forget about everything else in the world, and it’s as if only the both of them exist.

Jaejoong pouts, “You need to smile more.”

“If you like it, I’ll smile for you every day,” Yunho wraps himself around Jaejoong, rocking him back and forth. Jaejoong giggles and they stay like this for awhile. 


 

A/N: Omg I know this is really short but I wanted the ending to be simple so sorry!! I still hope you enjoy this fic and thanks for requesting xoxo!