You and I

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: You and I (by IU)

Pairing: Chunji X Vicky (OC)

Specially for: kerorokey_ (Lesya!!)

Word Count: 1010

 

 

You left without a word, how could you? I never want to see you again.

Chunji’s last words still echo in Vicky’s head. She lets out a sigh of vexation, sinking even further back into her seat. Chorong glances over at her best friend worriedly, giving her shoulders a squeeze, “Vick, are you okay?”

Vicky manages to smile feebly at Chorong. They are both in the airplane, on the flight to New York. They’re going to study at an arts academy there, and Vicky still remembers Chunji’s violent reaction towards her leaving. Did he even bother to understand that he wasn’t the only one hurting? That even until now, the heartaches and the memories, have only grown fresher?

Vicky shuts her eyes, letting her mind travel through the memories that only threaten to hurt her.

Chunji was skipping, his cotton candy at hand. He took a bite, letting the candy melt on his tongue. It tasted like liquefied heaven and he grinned as the sugariness coursed through his blood. He found a pair of swings and he plopped himself down on one of them, devouring the remains of his cotton candy. That’s when he suddenly heard a high-pitched wail piercing through the silence.

He stopped swinging abruptly and looked around to find the source of the loud wail. Entering the sand pit, he squealed as the sand grains seeped into the spaces between his toes. Still finishing up his cotton candy, he narrowed eyes, determine to find the girl who cried.

Then there she was, with dark brown hair: ringlets that hang by her ears, actually; her caramel coloured eyes glistening with tears. She was sitting on the floor in an awkward position, her knee bleeding. Chunji frowned in worry, dropping his cotton candy and running towards her.

He saw her wound and winced, before smiling encouragingly at her and asked, “Are you okay?”

The flight is eleven hours, eleven ing hours. Chorong’s already snoring quietly, her food left untouched on the foldable tabletop. Vicky’s barely eating anything either, her motion sickness already beginning to act up. She has always been a physically weak girl, constantly falling sick and easily injuring herself. Now she secretly wishes that she never left, because Chunji wouldn’t be there to heal both her physical and emotional wounds.

Vicky bows at Mrs Lee as the older woman smiles and retreats into the kitchen to cook dinner. Vicky then climbs up the stairs, ever so familiar with the house that her best friend lives in, and entering the second room down the hallway, she opens the door with as little force as she could use so as to not make a sound. The door creaks and she slides into the room, her eyes glued onto the sleeping boy.

Chunji is laying down on the bed, his arms thrown to his right side. Enchanted by his sleeping figure, Vicky saunters towards him, leaning in, her hand gently pressing against his cheek that’s facing upwards. His skin feels comfortingly warm, and Vicky’s lips pull up into a beautiful smile.

How can somebody look like an angel even when he’s sleeping?

She doesn’t even know what she’s doing but she crashes her lips onto his, blushing into the kiss, her heart squeezing.

Vicky chuckles dryly. That was her first kiss, and Chunji didn’t even know. Was that his first kiss too? A chill runs down her spine, her heart squeezing again, just like how it would in the past whenever she’s around him. Because it hurt knowing she can never be with him, even until now, he still doesn’t know.

He’ll never know.

Chunji slams his fist into the wall, his voice dripping with so much rage it scares the out of Vicky, “You’ve known about this for three goddamn months, and you choose now, a week before you’re leaving to tell me?!”

Vicky trembles, goosebumps running down her entire body. Chorong glares at Chunji, “Yah! Stop being such a jerk already! Why would you even care?!”

“Because she’s my ing best friend, goddammit!” Chunji’s voice sears into Vicky’s heart.

“If you’re her best friend, you would think for her, and what’s best for her,” Chorong yells back at him.

“Y-you, y-you just don’t understand!”

Chunji screams for one last time, before leaving the apartment. Vicky remains there, shocked and not knowing what to do.

Vicky decides to play with her food, before her emotions get the best of her.

Vicky’s face is already stained with tear tracks. Chorong can only look at her and sigh, “Stop crying already.”

Vicky just nods, and attempts at smiling, but this only makes her cry harder. Chorong stares at her for awhile, before announcing, “I think he likes you too.”

Vicky goes through the familiar feeling of her heart being squeezed again.

“If he loved me, he’d at least try to understand.”

“Maybe he did, but he loves you enough to know that he can’t be apart from you, even if it’s just for two years.”

Vicky doesn’t know what to say.

Chorong then throws her arm around her best friend, “Maybe you can’t let him go, too.”

Vicky wonders how now is such a time for her to be regretful about leaving. Not only leaving, but leaving without confessing to Chunji and letting him know that she has loved him for such a long time now. Her mind can bring her back to the past where everything’s not entirely perfect, but pretty enough. Now she has to look forward to a future without him.

You’ll wait for me, right?

Vicky keeps on missing Chunji, every little part of him. From his soft golden hair, to his large eyes that help him resemble a life-sized doll, to his voice, and then to even the littlest details like his body temperature, his honey-like scent.

The confession plays at her lips and it’s dying to escape but what’s the point when Chunji isn’t even there? So she laughs dryly, the pain tugging at her chest once more.

I know you’ll wait for me.


A/N: Thanks for requesting! Xoxo, and I hope you enjoy this! :-)