Please

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Please (by Kim Hyun Joong)

Pairing: Junhyung X Shika (OC)

Specially for: Xernie

Word Count: 1009

 

 

“You don’t even spend time with me anymore.”

“Why are you always so busy?”

“I feel abandoned.”

“Is work everything to you now?”

“I used to be your world, now it seems as though things are changing.”

 

Junhyung beams with pride, the satisfaction surging through his nerves. His boss pats him on the shoulder, congratulating him for the promotion and praising him for working hard at the same time as well. He tries not to let his smile falter, as he thinks about Shika, and their brittle relationship. It seems as though these past few weeks, they’ve just been fighting over Junhyung overworking himself and not committing enough time to this relationship.

If she would only try to understand that all this time, I’ve been working so hard, only for her. Does she really think that I’m sick and tired of this relationship, when the only person I think about is her? She’s like my personal motivation, yet she makes this sound like she’s on the losing end.

Junhyung sighs, but he decides that today, he isn’t going to fight with Shika anymore. He has got his promotion, something which he has been working towards for a really long time now. With the new pay, he can probably move Shika and him out of that shabby apartment they’ve been living in for almost a year, and he can finally have the resources and courage to propose to her.

He needs her to know that he has had his heart with her all this time, that his feelings have never once changed, and that he loves only her, even though Shika has been throwing false accusations at him, and blaming him for everything; he still only thinks of and for her.

On the way home, Junhyung leans his head against the bus window, mixed feelings coursing through him. He’s supposed to be ecstatic about his promotion, but a fear nags at him and bites at his heart, telling him that something bad’s about to happen. He then grits his teeth and shakes his head, as if it would chase his worries away.

Hopping off the bus, he alights at the bus stop infront of his apartment. His house looks so run-down and the thought of having lived here for such a long time sends chills down his spine. He promises of getting a better home for him and Shika.

Climbing up the stairs, his heartbeat starts to increase, he doesn’t even know why. The atmosphere seems to be very ominous as he silently unlocks the door. He’s making every move with caution, and quietly, the fear never seeming to leave him.

Then he sees it.

A man dressed in black has lips pressed against Shika’s, as she grips onto the kitchen table for balance. Both their mouths open, their tongues meeting and intertwining with each other. Junhyung wants to scream at the both of them to stop, but the speechlessness chokes him, the carbon dioxide unable to escape through his throat, and he’s left there, feeling so suffocated.

At first, it feels as though his soul is burning in pure rage. The anger is like flames, thickening each time he’s unable to open his mouth and scream; and causing him to go through such unimaginable yet surprisingly physical pain.

When Shika and the man finally break away from each other, a smirk plays at her lips, and that did it.

Junhyung bursts forward, grabbing the man by the collar and throwing him on the floor. The man winces in pain, but without making a sound, because he knows he’s in the wrong. Shika just stares at Junhyung, her eyes widening in utter shock. She thought that Junhyung was working overtime, she never knew that the boss sent him off earlier.

Then he raises his hand, almost slapping her across the face. Shika just closes her eyes, expecting the impact. But Junhyung isn’t able to, he just can’t bring himself to lay his hand on the person he loves most, so he falls to his knees, tears running down his face.

Shika remains speechless as well. Her heart squeezes at the fact that he’s crying because of her mistake, and this only proves that he’s still in love with her. Now she feels like taking all her accusing thoughts back, and throwing away the feeling of being unloved and not cared about.

“Jun, I’m so – “

“Shut up, just shut up, don’t say anything,” Junhyung puts his hand across his chest, as if it would relieve the soreness. The man slowly gets up, attempting to leave the apartment before things get worse. Junhyung can only scowl at his retreating figure as Shika stays there flustered, unknowing of what to do and say, that might appease her boyfriend, or now, ex-boyfriend.

“You’re a ing cheater. A liar,” Junhyung finally speaks, his voice however much calmer.

“I’m sorry, I really am,” Shika closes her eyes, the guilt eating at her so bad she just might crumble.

“If you were sorry, you would never have done it in the first place.”

“It was at the spur of the moment – “

“How long have you been cheating on me? Stop making excuses, just ing tell me already.”

“No! I didn’t cheat on you! He was just a friend who stopped by, and I don’t know what was going on on my mind, when we kissed, I didn’t even – “

“I thought I meant more than this to you,” Junhyung bites his lower lip. Shika is now thoroughly frustrated, and she just lurches forward at Junhyung, crashing her lips onto his. Junhyung tries his best at pulling himself away, but he just can’t. He drowns in temporary enchantment as their tongues explored each other’s jaws, as if taking in what’s left of them before this relationship fades into nothingness.

When reality cuts in, Junhyung reluctantly breaks away from Shika. He then caresses her face and says, “Shika, I love you, but this is… this is just wrong.”

With that, he leaves the apartment, running without stopping.


 

A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger ending! And so much angst, even though the specified genre is romance... but the song is about the girl being a cheater and this is a songfic so yeah SORRY You can imagine the ending if you want to! Thanks for requesting xoxo and hope you enjoy the fic! ;-)