Need You Baby

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Need You Baby (by T-Blue)

Pairing: BaDeul (Baro X Sandeul)

Specially for: avenge96

Word Count: 1036

 

How can you look so beautiful, even when you cry? Your eyes that glisten with tears, that speak a story you’ve masked with a smile all your life? When you cry, I try to be there, and fill up the empty space in your chest. I’ll try to stay by your side until you’re okay again, and I’ll never get tired of trying. You’re the strongest person I’ve ever known, even though you look fragile when you cry. And that’s only because when you feel as though you need someone to count on, I actually need you more instead.

Baro soaks the teabag in the water, pouring in sugar and milk. He mixes the liquid carefully, carrying up the mug in eagerness of giving it to Sandeul. The mug is so hot that his hands suffer a searing pain, as if they are scalding, but he ignores it, only bothering about giving the tea to Sandeul.

Setting the mug on the table, he rubs his palms against each other, yelping in pain. Sandeul wakes up, dazed, before smiling at Baro. Baro smiles back, shoving a thermometer into Deul’s mouth, gasping in shock when he realised that his fever has increased. He spoon feeds Sandeul with tea, “Drink up, I’m driving you to the doctor afterwards.”

Sandeul buries his face into the pillow, “Don’t bother, I’m used to it.”

Leukemia causes non-deliberate immunosuppression.

“It has only been a month, you can fight this,” Baro, seeming to be at a loss of words, runs his fingers through Sandeul’s hair.

“Does my hair feel nice?” Sandeul suddenly asks. Baro bursts out in laughter, “Yes, yes.”

Biting his lip to prevent the tears from running down his face, Sandeul says quietly, “When I begin my chemotherapy treatments, I’ll lose my hair.”

Speechlessness.

“…Deul, I’m sorry – “

“Whatever, just don’t bring me to the doctor, please.”

“But it can be something serious – “

“Everything’s so serious nowadays. It’s like a reality, without having the ability to fantasize, at all.”

“Sandeul, just drink up your tea.”

Sandeul doesn’t look up from the pillow and Baro guesses that his hyung is probably crying already.

Baro then runs his hand up and down Sandeul’s back, “I’ll be here for you.”

“You don’t have to be here for me, I don’t need you,” he states stubbornly. Baro can feel the pain prickling at the edges of his heart. His eyes water, “But I need you.”

The both of them begin to bawl.


 

Sandeul beams, revealing a set of pearly white teeth, “Baro, I’m going to shave.”

Baro chokes on his iced chocolate, “Why don’t you just wait till when you begin your chemo?”

He just shakes his head, “Nah.”

Baro tries to smile in encouragement, “I’m glad you’re taking treatments with a more positive attitude now.”

Sandeul just shrugs. Baro slips his hand in his, “I don’t want to see you cry.”

“I’m sorry that you have to see me in a state like this.”

“Don’t be sorry.”

“Sometimes, I feel like I’m just another burden to you,” Sandeul rests his head on his elbow that sticks to the glass table, self-hatred slowly boiling in his blood. It’s funny, because it’s his blood cells that are causing him to die; and how his sickness kills him faster mentally than it does physically, makes it even funnier.

Baro’s lips begin to quiver, his body shaking in anger. Clenching his fists, he says quietly, “You’re not a burden to me.”

“I think you care too much.”

Baro ignores Sandeul, “Can I shave my hair with you?”

Sandeul widens his eyes, his heart palpitating furiously, as he almost yells, “Are you taking pity on me?!”

“No, why would you think that?!” Baro begins to lose his temper as well.

I’m protecting you not only because I care. I’m selfish, and I need you to be here, even if it’s hard.

“Why are you being so nice to me? You’re nicer than my parents, , you’re nicer than everybody else! I don’t even treat myself as nice as how you treat me! If this isn’t pity, then what is this?!” Sandeul fights back.

“We’ve known each other for seven ing years, Sandeul, I don’t understand how you never get things,” Baro’s knuckles are now turning white.

“Do you think I would bother to know, when I’m drained, of every ing thing – “

“I love you.”

 

Sandeul can feel the world around him spin, as the colours fade into blackness, and he can only see Baro. In front of him, his eyes gleaming with a new kind of hopefulness. All these years, through his relapses, it was Baro, who held his hand through the pain, who scolded him for losing faith, who cried with him, who taught him that he has to fight to live.

“…thank you,” Sandeul chokes.

“For what?”

“For loving me, and needing me. I’ve been telling you that you should just off my life, but I guess I never really meant it,” he begins to cry again.

Baro leans forward, immediately pushing his tongue into Sandeul’s mouth, their tongues intertwining.

French kisses aren’t exactly smothering saliva all over each other, it somehow represents a connection.

Tongues exploring each other’s jaws, as they both fall into breathlessnes, eyes closing not in exhaustion but in passion; Sandeul smiles into the kiss, and this time, it’s a genuine smile.

Slightly breaking away from each other, Baro teases, “You taste sweet.”

Sandeul blushes really hard, “Yah! And you taste like chocolate, psh.”

Baro uses his hand to carefully wipe the tear tracks away from Sandeul’s cheeks, then he asks shakily again, “You still haven’t answered me yet: can I shave my hair with you?”

Sandeul nods and pulls Baro into a hug, “Now I know I need you.”

Baro simply replies, “I need you most.”


 

The both of them, arm in arm, fingers laced into each other; saunter out of the salon, their heads bald, and gleaming in the sunshine.

I want to get stuck with you, for the rest of my life. I want to share your pain, no, not that I want, it’s that I need. I need you, Sandeul. And I know you need me too.


 

A/N: This one-shot is shamelessly short, and crappy, and I don't even know I was thinking when I wrote this /sobs/ Sorry! It's sad writing this too, cause BaDeul are usually hyper and adorkable together. But still, I hope you enjoy this and thanks for requesting xoxo!