Obsession

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Obsession (by SHINee)

Pairings: Woohyun X Lee Vicky (OC) and Key X Lee Vicky (OC)

Specially for: kerorokey_ (Lesya hehe)

Word Count: 1076

 

 

“I can feel you fading away.”

“Woohyun, shut up, please. You know I’ve never seen you as more of a friend,” Vicky looks away, her heart palpitating in anxiety.

“That Kim Kibum guy, in what way is he better than me?”

“Woohyun, there’s no freaking comparison in this situation. You are my best friend, and have been for the past five years. Kibum oppa… I don’t even know what we are.”

“You ing like him, Vicky, it’s obvious as heck.”

“Please, Woohyun, just let things be. I really don’t love you in a way where I would want to date you, just in a more brotherly way.”

“…Lee Vicky, will there ever be a day when you can see what I’m feeling and going through for you?” he screeches, leaving with tears running down his face. You put your hand at your chest, as if it would help relieve the heartache.

 

Woohyun smiles at the bitter memory. It seems like no matter how much effort he has put in in a one-sided love, nothing seems to work. He downs the beer, wondering how these six months have finally put Kibum and Vicky together. He feels as though Vicky’s neglecting him, but that’s just a prettier exterior hiding the fact that she’s avoiding him on purpose.

Lee Vicky, tch. Do you still remember that I’m your best friend? Or do you take me as non-existent now? Are you still aware that everytime I go to the swingI flinch because there are two swings, not one? I can still remember the days when we would play our hearts out, and not care. Every night I have nightmares of reaching my hand out to you, and you just won’t take it. Then when I wake up, the other empty side of my bed feels cold. Though it seems wrong for me to say it, I still have to say it: I miss you, Vicky, though you were never mine.


 

It’s Vicky’s birthday, 1st October 2012. A year has almost passed, and they still haven’t shared a proper conversation yet. Plus, Woohyun wouldn’t think that Vicky actually remembers him. He just spends his days working his off, not trying to care too much about love and its stupidity, his heart still bearing a soft spot for his crush. So when he receives an invitation to her birthday party this Saturday via text, he doesn’t even bother hesitating, he just agrees to go.

It’s not that he actually wants to be there, he just wants to see Vicky again, because he’s forced to believe that he’s forgotten by his ex-best-friend, so now when he can see her again, he just jumps at the opportunity.

Does she even remember how I look like? Hah.

 

Woohyun actually made a teddy bear specially for Vicky. He felt like an idiot, being the only adult at Build a Bear. Little children ran around the shop, working enthusiastically at their bears. He then quickly chooses the fabric, stuffing, and even more embarrassingly, the bear’s clothing. However, he does it to whatever Vicky’s preference is, that is, unless she changed.

If you press onto the chest of bear, it actually can speak out what you recorded aloud.

Woohyun recorded his voice, pressing the bear to check if it worked, and almost cried hearing his own words.


 

Vicky changed her address, she now even moved into a smaller apartment, with that Kim Kibum that Woohyun never really got a chance to know on a personal level, not that he really cared.

He entered her house warily, not even surprised at the crowd. The Lee Vicky, who only used to hang out with him, now had loads of friends, and a better present. Woohyun probably was just a figment of her past, that she’d come to forget anyway.

But to me, it’s different. You can’t exactly forget first loves.

 

Vicky smiles shyly at Woohyun, when Kibum appears beside her, arm around her waist. Woohyun smiles back, but to be honest, all he was doing was try to keep himself from grimacing.

Woohyun then muses cheerfully, “Ah, Vicky, happy birthday! Here’s your present!”

He shoves the beautifully-wrapped gift box into her hands. She nods in gratitude. Suddenly, Kibum pries away the present from her and pecks her on the cheek, “Baby, enjoy yourself. I’ll keep your presents from you.”

Woohyun’s hands actually curl up into fists so he hides them behind his back at first, before swinging his arms in an attempt to act natural.

 

During the cutting of cake, everybody claps their hands and sings the birthday song passionately. Woohyun tries to feel happy and excited for Vicky as well, but he decides to take a step back, admiring her from afar. He studies her hair, thick and jet black, which is now also layered. Her eyes are still the same: warm and a creamy brown. His heart then begins to beat rapidly again.

Distractions can never really help you in getting over loving someone for more than four years.

 

When the birthday song finishes, Vicky slices into the cake with a plastic knife and everybody cheers. Kibum then plants a kiss onto Vicky, their tongues literally exploring each other’s mouths. Everybody laughs, but Woohyun has to bite his lip from keeping the pain bursting out his chest.

I’ve always wanted to kiss you, Vicky. , why do you look so happy when you’re with him?

 

Woohyun sighs, deciding that staying here in her house would be pointless. He then leaves, dreading the emptiness left behind by all the holes in his body. His bones feel hollow, even his heart doesn’t seem like it’s there anymore. Not that he’s missing anything, but the fact that he chooses to want something he’s not allowed to even miss, hurts.

Waving down a cab, he enters the taxi, his chest sore.

Love… I don’t even dare to label it as love. Lee Vicky, I have tomove on, please let me move on.

Tears fill up in his eyes again.

You’re my obsession.


 

Later that night, Vicky kisses her boyfriend goodnight as he requested to sleep first. Then she hurries to her pile of presents, picking out Woohyun’s first.

A hint of anxiety eats at her heart as she unwraps the gift box. She smiles, hugging the teddy bear tightly, not realising that her chest is pressing against the bear’s chest.

She could hear his voice echoing from the bear’s chest: Don’t throw me away.


 

A/N: Hai Lesya! This. Freaking. . I don't mind if you come and kill me with a chopper for this LOL And I hope the plot isn't too confusing as well. Please look up the english translations of the song, it's really important for comprehending the fic. I still hope you enjoy it, and thanks gurl for requesting xoxo!