Far Away

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Far Away (by Tyga ft Chris Richardson)

Pairing: LHyun (Myungsoo X Woohyun)

Specially for: wings_halo (and your friend)

Word Count: 1047

 

 

Woohyun lays on his bed, his back aching. He shuts his eyes, trying to pull himself to sleep, because it has been an exhausting day, and he feels drained out of everything. But his body decides to be an , and he finds himself tossing and turning in bed, as he still can’t bring himself to sleep.

you, insomnia. Of all times, why act up now?

He’s already finished an entire bottle of sleeping pills for the past eight months, and now he just has to run out of them. It’s already past midnight, so it’s pointless to buy sleeping pills from the pharmacy in the neighbourhood. Woohyun sighs, his eyebags feeling thick and heavy. His fingernails dig into the bedsheets, his toes wriggling, as he loses himself in the frustration of not being able to ing sleep.

Then, just like every other night, he starts thinking about Myungsoo again.

 

Is he okay? Living well? Still angry at me? Has he forgotten about me? Ah, pabo, stop caring so much, you’re the one who abandoned him. You have no right to even think about him.

Woohyun blinks, not allowing his mind to bring him on a journey of memories of the times he’s shared with his ex. He just couldn’t bring himself to endure the pain and guilt, since he left Daegu a year ago. It wasn’t entirely by choice, but not entirely by force either. It’s a mistake he had to make, and somehow, he feels as though Myungsoo still hates him for it.

He sighs, remembering the day he admitted that he was leaving.

 

Myungsoo wraps his arms around Woohyun’s waist, “Namu baby, why are you so down these days?”

Woohyun shuts his eyes, wondering if he should just tell Myung everything now, before it’s too late. He knew Myung needed mental preparation, if not he would just hate Woohyun forever when he finally leaves.

“Myungsoo, how am I supposed to break all of this to you… aish?”

“Just tell me, baby. Your mood nowadays… you’re throwing hints at me, right? That’s something’s wrong?”

Woohyun tries not to smile: it was clear that Myung knows him best. So he just nods proudly, then boring his eyes into Myungsoo’s intently, he confesses, “I have to move out of Daegu. My bro has been accepted into aprestigious university and our family thinks it’s best for us to move into the city with him.”

 

Woohyun chuckles bitterly, the sore emptiness beginning to spread across his chest. Reminiscing those days he shared with Myungsoo, felt as though he was telling a story to an audience who would never listen, who could only judge him, who told him that the relationship they had was cliché.

It all happened in his head, and slowly he’s just drowning himself in the worries that all he has been was just a burden to Myungsoo.

 

They fought a lot. Myungsoo just couldn’t bring himself to respect the decision that Woohyun and his family made. Woohyun didn’t tell him the whole story, however. Deep inside, Woohyun agreed with his family, only because he felt like he wasn’t good enough for Myungsoo. Simple. But even he lied to himself, he knew that “making choices” was all just an excuse. What mattered most was what was on the interior.

Woohyun is cursing now, he just wants sleep to bring him back into a world where he knew reality didn’t even ing exist. Everybody’s so hard on him for “throwing away his boyfriend”, but nobody ever cared enough to look deep into his feelings, and to realise that he actually misses Myungsoo most.

 

He grabs the pillow, covering his face, clearly vexed. He wonders if Myungsoo has that hollow spot in his chest, that only music can fill up temporarily, but whenever he’s alone, the nothingness will begin to hurt, and that the pain derived from missing somebody, felt so raw and alive; he wonders if Myungsoo can’t sleep too, and still remembers of Woohyun’s existence, of the past that Woohyun holds so preciously to his heart.

 

On the short plane ride Woohyun’s family took to Seoul, Woohyun spent most of his time on the plane, looking out the tiny window, staring at nothing but the lightness of the blue, as they were already above the clouds. He silently lets the first tear drop, then next and it never stops, it never will. It was more of guilt than pain, but which ever way, it hurt.

 

If he knew that relationships hurt this bad, he wouldn’t even –

No, he couldn’t say that. Myungsoo was the best thing that happened to him, it was him who was undeserving of that figure of perfection.

 

Maybe leaving Myungsoo was a good thing after all. Now Woohyun could bear all the hurt by himself, and he could be less of a burden to the boy he loved most.

He closed his eyes, a part of him yearning for Myung to be by his side already.

 

One year. It has been one ing year. Woohyun’s now shaking, not even bothering to figure out why he’s reacting so violently to all these memories. Then he finds out it’s because they’re cutting in with what he’s been lying to himself with, and it freaking hurt like nothing else.

The truth always hurts, especially after they’re exposed as lies.

 

Beads of perspiration trickle down Woohyun’s temples. He tries to even out his breathing, and forcing himself to believe that this is the burden he’ll be carrying for Myungsoo: the hurt of missing somebody who’s so much better than you.

 

In all honesty, he wishes he can find the courage to go talk to Myungsoo again. After all, he’s dying to know if Myungsoo’s doing fine… without him. It feels strange, even after such a long time, he still hasn’t come to terms with the fact that they’re not together anymore, yet he was the one who abandoned him first.

 

Woohyun pulls out strands of his hair in immense frustration, whispering into the silence of the night, “I’d walk a thousand miles just to see you smile again, but you’re so far away. It doesn’t even stand for the physical distance, it actually represents the fact that I was the one who pushed you away.”


 

A/N: I feel as though this was rushed and this is my first time writing LHyun hahas! Their pairing seems to be more bromance-ish to me but nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the fic! Thanks for requesting xoxo! And for requesting this song. It's the first time I ever listened to it and I fell in love with the song straightaway! So thank YOU ;-)