Unexpected Meet

You and I ~An unexpected meet

Hey dear readers 😊 

Well, sorry for the delay. I was busy with my finals. Anyway's I hope you enjoy reading  this short story .
Thank You and happy reading.

Regards ~ Sheirly 



 ♦ KIM SUNGGYU'S P.O.V ♦

Life is full of unexpected wonders. There are many opportunities when one can covertly wish for something exciting to happen or something out of the ordinary. No one thinks it strange if he or she meets someone they were expecting to meet, or someone they longed to meet unpredictably. 

But what is said to be unexpected could possibly turn into a destined fate?

This happened a year ago, on my visit at Seoul, Korea where destiny opened its door. I walked outside of my room and saw my brother Sungjoong, logging on the couch, munching his favourite chocolate cookies while listening to music on his handphone, his hand ruffling his dark hair in the same time messing his hair.

My parents, we once high school lovers who got married to each other after finishing their degree in Business together. A year after their marriage, they had me and Sungjoong after two years later. Dad owns a Networking business company named The Kim's Net which is based at Osaka, Japan. Because of business, me and my brother often travel and this time we will be staying at Seoul for a year. 

"What's going on?" I knitted my eyebrows, starling him off from his music wonderland. 

Kim Sungjoong, the clucking grandfather, looked worried.

"It's bad out there," he said flatly looking out at the window with a huff. "Already eight inches of snow and everything is covered with ice.

Are you going out, hyung?" Sungjong questioned looking over and meets my gaze, the corners of his lips curving slightly.

I managed a small smile in return. “Well, sort off. To get myself a good cup of coffee” I said quickly making my way out of the room avoiding his questioning gaze. I could feel his sharp eagle eye boring into my soul.

Gosh my brother can be scary at times. 

⇔•⇔

The rush of cold air made me gasp and cold wind made me freeze at instant as I exited the hotel entrance, and I paused under the overhanging eave to assess the conditions. About a dozen pedestrian’s throng together seeking protection from the pelting snow and ice.

"Traffic is supposedly at a standstill," said one.

"I almost killed myself trying to cross the street. It’s too dangerous" claimed another.

I half listened, half tried to work out my escape plan. A little voice was telling me something. But that little voice was deeper than mine. I turned to find a total stranger trying to get my attention. His charming dark brown orbs was first to grab my attention.

I cocked my head back, his eyes shifting from the ground to me. My heart stopped and i could barely breath. He was beautiful. I was unable to look away from him, his skin was was glowing. The man was like a living doll, perfection written all over his face.

"Do you have far to go?" he asked smiling sweetly. Isn’t he little nice to a stranger? I questioned myself.

I told him that I was on my way to Line Friends Store & Café and I asked about him.

"I live here in Gangnam, but when I saw it was snowing I thought I'd take the subway down to Nonhyun-dong, Octagon to check out some new music." Octagon isn’t that a famous club in Seoul? Is he crazy? I wondered. Like who would do that in this kind of weather? Well it implies on me too, like who would come out of their cosy warm room just for a cup of coffee. 

I would soon find out that, yes, Kim Myung Soo would. And that's who it was, Myungsoo, the love of my life.

"What's your name?" He ask when we were on the street walking side by side. 

"Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu" Cute name. He said under his breath as i smiled shyly.

⇔•⇔

With the snow falling all around us, we continued talking. I started to like this funny mysterious, charming looking guy. I watched the man in front of me silently; my eyes bore onto his dark brown orb which completes his freakish handsome face. His sharp jawline, his round cheeks, his pink plum lips and his 'L' shaped nose. How could someone be handsome and y at the same time?

When i asked if he wanted to grab a cup of coffee at the Line Friends Store & Café across the street, he agreed, and we spent the next hour sharing stories of our lives while the storm raged outside.

The coffee table was made from reclaimed wood beautifully decorated, the room was warm and cozy. 

Turned out that he is two years older. We both love music. Wow, now that's a coincidence.

I was in my second year degree while he was doing his Masters in Music arts. 

We looked out the window. The street wasn't as crowded, but the storm raged on. I shoke my head looking at the snow coving the street as i wrapped my fingers around the warm mug. 

For a moment we sat in silence enjoying the silence. Is it going to end this way? I wondered. Will I see him again? 

As if sensing my eyes on him, He finally looked up as his eyes bore deeper into mine and the corners of his lips curving slightly. The room suddenly feeling a few degrees warmer than a minute ago .

My heart beat skipped as he continued the eye contact making me look fragile under that innocent stare. He glanced at his watch.

"There's a great restaurant a couple of blocks from here, Philkyungjae. Can you stay?" 

I hesitated. What are you thinking?? I silently admonished myself. Are you kidding? He's a perfect stranger! How do you know he isn't a smooth-talking serial killer? Remember mum’s words “Never trust a stranger”. I am horrified at your lack of common sense! I mumbled under my breath. Tell him no, i had a mental argument with my mind but sadly my heart betrayed me.

"I'd love to" 

A thick red blush covered my cheeks. Seriously KIM SUNGGYU? What did you just say? Oh Lord someone kill me please.

I was too busy having a major mind war to notice 'a sly knowing smirk' on his face

###

One of the most beautiful nights I had ever seen. The restaurant was warm and intimate. He lead me to a small table at the corner decorated with candles. He sat across me. The only light is from a few well placed candles. God what did I bring myself into. And damn this place looks exclusive!!

I bit my lip, not knowing how could start a conversation. All this while he was the one talking and now this silence between us is really annoying. Speak up young man!! 

Then in that instant he turned and caught my eyes; before i could turn away with shyness, a genuine grin spread across his face, turning it from handsome into divine. At one moment we locked eyes across the table. Everything around us didn't matter. I quickly looked away afraid that i might lost my self in that hypnotising gaze of the male sitting in front of me.

We had our dinner silently as my mind wondered on what will he do next. After having our dinner, he walked up to the stage where the local band was performing earning the attention of all customers at the restaurant as he ushered me to follow.

What is he doing? I murmured silently eventually my foot dragged me towards the smiling guy. I must be crazy to follow him like a lost puppy but it felt so right, his gentle smile lulled me forward. God i must be crazy!

A tepid chuckle hit my eardrum, as he held my hands and whispered “Sing along with me, Sunggyu~ah” he said.

I gave him a puppy glare as he tugged up into a lopsided smirk. Gosh that charming smirk of his. He looked so confident that it was almost irritating. I gave up arguing and fulfilled his request. I took the stage, nervous buzzing at the back of my head as it was my first time singing in front of big crowd. Noticing this, he step closer, whispering sweet nothings, encouraging me to sing. And with that little encouragement I sang.

My first time..

but a memorable one..

The snow was falling softly as we were walking, cracking up the silliest jokes along. This guy is sure something, his presence was just hypnotising. I never felt this way with anyone but with him there this warm sensation arising inside of my stomach. 

“You have a soothing voice” he said breaking me from my trivial thoughts. 

“Thank you but how you know I sing?” I questioned back, knitting my brows. 

“Close your eyes” he said as he held my wrist tight in his palms. The snow swirled and danced around us. His words echoed my mind, feeling warm and fuzzy inside despite the shivering cold. We exchanged phone numbers and said our goodbyes, as I watched him slink around the corner. 

I relived every moment of this magical evening. He could be my soul mate, I thought.

Will I ever see him again?

⇔•⇔

The morning is as assured as the tides and unstoppable. As the sun ray pricked through the half opened blinds, I stir from my slumber as the coolness of the morning air hits my body. A silver bracelet on my wrist caught my attention, smiling consciously as I recalled Myung Soo’s words last night causing butterflies in my stomach.  

“I’m a fan of your voice, I admired you from the first time I heard you singing last week at your friends birthday party”  he said breaking the insensible tension between us. “You have the kind of silvery voice that is clear and pleasant. I fall for your voice since then; the way you sing it has an incredible impact on me." He chuckled as he spoke but at that very moment my heart beat skipped a beat. The breath whooshes out of my body and everything freezes for a second I was overwhelmed with unexplainable emotions. Did he just indirecly confessed that he had stalked me?  

“I always wanted to meet and today under this snow fall i finally could meet the one i yearned to meet” he continued taking my wrist in his palms as he took out a silver bracelet with a sterling silver Music note charm.

“This is my gift to the one I yearned to meet all this long, will you accept it?” 

He questioned and I smiled softly as his hands ghosted over my pale skin and his eyes bore into mine as deep as the heart of the sea. My heart skipped a bit feeling a warm spark illuminating from my body. Something i never felt nor experienced before.

I always loved music and he was the very first person who manage to break the invincible wall i had build up along the way.

Falling in love is very real, but I used to shake my head when people talked about soul mates, poor deceived individuals grasping at some supernatural ideal not intended for humans but sounded pretty in a poetry book.

Then, we met, and everything changed. I guess that's the part of why I fell in love with him, that sparkle like nothing and nobody could ever take away. 



♦ ## THE END ## ♦