teaser pics & asks

pull me in tight

Taehyung considers his life, at this point, completely and utterly ruined.

He probably should've come to this conclusion years ago, of course, when he first discovered his first South Korean group after hearing some Girls' Generation song in the back of one of his favorite Youtuber's video (he swears it was Mistake, but it was a long time ago and he's been wrong about things before). That was the start of it all; of his new hobby, his new favorite bands and groups, his new taste of music, and though he isn't too fond of the word, his new obsession. After finding a whole new world of music, his life was basically never the same again. Although there were tons of good things that came out of it, he lost a lot of things as well.

For one, it was incredibly hard to listen to any sort of American music again or watch any American music videos. They just weren't the same. He also has lost a ton of money from merchandise and buying albums and songs to support his favorite bands. And tons of hours that he probably could've used focusing on school and a job went to watching videos of his favorite people doing stupid things and being cute human beings.

So yeah, he's been screwed for quite some time.

But now, as he's sitting here, rendered speechless and unable to move as he stares at the new teaser pictures for his favorite group, he has accepted the fact that his life is over and done with.

Taehyung instantly jumps on Tumblr to promptly scream about the new pictures that he had been waiting to see for months now only to see that there are already tons of posts from his mutuals and friends in all caps, freaking out about their biases and how amazing everybody looks. There are 3 new asks in his box, all of them probably wondering if Taehyung is still alive after seeing the pictures and asking about his opinion on how Jungkook looks.

Jungkook.

Taehyung swears that a good chunk of his life has been dedicated to that boy. He was already a huge fan of the Korean music business before BTS even debuted, but when they did, Taehyung had decided that they were his favorites instantly. And when Jungkook had appeared on the screen, rapping away, Taehyung was absolutely wrecked. It was basicallylove at first sight. ​Jungkook had quickly become Taehyung's ultimate bias, knocking Tiffany from Girls' Generation off of that spot.

When Jungkook had debuted, he was only 15 and Taehyung was 17, so in a special sort of way, Taehyung felt as if he had grown up right along with Jungkook. Jungkook was with him through his final year of high school, through his job and family problems, through his own issues, and Taehyung had been right there with him as well. He watched as Jungkook's face changed, as his voice changed and as the boy showed more and more of himself and his true personality. He watched as BTS won their rookie awards, as their choreography improved, as they won their first music show award, and as they changed their style.

So Taehyung thinks that it's only fair that he freaks out about Jungkook to the rest of the internet. It's one of the only ways he can show his true gratefulness and appreciation for his bias and the group he belongs to.

Because holy , did Jungkook look amazing this comeback. His hair was pushed back a little bit and parted to the side and dyed some sort of color (the lighting in the pictures was pretty dim on his head but Taehyung thinks it's a maroon color) and his makeup looked fantastic as usual. From what Taehyung could tell, the concept was going to be completely different from anything they had ever done. It looked like it was going to be a bit dark from the picture vibes, but the outfits they were wearing completely went against that idea. Maybe it would be a mix between the two, or maybe the styling was to throw everyone off. Big Hit has tricked fans before, after all.

He opens up his ask box to see the new asks he's gotten.

Anonymous said: "tae,,,,,... are u breathing still..... bc IM NOT"

Anonymous said: "OK IVE NEVER BEEN A KOOKIE STAN BUT OH MY GOD HE LOOKS GREAT!! some things may change now."

j-losie-t said: "Taehyung, I know you're freaking out somewhere. Please answer this so I know you haven't passed out from being too overwhelmed about the pictures."

Taehyung chooses to answer the first message with "honestly idek anymore what is breathing i can't do it!!!!" Which, of course, isn't true because he's breathing just fine at the moment but the idea is still there. He answers the second one with "uhhh swerve back into ur own lane sweaty ((:" and the third with "joseline. im noT OK but thanks for the concern." He figures he'll get plenty of more asks throughout the day but, as for right now, he'll just settle on making too many text posts that he'll probably delete later.

"liste n guys.. .. . those jungkook pictures have saved me..... I FEEL LIKE A BETTER AND FREE AND ABSOLUTELY BLESSED PERSON NOW"

"ok but really he looks fantastic i lvoe my sweet baby angel bf"

"i cant wait for posters to come out. i already know that this is going to be the best era for my luv and i want to hang him up on the wall and frame it and maybe put a spotlight on it idk if i have a budget yet"

"and the other members look amazing as well!!! yoongi looks fantastic as usual, jimin looks fluffy as usual, namjoon looks pretty hot ngl, jin and hoseok are so cute aw i love my family <333"

"but like... what even is this concept? the pics have the style of thee danger​ teaser pics but those outfits definitely don't go with a dark concept so!!!!"

Taehyung knows he'll get a lot of asks and replies to his posts (perks of having a couple thousand followers) so he decided to step away from his laptop for the first time that day to work on a little project he's being doing for a few months now.

Ever since Jungkook's last birthday passed, about 10 months ago,  ​Taehyung has been creating something for him. It was originally just going to be him buying Jungkook a lot of food, like the fan sites do, and then maybe something else, but he was inspired by another Tumblr project that he had seen.

He had decided to make a jar filled with 100 reasons why he loved or what he loved about Jungkook and set the rules that Jungkook could only read one every day, so that way he would have a nice message to wake up to every day for a few months. Taehyung had planned to get a bunch of other people involved, specifically putting a post on Tumblr to get people to submit reasons why they loved him as well, but he decided against it. It was going to be a very personal project for him.

However, that proved to be a bad decision because about 62 reasons in (the last one he had written was "the way you look in leather jeans" which he may or may not scrap because it could be taken in an extremely erted way) he got stuck. He had wracked every part of his mind for new reasons but just couldn't come up with any. And it frustrated him to no end, because surely he loved way more than 62 things about Jungkook. Taehyung couldn't think of any more.

But now, after seeing these new teaser pictures, a few new reasons were running through his mind. He grabbed a pen and the colored paper he had been writing everything on and got to work as quickly as he could.

"The way your eyes seem to sparkle when the light hits them just right."

"The way you look in colored hair. Purple and red look great on you."

"The little beauty mark right under your bottom lip."

"The way you look in red. Seriously, please were the color more often."

So now he was up to 66 reasons. And he was still far from 100 reasons, but it was a change. For the first time in months, he had finally gotten some new inspiration for this project and that had to mean something.

As he had written his reasons, he realized how much he missed Jungkook and BTS. He was a little spoiled compared to fans of other groups because the members of BTS updated their twitter daily, did a lot of livestreams, and posted something on the Fancafe a lot, unlike a lot of other idols, but still. Taehyung had missed them performing on music shows, doing interviews, and appearing on other fun shows. His dash had run out of a lot of new content since they had ended their last comeback.

And honestly, Taehyung would've been okay with missing them if it meant they got plenty of rest and took a nice and long break. This time, their break only lasted about 6 months, which is a pretty long time compared to the gap between their past comebacks, but it still didn't seem like long enough for them to properly recover from the exhaustion of the RUN promotions. But Taehyung wasn't going to complain; he would just accept their new comeback (gladly, he might add) and support them all the way throught it.

After returning to his laptop, he promptly started to reblog every version of the teaser pictures that he saw on his dashboard, tagging each with a different amount of exclamation marks and words typed in all caps. He was tagged by many different mutuals and followers in Jungkook's pictures, which he wasn't complaining about at all, and reblogged each with random smashes of keys on his keyboard that people would probably just pass off as him trying to be funny, but honestly, it was a real representation of his emotions at that very moment.

His favorite group was about to have a comeback, and Taehyung's life was probably going to become even more screwed than ever before.

An ask popped up into his box as he was scrolling down his dash, laughing to himself at some of his mutuals' tags on the pictures of their biases.

Anonymous said: "taehyung oppa, i always love seeing you on my dash and hope you're doing okay, especially after seeing the teaser pictures. your reactions to jungkook are priceless. #taekook xx"

Taehyung grinned practically from ear to ear ​because wow, his followers were awesome. They complimented him a lot, which he felt like he didn't deserve because really, he didn't do much. He just reblogged some gifsets of Jungkook being cute and freaked out about them. But for some reason, people really liked him; enough to the point where they even shipped him with Jungkook. Ever since Taehyung had revealed that he was a boy and what his name was (he had kept every personal secret about himself pretty private, and had used the name "V" instead of his real one), people had been obsessed about what they called "taekook." 

He should've expected it, considering Tumblr's obsession with gay couples, but it still warmed his heart like crazy to think that people actually shipped them together. Nothing felt better than having a great amount of people ship him with his ultimate bias and his favorite male in the entire world.

So he replied, "aw what!!1?? ur literally such a sweetheart i can't believe this <33 ALSO TAEKOOK RISE!!!!!!!!!"

--

a/n: sorry for taking so long to update!!!! i'm still p busy with school so idk if updates can come super often but i'll try my best.

also, this chapter is shorter than i would've liked it to be but it's only the first one. the plot will start picking up soon :D