Start Out Small

The Ties That Bind

Thanks to momoe97, cheon4, skroselovekpop, VIXX143486, Jaeger_104, Eggyeol-and-Baekhyun, Crush1205, Shiro_Darkness, mylittleemo, SimpleMinded, AlexaDavS, habini, annagodfrey, and Starlight-kit for subscribing! And huggles to tatertot for subscribing and upvoting! Y'all are darling <3


“I can’t believe you,” Taekwoon grumbled, making a loop with the silky material in his hands and sliding the end in. “You just turned 21. You are old enough to tie a ing tie.”

“I never had to wear one before,” Sanghyuk stammered in protest, eyes widening when the elder suddenly leaned in, their heads just centimeters apart as Taekwoon tugged on the knot and adjusted the positioning. “Ah- hyung not so tight.”

“Almost every school’s male uniform requires a tie,” Taekwoon raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying the excuse.

“I- My- My mom always tied it for me…” Sanghyuk finally confessed, cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

Taekwoon let out a quiet chuckle. “High maintenance type of guy, huh?”

“I’m not-” Sanghyuk’s face burned in embarrassment.

“Why not ask Hakyeon? I’m sure he can tie a tie just as well.”

“He- Do you even see what he’s going over there?!” Sanghyuk hissed, pointing over Taekwoon’s shoulder at the natural wonder that was their leader Cha Hakyeon.

The leader was already in his performance clothes, posing in the most uncomfortable and awkward poses imaginable in front of the mirror and humming to his parts of their comeback song. He reached up to readjust the crown on his head, a little piece of bedazzled plastic that had originally been gifted to the maknae by Jaehwan. The ty gift had the words “Birthday ” eloquently written across the front in pink glitter. Somehow suiting.

Taekwoon turned back to look at Sanghyuk. “Point taken.”

“Be- Besides,” Sanghyuk mumbled, taking a sudden interest in the floor. “I thought this would be a good time for us to, you know, become a little closer.”

Though the elder didn’t say anything, his face couldn’t mask his look of surprise. They had never been all too close, and Sanghyuk had almost dropped out of the group before debut for unknown reasons, though Taekwoon had always known it had had something to do with him. Seeing the maknae’s attempts to familiarize and befriend him made Taekwoon’s chest warm in pride, affection, and something else he couldn’t quite identify.

Taekwoon reached out to ruffle the younger’s hair, gifting Sanghyuk a rare, private smile. “Happy birthday kiddo.”

Sanghyuk looked a bit flustered at the action, hands immediately going up to fix his hair before beaming happily at the other with eyes in the shape of happy crescents. “Thanks, hyung.”

“Do my eyes deceive me?!” came a piercing screech, “Did I just see Taekwoon smile?!”

The smile dropped faster than it came. “ off Jaehwan.”

“Rude!”

Sanghyuk sighed.

The moment had been nice while it lasted.


This was originally a drabble from this silly game mylittleemo and I play called "Drabble Time Go!" so that's why it's a bit short. She suggests me weird prompts, I write out .

We're silly and have no lives lol

The title and description were also probably really misleading but THERE TECHNICALLY WERE TIES INVOLVED. It would make more sense if I continued the story and all and I sorta have a plot thingy going? May or may not continue. What do you all think?

If you enjoyed, please do subscribe, upvote and comment! It means the world to me <3

And if you like reading ghei EXO fics, I do that too. Feel free to check them out :3

I HAVE TO TAKE THE SAT TOMORROW PLS PRAY FOR ME ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Less than three,

PalmerPie