The Reality

Girl of My Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was beautiful when she stood there, her dark brown wavy hair flowing in the cool, distant breeze, her hazel orbs sparkling when the dawning sunlight hit it, and the way she laughed was pure bliss to listen to. She was perfect in every way possible.

If only she were really with me.

"Jiyong-ah, What's wrong?" She asked me, taking a seat next to me.

"N-Nothing.." I muttered, staring off into the soon-to-be sunlit sky. "I'm just thinking of something. You don't have to worry about it. It's not a problem that I want you to deal with." as I smiled.

She nodded, turning to watch the sky alongside me. "Arasso, I get it. It's your business, so you should be the one to deal with it." She just shrugged.

I loved how she always understood my problems. She knew what she should stay out of, and what she should do. That's what I loved her for.

Suddenly, when I turned back to her, she began to go transparent. Her eyes were getting dull, her hair stopped going along with the wind, and she stopped moving altogether. But she still had a smile on her pink lips.

"Sandara?!" I shouted, the wind suddenly picking up. It was loud, and it was dangerous. But Dara's figure remained still, as if she were only a statue with no soul. She didn't reply. She just smiled, her eyes lifeless.

Then I out.

-

-

-

I groaned, pulling the covers over me, nuzzling against my pillow. I had that dream. Again.

 

Dara always looked so perfect, standing there full of life and warmth. But the same thing always happended. She always sat down next to me, then when the wind began to grow stronger, she began to freeze into nothingness, as if she had suddenly left reality into a distant world. I was always swept away, blacking out, and Dara was always there, smiling out to the sunrise.

 

I slipped out of bed, tiredly sitting in front of my mirror, leaning back on the chair. I smoothed out my bright orange-red hair and got ready to help my Omma out at work. I studied with Omma instead of going to school, since she was a scientist and all. She was really smart, and I guess I caught some of those genes as well.

 

I made my way downstairs, eyes half closed and using the wall on my left to help guide me to the kitchen without collapsing and sleeping again. I desperately wanted to dream again. I wanted to see her again.

 

"Aigoo.. Jiyong-ah, you look like you've seen a ghost. Gwenchana?" Omma asked, putting pancakes in front of me once I sat down.

 

I nodded, biting a piece of my breakfast and leaning back. She looked at me with concern in her brown eyes, then shrugged and continued to make herself some pancakes.

 

"Omo, one thing. I got myself a new apprentice at work! She'll be working alongside you, studying what you study. I hope you treat her well, Jiyong-ah." She said as she flashed her warm smile. 

 

I rolled my eyes. Another apprentice. Great. I didn't need someone to work with me. I was fine on my own.

 

"Omma, I can do this work alone. I don't need someone working beside me. If you insist on another person, at least make it a guy. Girls are so squeamish with science. They have to get in contact with disgusting stuff." I exclaimed as I shook my head.

 

"Kwon Jiyong! She will work beside you. I already told her about you, and she seemed very excited to meet you." Omma said sternly.

 

Aish! I growled. That's why I wanted to get out of school. I was always popular with girls, and it's so damn annoying. I hate how they scream so loudly. I have no interest in any female. But there was one girl I was interested in. But she only appeared in my dreams. Would I be able to explain all my problems to her if I slept again?

-

-

-

Omma put me to work, identifying different types of fungi. I hon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter