take it slow.

The Most Beautiful Moment in My Life

“I swear to God, Irene. Answer that damned phone or else I’ll do it.” Wendy says as she eyes the latter, who’s currently contemplating on whether she should answer the call or not. “Jungkook has been really dying to talk to you. Why are you avoiding him?” Irene heaves a sigh, as Wendy looks at her tired expression.

 

“I’m heading to bed.” She says finally, and turns her phone off. She climbs up to her bed, and covers herself with a blanket but Wendy, knowing how disturbed the elder is, takes the sheets off and asks Irene to face her. “I still have schedules for tomorrow, Wen. Please… let me rest.”

 

“Something’s bothering you. And that thing is related to Jungkook.”Wendy concludes, as Irene knows that she cannot get away from the latter. “Did he do something to upset you? I can call our members to back me up just in case.” She says teasingly, trying to cheer Irene up.

 

“No, Wen. It’s just that… I don’t think I can take this relationship any further.” She says as she stares at her phone, and regrets how she turned Jungkook down these days.

 

Jungkook, that devilishly charming guy from BTS, has captivated Irene’s eyes from the very moment she greeted them in their dressing room. They were being a playful bunch when Irene entered, and wished them a good luck on their comeback stage. She wanted it to be a brief meeting because she was shy, but the group insisted.

 

And that was when Irene’s little crush on him developed. She didn’t exactly know when she started liking him. Maybe it was when he joyfully handed her a chicken leg or when he held the door for her before she left the room. Everything was vague, until the day they both admitted to liking each other.

 

It was Jungkook who moved forward first. They were at a music show promoting their songs, when Jungkook finally approached her backstage.

 

“Irene, I like you.” It was straightforwardly sweet, and Irene could hear neither hesitation nor doubt as he said those words. She was taken aback and before she could even reply, Jungkook pecked her cheek, causing her to be astounded. She could only say a silent “I like you too” before she was dragged by her members to their next schedule.

 

They frequently exchanged messages, shared moments on music shows and joint concerts (which made the fans create a fanclub for the both of them), and even went on secret dates without everyone knowing. Irene loved the serenity of their relationship but at the same time, she was scared.

 

“Why is that, Irene? I can see that you two genuinely like each other, so why are you backing out now?” Wendy can somehow grasp the idea of why the latter thinks like that and gives Irene an assuring pat on the back. “You’ve gone far, Irene. You both worked for this relationship. Trust me, you both deserve each other.”

 

Irene tears up at her friend’s words. She knows she can’t give up now, but there are a lot of negative things in her mind right now and she is worried for the both of them. “I’m just… scared. What if I’m not good enough for him? All this time, it was him who always took care of me. He’s everything I need, but I don’t want to grow dependent and give him a hard time.”

 

Wendy wraps her arms around Irene, as the latter sobs on her arms. “Give your thoughts a break, Irene. Clear your head and talk to him tomorrow.”

 

*

 

“Is she still not answering your calls, Kook?” Namjoon asks the latter, who’s looking worriedly at his phone. “You look so stressed, man. Take a break.”

 

It is so easy for his hyung to say that but for Jungkook, it is hard to take a break without knowing how his loved one is doing. “I don’t know. Did I do something wrong? Was it because of my dating rumors with a girl from LovelyZ?” He nervously looks through his phone once again, hoping that he’ll get atleast a message from her.

 

“Maybe she is just tired, Kook. We both know that they are currently promoting their song, and that she had a lot of schedules these days.” Namjoon pats the younger on his back, as she covers himself with a blanket. Jungkook sighs and puts his phone down, as he closes his eyes.

 

Bae Joohyun, that adorable baby-faced leader of Red Velvet who captured many men’s hearts. To say that Jungkook wasn’t attracted would be a lie. When they first debuted, he immediately searched for that girl with pink highlights and soon found out that she was Irene, an SMRookie.  He knew it was love at first sight but convinced himself that it was just a silly crush.

 

He soon found himself tuning in to every performance they had, and looked out at every single movement Irene made. When they were both finally on the same music show together, Jungkook did not miss the chance to see her up close. He greeted them together with his group, but he bet that she could not even remember that small moment.

 

When Irene suddenly appeared to their dressing room, Jungkook was astounded. She was currently hosting a music show during that time, and decided to drop by their room to wish them good luck. His hyungs, knowing how much he liked the lady, asked for Irene to stay for awhile as they entertained her. Jungkook did all his best to be comical, and luckily, his efforts did not go to waste.

 

Not wanting to just be staring at her from the far distance, Jungkook took the step forward. He asked for her number from a friend, and started texting her. He would always wish for her to be well, and he felt giddy whenever she replied to him.

 

Finally, he gathered up his courage to confess to the latter. He was afraid that she’d reject him after that long pause, so he decided to peck her cheek before he would even regret something later. He was losing hope but Irene told him that she liked him too, and he swore that he was the happiest at that moment.

 

Now that he’s thinking of taking their relationship into a next level, why did Irene suddenly turn cold to him?

 

*

 

From: Baechy

Jungkook, can we please meet?

 

After seeing that text from her, Jungkook is scared. After days of ignoring him, he didn’t receive a message saying that she misses him or that she feels sorry for not replying to him. He nervously sighs as he enters the café they always go to, and goes to their usual spot.

 

To say that Irene is not bewildered will be a lie. As soon as she sees a familiar figure walking up to her, all her worries go away and all she wants to do right now is to jump to his arms and tell him that she’s sorry for everything. But she cannot. Not now, because she has to clear something up between them.

 

“Hey.” Irene says as Jungkook takes his mask off, and stares at Irene. This time, Irene cannot think of anything but just to smile back at him. “I’m really, really sorry for taking no notice of your calls and messages. It’s just that these days… I have been selfishly worried.”

 

After finally seeing Irene’s face, Jungkook feels like he is in cloud nine. Even though he’s still terrified of what Irene has to say, he is still happy. He takes her hand on his and he is glad that she didn’t retreat her hand back when he interlaced their fingers. He knows: he just knows that everything is not going to end yet.

 

“It… it wasn’t supposed to be like this. I wasn’t supposed to be worried.” Irene starts and her voice is starting to falter but after he gives a light squeeze on her hand, she gathers up all the courage to finally say what is on her mind. “I like you, a lot. But it seems like I can’t give back the affection you have given me—“

 

Before Irene can even say finish her sentence, Jungkook disappears from her sight and the next thing she knows, she is locked up in his embrace. She is too speechless, and this is what reminds her that she does not deserve to be with Jungkook.

 

“Shh, baby boo. You are more than enough for me, so why are you still worried?” Jungkook says as he looks at her, and wipes the tear that fell from her eye. “I am the luckiest to be standing beside you, Bae Joohyun. Many men would kill to have my position right now, and I’d fight to still be with you.”

 

Irene appreciates all the things Jungkook does for her. His sweet words sway her heart and right at this moment, she swears all her uncertainties are finally cleared away. She leans her forehead against his, and breathes in relief. “I’m really sorry for selfishly telling myself that I don’t deserve you. Never in a million years did I regret meeting you, Jeon Jungkook. Always remember that.”

 

Jungkook looks at the beauty in front of him, and closes his eyes as he finds tranquility between them. “Never do that again Bae Joohyun, okay? I swear, I was so afraid. I was afraid that I’d lose you before I even had you, and that I was close to blaming myself that I wasn’t that good for you.”

 

“Shush, baby boy. I am now reflecting on my sins, please punish me.” She playfully says as she pulls herself away from the embrace, and Jungkook laughs at her little act. He leans forward once again before stealing a kiss from the latter, causing her to be flabbergasted.

 

“I command you to be my girlfriend, Bae Joohyun.” He smirks, causing her to blush. “My favorite noona, my only baby boo.” He says as he touches her hair and kisses the tips.

 

Irene giggles and throws her arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug. “It is not a punishment, but rather a reward, Mr. Jeon.”

 

Jungkook teasingly pecks her collarbone, causing the latter to chuckle. “I’m not letting you go, Bae Joohyun. I promise that we’d take it slow.”