Chapter 1- Fallen Lies

To the North with blood

Liu Shi Shi- Zhang Qiao Lian 

Liu Tao- Zhang Da Lu

Eddie Peng- Ma Chang Lie

Liu Yi Fei- Princess Li Ling

Wang kai- Ou Yang Hong

The beginning of spring has just started, the ground had become very muddy from the constant rainfall throughout the Eastern and Central regions. The sounds of a thousand horses galloped towards the Zhang estate through the heavy rain and muddy ground. A man dresses in black with a heavy cloak jumped off his horse and rushed to the entrance doors. “Quick I need to see the young master at once!” the man stated while trying to catch his breath at the same time. The door guard was quite familiar with the man as they bow their head to greet him, and quickly escorted the man into the manor.

Inside the Zhang estate stood a maiden who was in her late twenties, her complexion was pale as ivory, lips are full and pink, with pretty shaped eyes and a fit figure. Whispered from mouths has uttered that her beauty is quite rare and can be compared with the top beauties from the entire kingdom. The name of the maiden is Zhang Qiao Lian, the youngest daughter of the Lord of the East, Zhang Jinhai. Zhang Jinhai is rated one of the most skillful martial artists in the JiangHu world. The Emperor, himself praised Zhang Jinhai as a noble man and has earn great respect from the Emperor, and has granted Zhang Jinhai military powers to control the Eastern territory.

The door guard rushed in with the man with the heavy cloak and both put out their arms and put their first together and greeted Zhang Qiao Lian, "Young mistress number two!"

The young maiden quickly recognized the man as Chen Xi Wen, one of Zhang JinHai’s most trusted left-hand man and advisors "Advisor Chen, please there is no need to be formal! What happened? You look so flustered?" Zhang Qian Lian asked with great concerned.

"Young Mistress, I didn't expect to see you here. When have you returned from Mount Sha?" 

"I have returned just before father had left for the Central regions, I missed him by a couple of days. Where is my father? What hasn't he returned with you?" 

"It doesn't look good, the lord has been ambushed! I....I... I just don't know if he is even still alive or dead!" Chen Xi Wen dropped down on his knees and began to bow, he looked away in guilt and shame. "I’ve failed to protect him!"

Zhang Qian Lian, almost lost her footing at the devastating news. "What do you mean? Please tell me what happened?"

"We were attacked by an army of masked men, dressed in red, it appeared that it was well planned, they knew our every moved. We returned from the Central Capital, and was making our way back to the East! They threw explosive at us, and during the explosive the caravan that lord Zhang was in exploded to pieces, all I saw was debris everywhere! It has been raining really hard this whole month, making it hard for our men to battle against the attackers.  I'm sorry second mistress!  I failed! I failed to protect the lord! Brother Zhou, and many others did not survive, those who did are all outside the estate! We have been riding our horse for three days, we need to discuss this with Young master and see what he wants to do! I am sorry Mistress, I have failed my duty!"

"Advisor Chen! Please stop blaming yourself! We need to find out who is behind this! We need to find father!" Zhang Qiao Lian expressed her worries as she help Chen Xi Wen’s arms and raised him back up to her level. "My elder brother is not in the Eastern Capital at the moment, he was sent to the North to deal with a dispute within the JiangHu. I feel that this is planned. I will send a letter out to tell him to come back as soon as possible! I don't think I can leave myself to fetch him since this will leave the Eastern fort empty. I fear that father disappearance and elder brother being gone is not by coincidence." Zhang Qian lain explained her thoughts to Chen Xi Wen, as she glanced at his boots, and realized that there was no heavy mud on them, she thought to herself “It’s has been raining pretty hard, unless Chen Xi Wen was on his horse this whole time, his boots would be soaked in mud during his battle against the enemies, why is it that his boots are wet, but there is no mud? He also mentioned that he has been riding his horse for days, yet his eyes appeared well rested, not like a person that needs sleep”

Qiao Lian stopped expressing her real thoughts, as she began to felt her doubts from Chen Xi Wen "Advisor Chen you been riding your horse for three days straight now, I will tell the servant to get a room and bath ready for you! You rest, I will talk to mother tonight and we will deal with this! I will not let anyone that hurt my family get away with anything!" She clash her fist and bow to him, and gave him a tender smiled.

Zhang Qiao Lian advised two of her most trusting messenger to seek out help, one to look for her brother and the other to advise her sword brothers for reinforcements. There is little known about Zhang Qiao Lian, most people focus more on her highly skilled martial and womanizer elder Brother Zhang Da Lu. However, it is widely known throughout the kingdom that Zhang Qiao Lian is betrothed to Ma Chang Lie, the only son of Lord Ma of the West. The arrangement was purely for political reasons, as the emperor feel that no man should hold full military power within the whole kingdom. The emperor had split the power to Zhang JinHai as Zhang of East, Su HongXu as Su of North, Ma Yong Kai as Ma of West and Li Jing as Li of South. The Emperor had arranged each family to be intertwined with each other, unfortunately, the Emperor arrangement became complicated for several reasons. First, the rule is that only male heir may take over their family post, if there are no male heir, the Emperor will name a new candid for the post. This is unfortunate for Lord Su of the North as he has no male error to take over his post, and leads to a power struggle from the East, West and South to take over. Secondly, rumors have spread that the young lord of the West Ma Chang Lei has fallen for the princess Li Ling, causing a 10 year postpone of marriage between the house of Zhang and Ma.

Zhang Qiao Lian sat in her room thinking to herself "Advisor Chen is lying to me! I need to find out why! Is he behind father disappearance? He has been working with the father for so long. Why would he betray him now?"

"Lian Er!" called out a distress voiced from outside her room.

"Mother! You came back from the temple."

"Yes, I have seen your father's men outside! But where is he?"

"Mother, come! Sit down!" Qiao Lian did not know how to tell her mother, she knows that her mother is a simple woman, who does not know any martial arts, this kind of news can cause much distress to her. Zhang JinHai married Li Xin Niang for over three decades, they bore two children together. Li Xin Niang is Li Jing younger sister from the south, their marriage was also from politics, although his marriage was out for politics, Zhang JinHai displays much love for his wife. Li Xin Niang admittedly read her daughter's expression and knew that there is a problem "Lian Er! Tell me what the matter is?"

Qiao Lian knew she could not hide the situation from her mother much longer "Its father! He has disappeared!"

Li Xin Niang placed her hand on her chest, her eyebrows started to frown, and tears began to shed "My dear husband! What has happened? Quick you must call your brother back at once!"

"I have sent out a messenger to seek him, mother!" Qiao Lian did not want to add more stress on her mother, she decided to leave out her thoughts on Chen Yi Dao and sought out the investigation when her brother or sword brothers arrived. "My men are very fast! Elder brother will be here soon!"

"If not let me send a messenger to my brother from the south! He can send reinforcement! Lian Er you can't do this alone!"

"No mother! We cannot let uncle know! Right now the East post is vulnerable! We can't let the other lord know! With father and elder brother not here protecting the post, we should not let out the message yet!"  Qiao Lian held on to her mother hands, and looked at her to trust her "Please mother! You have to trust me!"

Li Xin Niang, felt defeated, she nodded her head and allowed her daughter to take charge.

It has been several days that Chen Xi Wen stayed at the Zhang Manor, Zhang Qiao Lian has also pretended not to notice him and often advised in what action to take while waiting on the returned of her brother. It was Chen Xi Wen’s suggestion that, they would wait on his returned, before seeking action. Zhang Qiao Lian has wondered why her messengers had not returned any information from her brother as of yet. She began to worry if her message has reached Zhang Da Lu or her sword brothers. Zhang Qian Lian knew that there was a possibility that she may have to face Chen Xi Wen and sought out the investigation on her own, she was already prepared for any circumstances, and she had to find out the truth. Even if her father is gone, there is no time for her to grief, as she knew her father wishes is to protect the Eastern post.

-------------------------------------------

Chen Xi Wen sat next to the candlelight in his guest room, appeared to be reading a book secretly, when he heard footsteps on the rooftop of his room "You've been out there for awhile now, I told you between you and me, there is nothing for me to hide!" The shadow jumped downed from the roof, Chen Xi Wen opened the door letting inviting the man on the rooftop into his room. The was dressed in black and wore a silver mask to hide his identity "When do you plan on stealing the military seal? You been hanging around here for days now, and still have not done anything!" The masked  man stated in mockery towards Chen Xi Wen

Chen Xi Wen places down his book, "Big plans only work when you have patient! I wanted to see if Zhang Da Lu will return?"

"How can he return when we caused such a big commotion in JiangHu, if all goes to plan Zhang Da Lu will never return, the Eastern post can easily fall in my hands!" The masked man confidently explained. 

"You want the Eastern post, don't forget our agreement on what I want!" Chen Xi Wen reminded the masked man for reinsurance. 

"I have never crossed you or lied to you have I?" The masked man looked at Chen Xi Wen to insured their agreement.

"I have been watching Zhang Qiao Lian, I haven't seen this girl for 10 years now. She appeared clueless on what is going on. I had to make sure. I know where Zhang JinHai places the military seals, tonight is a good night to go and take it." 

--------------------------------------

Chen Xi Wen and the masked men entered Zhang Jinhai's study room, and under pulled out his rug, under the rug there was a puzzle, if the puzzle was solved a secret compartment will open, Chen Xi Wen has been following Zhang Jinhai for decades and knew him pretty well. It was easy for him to figure out the puzzle, since he was spying on Zhang Jinhai for years. Chen Xi Wen figured out the puzzle he let out a smirk at the masked man indicating his victory, to his surprised the compartment was empty, he then saw a flashing light coming at his face, he then realized the light was the reflection of blade, he quickly dodge the blade and realized it was Zhang Qiao Lian who flashed the blade at him. She stood there with two swords in her hands in a defensive stance. Chen Xi Wen and the masked men stepped back one step, and he began to chuckle. "I guess I underestimated you! You are not so dumb after all!"

"Where is my father?  What have you done to him?" Zhang Qiao Lian demanded as she raised her swords.

"You think you can order me to answer you? You want the hell gods to come get you young?" Chen Xi Wen did not want to waste any more time he attacked Zhang Qiao Lian using his hand combat. To his surprised Zhang Qiao Lian's martial arts was swift and her strikes are stronger than she appeared to be. He began to use more forced, but she managed to escape his every attacked. "You disappear for 10 years, and come back skilled with your martial arts, you have no displayed any moves from Mount Sha, nor this is your family martial arts! Where have you learned this?"

"Who do you think you are to ask me? I am Zhang Jinhai's daughter, my brother Zhang Da Lu, it is only fitting if matched with them! Tell me where is my father?" 

"There is no time to play with this little girl!" The masked man became annoyed and pulled out his sword. The two began to clash their sword, causing loud commotion, the two landed their battle to the courtyard. The entire estate awaken. Li Xin Niang walked out and called out "Lian Er! What is going on!" 

Chen Xi Wen took the opportunity and grabbed on to Li Xin Niang and put one of his hand around Li Xin Niang's neck "Zhang Qiao Lian, put down your sword or I will kill your mother!" 

Zhang Qiao Lian immediately pulled away from attacking the masked man, and step back "Mother!! Chen Xi Wen you coward!" 

"Give me the military seal, and I'll let you and your mother go!"

"Lian Er! Don't do it! Don't you worry about me! The seal is very important to your father!

Zhang Qiao Lian knew her mother's life was more important than the seal, she knew that it will disappoint her father if he knew she will give it up, unlike her brother she valued family more than anything. Zhang Qiao Lian can only be filial daughter and not the warriors that her father and brother is. As she is about to put down her swords, she sees a two figure leaping over the roof and into the courtyard. Zhang Qiao Lian let out a big smile of relief "Brother Ou Yang! Ah Wei!" She quickly realized it was her sword brother, her message for help had each them, as they showed up to aid her. The masked man was off guard as he was occupied with Zhang Qiao Lian sword brothers. Zhang Qiao Lian took her opportunity and pointed on of her sword towards the masked man's faced and used it to pull off his masked. The masked flew into the air and onto the ground. The masked man looked up and his face was revealed. Zhang Qiao Lian and Li Xin Niang both looked confused as they recognized who exactly the masked man is.

"Brother!" Li Xin Niang called out. Chen Xi Wen also loosened his grip around her neck and let her go. "Why? What is going on?