Chapter 14: Eyes On You

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 14 Eyes On You

 

If one starts to look at the world with different perspective, they’ll see a lot of new opportunities and meet a lot of new comrades. However, even if there’s a new door opening up, one shouldn’t forget who picked them up, who helped them up and who’s there since the very beginning and the person who never left their side, through the ups and downs.

 

“Okay! Nice! Next!” The photographer said, praising at the definition of a perfect beauty on the platform.

 

“Next outfit!” The stylist announced and the model obeyed.

 

“Unnie, one last outfit and we’re done.” Seohyun, being the main stylist for the photoshoot handed the last outfit to the newbie model, Tiffany Hwang.

 

“Why do we have to shoot thousands when they’ll just use ten official photos?” Tiffany complained but still complied with the orders of the staff.

 

“Sica-unnie is a perfectionist, that’s why.” Seohyun laughed quietly.

 

“Will she be the one to choose?”

 

“Of course unnie. The final decision will still be on her but before that, we will screen it first. Out of your thousand photos, we’ll only send her around thirty for her to choose.”

 

Tiffany pouts while the artist is doing some retouches on her make-up, “I can imagine her criticizing and judging my poses.” She then imagined Jessica laughing sarcastically on her photos.

 

“Are you that close already unnie? Well, it’s not a surprise because it’s been a month since you started living together. It would be better if she came to watch your shoot too.”

 

Tiffany realized it’s been a month since then, a month since they started living together like a couple. Within the past month they’re together, endless bickering and childish arguments were shared because of her obsession in pink, occasional cuddles while they sleep were shared though it’s Tiffany who makes the first move most of the time, and there were times they don’t talk much because of Jessica’s endless paper works which she does from morning to late afternoon and sometimes at late night. Also coming up with her therapy, Jessica has been always busy.

 

“I heard she’s taking a therapy and doing well with it. Some medical staff is taking pictures with her and uploaded it on their SNS accounts saying she’s actually nice and not snob at all.” The photographer butted in with their conversation.

 

“Ah yeah, she goes for a session every morning so she’s probably there right now. She started using crutches not long ago but she needs more practice. She keeps on falling.” Tiffany explained.

 

“Does she have a lover? Boyfriend? Or maybe she has a fiancé?” He asked, not knowing anything about Jessica’s private life.

 

“She’s uhh… single.” Seohyun answered for Tiffany looked far away with a blush that is visible under her thick make-up.

 

“That . If she has one, she can at least ask him to help her or live with her. She even confirmed her friendship with the super model Yoona but never said anything about being in a relationship. Those two can make a perfect duo if in case.” The photographer said yet again, unknowingly damaging Tiffany’s heart at the moment.

 

“How about you Tiffany? Do you have a lover? A boyfriend?” The make-up artist also started butting in with the gossips, making the atmosphere be filled with awkwardness.

 

“I… don’t have.” Tiffany said which she later realized it’s a fact, rather than a lie because she and Jessica haven’t said anything about being in a romantic relationship. Thinking deeper, Tiffany corrected herself with, “But I have someone special. We’re not lovers but I know we’re special.”

 

“Are you sure though? What if that person doesn’t think the same way? You should ask if this person loves you or not. It hurts to assume you know.”

 

“Okay let’s stop the gossips and let’s start the shoot. We still have to edit the screened photos before sending them to the president.” Seohyun clapped her hands to stop the unstoppable gossips when she noticed Tiffany was flustered from the last question.

 

“Thanks, Seo.” Tiffany let out a faint smile before stepping back to the platform.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica who is actively taking her daily therapy sessions is battling with it as always, but not as hard as back when her wounds were still fresh. The minor scratches and cuts were already healed with the help of Tiffany’s care but with the therapist’s care, she started using crutches which she can’t perfectly control just yet.

 

“Let’s start with your arm exercise.” Hyoyeon said and guided Jessica with her hands helping her out to stretch her injured arm upwards.

 

“You don’t really have to come with me.” Jessica said, talking to the petite woman watching her.

 

“Fany asked me to do so. She knows it’s my day off so she took advantage of it.” Taeyeon said and even showed Tiffany’s oh-so-long message as she asked her to look after Jessica while she’s on photoshoot.

 

“By the way, where’s your girlfriend? She’s not with you today, that woman with eye smile. Tiffany, is it?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Girlfriend?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows while Taeyeon cackled at Hyoyeon’s remark. “We’re not in that kind of relationship. She’s just my personal assistant!” She then defended herself.

 

“Ah sorry. I thought she’s someone special because she’s so caring towards you. How about you Taeyeon? Do you have someone you like?” Hyoyeon continues on asking while carefully stretching Jessica’s leg this time.

 

“I have but I’m trying not to.” Taeyeon said and rubbed her cheeks to avoid from blushing.

 

“So this midget has a love life too? That surprised me.” Jessica thought.

 

At night, Tiffany’s tired physique successfully finished the photoshoot and pushed herself to get back home, to get back with Jessica whom she haven’t seen since morning. Upon opening the door, she heard Jessica talking to someone, only to find out it’s her best friend Taeyeon as she walked to the living room.

 

“Eh? You’re still together?” Tiffany questioned at the sight of rare pair watching a movie together at the living room.

 

Taeyeon got up from her seat and said, “I was just scared that you’ll scold the hell out of me if I leave her alone while you’re still out. And, I already prepared a dinner for her because I know you’ll be dead tired once you come back.”

 

Tiffany glared at her best friend and thought, “Since when did Taengoo start caring about Jessie?”

 

“You can take a rest, Tiff. Everything’s been taken care of. Thanks to your best friend.” Jessica said.

 

“Y-yeah. Thanks Taeng.” Tiffany smiled but half-hearted as she didn’t bother looking at her best friend who seems to be acting a little different than the usual.

 

“I’ll get going now. The two of you should get some rest too.” Taeyeon said and made an exit out of their place.

 

Tiffany walked to Jessica and occupied the seat that Taeyeon accommodated and asked as there’s no gap in between, “Were you guys sitting this close the whole time?”

 

“I think so? I didn’t notice.” Jessica honestly answered. “Why are you asking? Tiff, don’t tell me you’re jea—“

 

“No! Hell no!” Tiffany immediately cut her off with a defensive voice. “I was just wondering when the two of you started to get that close!”

 

Jessica smirked at her reaction and to drop the subject, she asked, “How’s the photoshoot? Seohyun said she’ll send me the photos soon.”

 

“It was tiring but it was fun. If I have a chance to do a photoshoot again, then I might do it. Posing in front of the camera is fun, being dressed up is fun and being able to share memories with the staff is fun. I want to do it again.” Tiffany decently said with an evident satisfaction on her lips as they’re stretched up for a smile.

 

Jessica gazed at her for a moment and internalized what her personal assistant just confessed. Then it snapped to her mind, “Did she just say that was fun? This is the first time she’ll say her work is fun. So she dreams to become an official model, huh? Just like Yoona.”

 

Tiffany who was once a dreamless woman was heard saying something unexpected, at least for Jessica. Tiffany is known to be a woman who never cared about what kind of work she does, as long as it’s decent. Just like any other people in the society, as long as she’s gaining money from her job, nothing else’s matters. But this time, Tiffany appreciated something for the first time and so Jessica concluded Tiffany dreams to be a model, like how ex-lover dreamed to be one.

 

“Ah by the way, Seohyun invited me to a formal party exclusively for models. She said she wants to introduce me to other models and some of her friends. She said Yoona might be able to attend it too so we might meet there again if I go.” Tiffany showed an invitation and her pass.

 

“Next week? Why don’t you go? It’s an opportunity for you to get along with other people.” Jessica said while reading the invitation.

 

“If I go there, you’ll stay all alone here again. Soojung is always out for her researches. Who will look after you if I go?” Tiffany frowned and flung her arm around Jessica’s shoulders as she leaned closer and rested her head on her shoulders.

 

“But it’s just for one night and there’s nothing to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter