Between the Bedsheets

Snapshots

Jongin roused lazily and found himself staring at the back of Seulgi's head, his arm draped over her waist, their fingers entwined together, and her back a perfect fit between his legs and torso. He watched pensively as her shoulders raised up with each inhalation, and down with each exhalation. He adored the sound of her breathing, that simple instinctual behaviour verifying she was alive and there with him in every moment.

He took his free hand and curled the ends of her hair around his index finger. He scanned her bare body and peered at the thin red lines etched at the small of her back where his nails had caught the skin. A flash of memories of , her gasping, , and nails digging into his shoulder blades. It flooded his mind, the scent of their passion still lingering over them like a mist. Jongin shook his head and untangled himself from her, trying to calm his lower half down.

Mindful of waking her up, he trailed a few last kisses on her hair and neck before gingerly getting up and walking to the bathroom. There he twisted the cold water handle all the way around and splashed his face with the freezing liquid. He reached for his toothbrush and placed a generous amount of toothpaste on it, and then turned off the tap. He walked back into the bedroom, toothbrush in mouth, and carefully got dressed as he brushed his teeth. He glanced around looking for a shirt when he noticed the sunlight filtering through the trees and blinds and onto Seulgi's sleeping figure. He watched as the abstract shapes danced around her silhouette, on her face, in her hair, like it was playing. He had the urge to take a picture, but he knew she wouldn't like it. After a few minutes, he glanced down remembering what he was doing, "Wight...whur's ma shirt?"

As he milled about, he realized how messy the room really was. Seulgi had the tendency to leave a trail wherever she went and he almost laughed aloud at how accurate this was right now. Her clothes were strewn all over the floor, all the way to her side of the bed. Then again, his clothes had been equally as scattered. He justified it of course by thinking that they were in quite a hurry the night before. Being neat and tidy had definitely been the last things on their minds.

Finally finding his missing article of clothing, he pulled it over his head and then rushed back into the bathroom to rinse his mouth. Even through all of his meandering about, trying to finish his morning routine, his thoughts were still stuck with the girl asleep peacefully on his mattress — and, actually, his stomach calling for breakfast. Purposeful steps brought him back into the bedroom. He moved toward the blinds and opened them fully, letting the sun radiate unencumbered into the bedroom. A morning glow filled the open space; cascading light reaching corners previously hidden. It was like the entire room awoke with movement.

Jongin watched from where he was as Seulgi's eyelids fluttered open, a daze still apparent in their shine. He knelt beside the bed and laid his head on top of her pillow, their faces millimetres apart. A soft tug pulled the corners of his lips upward as he watched her wake slowly.

"Mornin' Teddy Bear," he breathed gently, "time to get up."

Seulgi inched forward, still groggy and blissfully unaware. She paused before lightly brushing her lips against Jongin's.

"Morning," she muttered through the smile on , "What's for breakfast?"