Tape

Snapshots

A/N: I accidentally erased the original story guys ;~;

This is the re-written version. However, it isn't completely the same, sorry loves. 

 

"Jongin-ah! Jongin-ah!" Seulgi ran up to her friend, stopping short of jumping into his solid arms.

Jongin's brows raised, startled when she came barreling out of the door and down the steps of her small apartment building. He observed her with interest as she tilted her head up from out of the large red scarf she was wearing. She began to point both of her fingers toward her face, gesturing to her lids, her eyes blinking incessantly and body rocking back and forth. He was a head or two taller than she was so to him, it looked like she was trying to get to his eye-level. He smiled.

"Look, Jongin-ah! Look, look! I tried doing double eyelids with some tape and it was really complicated since I'm not used to doing it and so Joohyun-unnie decided to help me since I'm not very good with things like this and I told her it's because it wouldn't make much of a difference on my face anyway, but she said I was naturally pretty so I didn't need it, but it would be fun to anyway and that I would look cute with it and I know she was only saying that because we're friends so I thought I would come and ask you since we're going out today and it's not really that hard to take off, so Jongin-ah, what do you think? Does it look ok? It looks awful doesn't it? Ah...it does, right? I should take them off...hah"

She had said it all in one excited breath, speeding through each word as the oxygen from her lungs eventually depleted. Because of this Jongin couldn't help but let an amused laugh escape his own lips when she had taken a sharp intake of air. Seulgi glared at him as he placed one hand over his mouth, trying to stop the fit of laughter coming on. He lay his other palm on her right shoulder to steady himself. By this time, she had stopped moving altogether and was fully focused on staring daggers at her companion.

Jongin giggled through his fingers, warm puffs of smoke escaping the parted spaces. Seulgi could still hear the amusement colouring his voice and it sent her blood rushing up toward her neck.

"First off, take a couple of breaths," he chuckled as he took his hand away from his mouth and tapped his index and middle finger on her eyelid when she blinked. "Second, it looks fine, Sunseul. Very pretty."

The lower half of Seulgi's face sank into the depths of her scarf as she mumbled, "You're just saying that, aren't you? It looks strange, right? It doesn't suit me...And don't call me that. The nicknames you give me are embarrassing."

"Hm, I'm not just saying anything. But it does look a little strange I guess? It's only because I'm not used to seeing you with double eyelids. If you're asking what I prefer, I like your face the way it usually is. It doesn't matter either way, you're still pretty. Oh, and no way in hell am I stopping with the nicknames, Seulbear."

Seulgi rolled her eyes before settling them on Jongin's serious but lively face, "Did you eat too much cheese today? I can practically taste it from here." 

A wide grin spread across the boy's lips, "Ah, maybe. Pizza's been my go-to for the past few days."

She began to poke gently around the skin above her lashes, trying to peel the tape off. "I'm still taking them off," she stated, "They feel too weird."

After a moment, she paused and turned away from Jongin. He leaned his head to the left, perplexed at the sudden movement, "Pikaseul, what's wrong?"

"Uh...just...hold on," she muttered while quickly walking away, back to the door she had come out from.

Before she reached it, Jongin's fingers had clamped around the soft skin on her wrist. He gently turned her body back to face him and another peal of laughter came when he saw what had happened.

Seulgi huffed, "It is not funny Kkamjong! The tape's stuck!"

Jongin began to speak through countless, breathless laughs, "It...is...though...ah...you can...you can see it...sticking...out...ah...Kkangseul...you're killing me."

A deep red blush began to colour Seulgi's cheeks, the heat of shame numbing her from the chill air.

"Let go. I need to go inside and see it so I can take it off."

Inhaling deeply, Jongin calmed himself. "Jeez, Seulblank, you do the most embarrassing things. Don't bother, though. Close your eyes, I'll do it."

Seulgi hesitantly obeyed, first eyeing Jongin like he posed some kind of threat before eventually closing her eyes after their mutual stare-off. She sensed his body move closer and was fully aware of Jongin's rough fingers brushing against her lashes, unintentionally tickling the skin around them. She winced lightly and heard his low voice permeate the darkness, "You okay?"

She gave an almost imperceptible nod, "Ne, it just tickled."

"Okay, hold on they're almost off..."

She felt his warm breath brush against her nose and the colour returned to her face.

"There, all done."

Seulgi opened her eyes and watched as Jongin rolled the pieces of tape in between his fingers. He raised them up to his lips and blew them away, the wind carrying them into the night.

"...Thanks," she whispered, her gaze cast down.

Jongin smirked, putting his elbows on her shoulders and his chin on the top her head. He let his wrists cross behind her neck, his large hands dangling. It seemed almost like a hug.

"Anytime, sweet, funny, Kang Seulgi. It's always a pleasure to help out a very clumsy, dorky...bear."

Seulgi pushed him away playfully, a small smile etching itself onto her face, "Yah, Kim Jongin. You're just doing it to annoy me now, aren't you?"

Jongin gave his best evil cackle and draped his arm over Seulgi's shoulder, "Of course. Your reactions are the best! Now come on, Taemin-ah and Soojung have probably been waiting for eons."