Myungjong

nature is a language - can't you read?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late January and the winter was still in full swing. Although most schools around the area had been cancelled due to heavy snow, as usual, Sungjongs school was still up and running. Sungjong sighed, the cold winter air in the classroom was really messing with him. His body was shivering and his fingers were red and frozen. He breathed on them for a while, but it didn't make anything better. He turned to his friends, Sungyeol and Howon, and to no surprise of his own he noticed that Sungyeol was copying Howons math homework. "Why do you always give the answers to him? Isn't it better he learns himself?" Sungjong asked, genuinely confused. Howon just shrugged and pushed his answer paper closer.

" 'Cause he's a better friend than you are!" Sungyeol huffed, "You'd rather I was given two weeks detention than let me copy yours."

Sungjong stuck out his tongue playfully at the boy who did the same. The bell rang and everyone began flooding out the class. Sungjong still had to hand in his homework and put his things away, and he also had to go to the library before leaving school to hand in a book he'd borrowed months ago so he told his two friends to go on without him. They easily complied. Sungjong handed his papers to his teacher and grabbed his things. He wrapped himself up, putting on his jumper then his coat then his scarf, gloves and hat.

Ten minutes later Sungjong walked out the school and Myungsoo was stood at the wall outside looking down at his phone, not paying much attention. His friend was also wrapped up well- his scarf tied tightly around his neck, a beanie on his head with one cute mitten on his hand, the other hand was holding his phone. His cheeks were a pale pink colour and when he breathed Sungjong could see the steam coming from his mouth ever so slightly. Myungsoo always waited for him and the younger boy didn't know why. They didn't even live near each other yet Myungsoo insisted they walk home together. And even though he did it everyday, Myungsoo made his heart flutter a little more every time. Sungjong walked up the path and finally Myungsoo noticed him. "Hey," Sungjong smiled at him softly, "why'd you wait?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter