She Chose Me

She Chose Me - Jay Park

“Let me go!” You fought against the strong hands that were wrapped around your upper arms, keeping your shoulders mostly still as you tried to escape the hard grip of the man holding you.

“This would be easier if you just got back together with me, doll” A familiar voice called from behind you as your head dropped knowing the sound of his voice all too well. Stopping your fighting motions for the moment, you slowly craned your head around to look at your ex, Taec, holding you back.

“I will never take you back, not now and never in a million years” Your eyes stared into his as you watched a small kindling fire turn into a raging forest fire.

“If that is your choice” He words slurring together while his jaw clenched unbearably tight. Lifting you off of your feet, he carried you away, placing you in his van, he held you in his lap while he tried to soften you up to his ways.

“Leave me alone you creep” You pushed him away, yet his hold on you tightened.

“I’m never letting you go.” His eyes locked on yours as you saw the intentions he had for you flowing through his dark brown orbs, his hands starting to roam your body. “You. Are. Mine”

Snapping your eyes open, rapidly breathing, your body warm with sweat and your heart beating erratically and unusually fast. Slowly pushing the covers off of your warm body, you rolled over and grabbed your phone. Pressing the power button, your phone sprung to life as the screen fully lit up, slightly blinding you in the process.

Reading the numbers across the screen, you saw that you woke up a few minutes before your alarm was scheduled to sound. Turning off your alarm, you pushed yourself upright while your played on your phone allowing your body to calm down from the nightmare of a dream that you had just witnessed.

Watching the minutes pass on your phone, you slid yourself from the covers and made your bed before slipping in the shower then dressing for the school day. Grabbing your backpack on the way out, you locked the door behind you and headed to the corner of the street where your boyfriend, Jay Park, usually met you for the two of you to walk to school together.

Walking towards him, you watched him turn his wrist and look at the time on his watch before pulling out his phone. Tapping the screen a few times, you stood next to him silently.

“I was just about to text you” Jay’s attention turned towards you as your presence drew his attention away from his phone. “Shall we head to school?”

Nodding your head gently, keeping your eyes adverted from his, the two of you headed down the sidewalk for a little bit as you caught his eyes glancing over at you from time to time.

“Is everything okay? You are abnormally quiet this morning” Jay turned his head towards you, his hand gently brushing against yours as you moved your hand away from his.

Nodding your head, you gently bit your bottom lip slightly as your mind was already preoccupied with the dream rolling through your mind over and over again.

“You sure everything is okay? You look a little distracted to me” Jay stopped on the sidewalk as you took a few more steps before stopping and turning to look back at him.

“I’m fine” You managed to whisper as you let your hands play with one another.

“If something is bothering you, you can tell me, my ears are always open” He stepped towards you as you nodded, still keeping eye contact to a minimum.

Walking off again, he brushed his hand against yours again, this time your hand not moving away from him. He slowly brushes his fingers along your arm until his hand slowly slips into yours. Holding his hand back, you closed your eyes for a few steps, centering yourself before getting onto the campus grounds.

Turning into the school ground, the two of you maneuvered through the clumps of students waiting outside the front doors of the school. Trying to wait until the last possible second to go through the doors. Staying closer to Jay than usual, you felt several pairs of eyes on you as you passed by this one group in particular. Glancing over your shoulder, your eyes made contact with your ex boyfriend, Taec Joon, his lips a little, you watched his eyes scan you quickly before flashing a smug smile in your direction.

Dropping your head, you tightened your grip on Jay’s hand causing his head to turn towards you, making sure that everything was okay. Keeping you close to him, he opened the front doors for you and walked you to your class.

“Have a good day at class today” One of Jay’s warm smiles curled across his lips, looking up at him, you nodded and strained a smile while your hand slowly dropped from his.

Worry filled Jay’s mind as he watched you shuffle to your desk and pull out your books before sitting down and playing with your pencil and the rings of your notebook. Observing you for a few minutes, the bell rang through the halls of the school and he tore himself away from the window of your classroom and walked to his class, slipping his hands into his deep pockets as his mind started to think about you. A strong feeling in his gut told him something was going on and with each passing minute he became more and more determined to get to the bottom of what was bothering you.

Stepping into class, Jay took his seat and heard a group of guys file through the doorway.

“Dude, did you see _______ today. Boy did she look good” A voice hummed with a slight hint of lust lining his words. Jay slowly turned his head, seeing your ex settle in his desk.

“She did, she looked really good” One of his friends commented as they sat in their seats.

“Why did you let a girl like her go, Taec?” Another friend questioned

“I couldn’t deal with a girl that acted like a ” Taec causally replied as Jay turned his eyes to the front of the class. His mind becoming more and more concerned for you.

Hours passed as Taec and his boys continued to talk about you while in their class, spreading absurd rumors about you to all of the guys in the classroom. The ringing of the lunch bell dispersed the class of hungry boys, Jay stayed behind and packed up his backpack slowly, their words reeling over and over through his mind as he slowly made his way to your classroom to pick you up for lunch.

Rounding the last corner, he lifted his head and found you sitting in your seat, finishing up a few problems. Slowing his steps, he watched as Taec and his group of guys enter through the only doorway to your room. Halting in place, Jay watched as the group of guys walked up to your desk and surrounded it. Taec taking a seat on the desk top next to you while his friends were around you.

Watching closely, Taec’s fingers gently brushed up against your arm as you moved away from his touch, your eyes staying glued to your paper while he tried a little harder on his next attempt with playing with the ends of your hair.

“Please just leave me alone” You told him, your voice echoing in the classroom as Jay approached the doorway just in case they tried to do something to you.

“I don’t want to leave you alone, doll. I just want to talk” His voice was deep and soft causing shivers to run up your spine.

“Well I don’t want to talk to you” You stood up as his hand quickly wrapped around your arm and pulled you back down in your seat.

“I said I want to talk” The tone in his deep voice overfilled with force as his hand wrapped around your arm tighter, making your mouth hang open a little from the pain he was causing you.

“I am done talking with you” You told him, trying to move your arm to set yourself free somehow.

“She says she is done talking with you” Jay reinforced your decision from the doorway as the guys’ heads turned to see who made that remark.

“I already told her, I’m not done with her” Taec stood up, bringing you up with him as his hold on you only tightened.

“You have already talked enough about her in class” Jay stood in front of Taec, “I think you need to leave her alone.”

“And why would I do that? Especially when she turns all the heads on campus” He chuckles, a dark passion overwhelming his eyes.

“Why do you care, you broke up with her in the first place” Jay stood confident as you watched him and his eyes stay strong while the tension in the room was beginning to grow. “But that isn’t what I hear in class. Now is it?”

“That isn’t your place” Taec snarled, stepping slightly towards Jay.

“Then it isn’t your place for you to hold my girlfriend like that, is it?” Jay posed as you watched the scene play out in front of you.

“She was mine before she was yours. I still have dibs” Taec pulled you up next to him as he wrapped his other arm around you and pulled you up against his side. “How does she look guys?”

“She isn’t a trophy, some prize to be won” Jay started to tense his muscles, not liking how he was holding you one bit.

“Are you blind?” Taec laughed, “She is a prize, someone who will show me off well” Taec lightly pushed Jay, sending Jay over the edge.

Lunging towards Taec, Jay grabbed him by the collar and spun him around, pressing him up against the wall, furry pulsating through his veins. “You stay away from my girl.”

“Let me remind you, I was with her first” Taec smiled, trying to play with Jay’s mind. “First come, first serve.”

Taec looked into Jay’s eyes a moment before grabbing his collar and turning the tables, pushing Jay up against the wall, he held Jay around the neck with one hand while his other hand lifted and cocked back before firing and punching Jay’s jaw.

“Jay!” You called loudly as you tried to come to his rescue, yet Taec’s friends held you back.

“You hear that? I wonder what I can do so she can call my name” Taec teased, as Jay reached up and ran his thumb over his busted lip before punching Taec, sending him stumbling backwards.

“Aish!” Taec pushed himself up from the mangled desks as he ran and hit Jay, Jay fell to the ground, laying on his back Taec knelt over him, pinning his body down to the tile floor. Back and forth, the battle was even as you just watched, your stomach churning at the thought at Taec winning.

“You can do this, Jay!” You cheered from afar as the other guys cheered for Taec.

With one wrong move, Taec was now laying on his back against the cool tile, Jay knelt over him, his hands grasping the collar of Taec strongly.

“She chose me, I didn’t choose her” Jay pushed Taec away from him before standing to his feet. Watching his opponent lay on the floor, he slowly walked over to you, glaring at the men before they let you go and your arms wrapped around Jay quickly, your head resting against his chest as you watched Taec stand up with difficulty.

“Let’s go” Taec brushed his bleeding lip with his reddened fist, limping off towards the doorway.

“B-But…” One of his friends stammered a little confused.

“I said, let’s go” Taec snarled as his guys quickly trotted off and exited the room as Jay’s arms tightened around you, rubbing your back slowly.

“Are you okay?” Jay whispered against your hair once you were alone.

“Yeah” You whispered, rubbing his back gently with your hand, he kissed the top of your head lightly before he grabbed your backpack from the back of the chair. Looking up at his bruised and bloodied face, he laced his hand with yours before exiting the room so the next class could come in.

“We should get you to the nurse” You remarked seeing the blood roll down his chin from his lip.

“I’m fine sweetie” He brushed his thumb over your fingers.

“At least let me take care of you and clean you up a little” You faced him as his eyes met yours as he couldn’t turn down your offer.

Heading outside, the two of you made your way home, bringing him into your home, you placed your backpacks in your room as he sat on the edge of your bed while you got the first aid kit.

Beginning to dabble off the dried and fresh blood, you bit your lip gently as your dream flooded your mind again.

“Ouch” Jay hissed as you pushed a little too hard against one of his bruises.

“Sorry sweetie” You snapped out of your daze, quickly pulling the gauze off of his skin. Then beginning to work on his hand as you carefully cleaned and wrapped it.

“Is something going on?” Jay inquired once more

“No” You shook your head solidifying your answer as his other hand reached up and tipped your chin so your eyes met his.

“I know something isn’t right” He told you softly, “What’s going on?”

Running your tongue over your lips, you told Jay about your dream about your ex and how it was just like today’s events and how much it scared you at the thought of you going back to him. About halfway through your dream, he wrapped his arms around you and brought you into his lap as he held you close and listened while you leaned back on him.

“I won’t let him touch you again” He whispered against your shoulder, “He doesn’t deserve an angel like you.”