Final

Diphylleia Grayi

“I hate you, Jongdae!” Minseok slammed the door leaving Jongdae blinking rapidly, confused. “But Min, Baek is our friend. How can you think I’m in a relationship with him?” Jongdae tried. “He has a nickname now, huh?””But, Min-- both of us call him like that. Open the door, please?” Jongdae plead. “No!” Minseok’s voice started to croak but he doesn’t even care about it anymore since the scene from earlier played repeatedly in his head. “N-no, baby, please don’t cry. Please anything but that”. Jongdae plead again.

Today was supposed to be their usual date; ‘Sunday date’, where both of them will just hang around at Minseok’s favourite café, talking and making fun of each other and holding hand under the table. Cliché it is, but that’s what Minseok likes about Jongdae. Always care for him and made him feel like he was--- no, he is in indeed important for Jongdae. Then, they will walk around the neighbourhood, just because the area they lived is so beautiful to look at. That‘s also the reason why Jongdae chose this neighbourhood to be theirs too. He said, this place remind him of Minseok. He wonders why but nonetheless, he shyly admitted he loves it.

But, still things did not work like it supposed to when Minseok was about to enter the café, he saw it. There’s someone else in Jongdae’s arm, wrapped securely around ‘this someone’ small body. ‘Baekhyun?’ he shrugged. Minseok was about to greet both of them when Jongdae kissed Baekhyun’s cheek. “Jongdae…” Minseok whimpered. At the exact moment, Jongdae turned his head to the door wandering why Minseok took so long but that didn’t matter anymore since, Minseok was standing there; frozen to be exact with teary eyes to add up. Baekhyun seems to notice something, so he looked at Jongdae’s eyes direction and pang of guilty took over his heart. “No, Minseok. It’s not like what you are thinking. Please hear me out first.” Minseok nodded slowly because he knew what Baekhyun would say. They are just friends and they will not do anything to hurt him. But, as soon as his eye landed on Jongdae’s, he couldn’t feel anything but pain. He couldn’t bear the fact that Jongdae will leave him alone. ‘But, he promised me. He promised me that he will be by my side as long as I want it to be.’”But… but you promised me…” Minseok started walking backward. “Minseok, no. Minseok please hear me out.” Jongdae reasoned but it just not enough for Minseok, so, he ran away.

“Minseok please open the door.” Jongdae started to lose his patient. It started getting on his nerve.  “No! Just leave me alone! Why would you care beside? I’m nobody to you. So, leave me alone!” Minseok shouted. That was the last straw.  “Fine, then! You want to be alone? Go ahead! I won’t come for you anymore!” Jongdae snapped. He took his keys and walked out through the front door and slammed it.

He walked along the road aimlessly. ‘Now, what?’ Jongdae think. It was not his fault right? But why did he think it was his fault? “Ugh! Why do you make things hard Min? Or it is just me?” Now he started feeling anxious. But, when he thought about it, it was Minseok who want him to leave. So, he is not the one who was at fault. So, he dragged his leg to the club nearby, to be wasted. ‘Just this one time’ he said.

That what he thought he would do but still, he went home when he was on his second glass. He could not stop thinking about his husband. So, now he stood in front of his door’s thinking what he should said to Minseok. When he went into his house, all the light had went off. ‘Maybe he is sleeping now.’ Jongdae went to their shared bedroom just to found no one on the bed. “Min? Baby? Where are you?” No answer. He started to freak out. ‘No. Nothing happened. Okay. Min maybe just slept in the bathroom. Yes! Yes! Bathroom!’ He rushed to the bathroom but his nowhere to seen. ‘Okay. I’m freaked out’.” Min! Baby ! Where are you? Please ans--- “.

“Jongdae… “.’Minseok’s voice. ”Babe, it’s that you?” Jongdae rushed to the front and managed to stumble but luckily he regained his balance. “Jongdae, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. Please, don’t leave me”. Minseok started to cry in his sleep. The sight made Jongdae’s heart broke, so, he rushed to Minseok side. There was Minseok curling on the couch with no blanket to keep him warm and… his eyes. ‘Oh god! What have I done?’ Isn’t he the one that said that he will not let anybody made Minseok cry, but now, he is the one that caused it. “Jongdae, I’m sorry”. Minseok voice came out like a hush but Jongdae still can hear it. “Min, it’s me. Wake up honey”. ‘I’m sorry’. He wiped the tears on Minseok’s face and that was when Minseok’s eyes fluttered open. ‘Beautiful’. “Jongdae, it’s that you?” His eyes still takes time to adjust with the surrounding but when he got his vision back, he froze.

Jongdae seem to notice it, so he quickly pulled Minseok into his arm to make him feel secure; that he will never leave him, anymore. But, to Jongdae surprised, Minseok pulled away. “Why did you do that?” Jongdae asked. He tried to reach Minseok’s hand but he pulled it back to his lap. Minseok cannot even look into Jongdae’s eye and his fingers keep twiddling with the hem of his shirt. “Babe”. Minseok whimpered upon the nickname for him. “Why did you that, hmm?” Jongdae’s voice became more gentler since he knew better than to make things worse. “Are you mad at me because I left the house?” Minseok look at Jongdae with his big eyes just to shake his head indicates that was not the cause and lowered his head back. “Then, why didn’t you hug me back?”. “I-I’m”. Minseok made a meek sound. “What is it, Min?” He looked at Jongdae again but this time with b eyes, tears threatening to fall down and wobbling lips like a kid was about to cry. “I’m afraid you would be mad at me”. And, that was it. Minseok started to cry his heart out.

By seeing that, he waste no time and quickly wrapped Minseok in a warm, tight hug. “I’m sorry Jongdae. It was all my faults. I shouldn’t be jealous with you and Baek. Both of you had been friend for a long time even before we met. And I’m just being stupid because I let my insecurities overtake me. I’m-I’m sorry”. Minseok clutched to Jongdae’s shirt, crying his heart out while Jongdae Minseok’s hair and back. “I’m sorry. I’m just sorry. Please don’t leave me” Minseok plead and that was when Jongdae pulled away and took Minseok’s face with both of his hand. He wiped away the tears with both of his thumb but it seem, it would not stop any minutes. “Now, now Min. No. It is not your fault. I am the one that was guilty around here. Please stop crying. It broke my heart”. His face looked like his in pain. “Please stop crying. Your tears are so precious”.

“I’m sorry”. Jongdae kissed his forehead. Minseok stammered. “Why? It wasn’t your fault.” Minseok looked at Jongdae through his damp eyelashes. ‘So beautiful’. “No. It is my fault Min. I shouldn’t be mad at you. If I were in your shoes, I would be jealous too”. Sigh. “I’m sorry. Will you forgive me? Please?” Jongdae do know how to make way around the elder because now Minseok does have a small smile on his face. “Beautiful”. Jongdae can not resist much longer, so he cradled Minseok’s face and kissed him slowly and carefully, afraid that he will hurt Minseok in any other way. Minseok gasp and pulled away with eyes big and mouth parted slightly apart. ‘Now, he’s being cute’. Jongdae coos in his head. Minseok knew by now his face must be so red from blushing. He quickly burrowed his face at Jongdae’s chest. “Don’t tease me.” He clung to Jongdae.

“I’m not teasing you, y’know. I mean it when I say you are beautiful. Like the first time when I saw you in that coffee shop. This face”. He traced Minseok’s face with his finger. “But, it’s not the main reason why I fell in love with you. I do admit I’m attracted to your appearance but instead of that I fell in loved with your heart. Your kind-hearted attitudes. The way you treated other peoples and, don’t forget me. How you made me feel like I was indeed being loved by someone. It’s you who brought me up when I lost myself. It’s you. You are the only one that I love, Minseok”.

“I love you too. With all my heart”. Minseok whispered. “But, Jongdae?” “Yes, Min?” “It’s not me who brought you back again. It wasn’t me. It was you. You are strong yourself. I’m just being there for you. To help you stand up straight when you fell down. The walk, you did it by yourself. You should remember that”. Minseok pouted. ”I will as long as you’re here to remind me everyday.” Jongdae winked at Minseok. “Sappy.” Minseok hit Jongdae’s chest but not enough to hurt him. Minseok let his hand stayed on Jongdae’s chest a little bit longer just so he can feel Jongdae’s heartbeat.

 

 

“Why does it beating so fast?”” It’s because of you.”