Chapter one | Jongin

Seven Days

As I stepped out of my car, fresh air filled my lungs. I would have felt refreshed and exhilarated if today wasn't such a ty day. 
Why is my day ty? Well, that's an easy question to answer.. 
To day is the day of my parents funeral--I say my parents but they weren't the ones who brought me up; I was adopted. I was never close to them since I'd only found them recently.  We had met up a few times; once or twice but even though I hardly knew them properly does not excuse the fact that they were my birth parents. I feel gutted, really. We were meant to meet up more, get to know one other and make up for all the lost time but fate just wasn't in our favour. It was just.. Well.. Too late. They died adn today was their funeral.

Looking at all of the people around me, I realised that I had no idea who any of these people were and in that exact moment was the moment that I began to feel as though I was in the wrong place, as though I didn't belong, the odd one out. I felt as though i should have left but at the same time, I wanted to say my respects. I wanted to say goodbye to the parents that I had never had the pleasure of knowing all too well so I sat at the back in silence, not daring to speak. I sat and I waited. I waited for everyone else to say their respects and leave before I could. 

After awhile of zoning out, I somehow snapped back into reality and noticed that there was hardly anyone else left, so, I took this as my chance and got up from my seated position and slowly made my way towards the grave. Once I got to it, I slowly knelt down, setting a small rose with a slightly bitter smile on my lips.

"Hey.. Mum.. Dad--It feels weird calling you guys that but it's what you wanted, right? Hah.. I know that we never really had the pleasure of getting to know one another all too well but.. Well.. I love you--I know it sounds stupid and unrealistic but it's the truth. I love you and I wish that we had had enough time to get to know one another but now that's impossible.." I mumbled softly to myself before the sound of footsteps could be heard from behind me.

"Why are you calling my parents 'Mum and Dad'?" said the voice of the person who was now standing directly behind me. The voice had belonged to a female.

Slowly, I stood up and turned out to face my so-called-sister that I wasn't even told about but when I saw her face--her cold but beautiful face--I suddenly felt nervous and my face began to heat up while she seemed.. Well.. Monotone. It was as though she had no feelings. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that she was some sort of statue.

"Well? Who are you?" She asked, snapping me back into reality and making me more embarrassed because I had just stared at her without even replying. "U-Uh.. I'm their son.. T-They put me up for adoption when I was born.." I mumbled, looking down at the floor to avoid her gaze. This girl that was supposedly my sister, made me feel uneasy.