chapter 1

When Nichkhun Fell Sick

Nichkhun didn’t like being sick. He was feeling under the weather for two days now. He couldn’t leave the bed because he was feeling weak. He couldn’t even speak due to his sore throat.

He managed a small smile when he saw Wooyoung walked into his room with a bowl of creamy mushroom soup – his favorite and a plate of sausages. Nichkhun lived alone in his apartment. Wooyoung was his neighbor next door who lived together with his best friend, Ok Taecyeon.

“I’ve made your favorite, Khunnie.” Wooyoung stood by the bed as he set the food down on the bed table. “I even served it in my bowl with my name on it.” He grinned.

He was about to feed Nichkhun but Taecyeon barged in, pushed him aside and settled by the bed. “How are you?” He flashed a sweet smile as he placed his hand on Nichkhun’s forehead. “Hmm your fever hasn’t gone down yet.”

Taecyeon took the bowl but Wooyoung snatched it with a hiss. “I’ve made this so I’m the one who’s supposed to feed him.”

“Not necessarily.” Taecyeon retorted.

“The bowl got my name on it which means I’m the only one who can touch it.”

The other reached his hand for the bowl to touch it and that made his best friend gasped. “You did not just touch my bowl!’

“I just did.”

Wooyoung and Taecyeon had known Nichkhun for 5 years now and they had fallen head over heels for the cutie ever since they laid their eyes on him. Ever since then, the two friends had been fighting with each other to win his affection.

Nichkhun could only watch the two bickered with a pout and a soft groan. He had lost his appetite but he had to fill his growling stomach.

“I don’t see your name on it. It only has the letter W.”

“W for Wooyoung.” Wooyoung said in an annoyed tone.

“It could be for a lot of things.” Taecyeon’s tone was rather calm with a hint of amusement. He liked pushing his friend’s buttons.

Completely annoyed, Wooyoung grabbed a hot dog and pointed it at him. “Dude, don’t make me smack the chap off your lips with this big sausage.”

That made Taecyeon scoffed. “I will smack you with the other big sausage till you go full retard.”

Before things get worse, Nichkhun tugged on Taecyeon’s shirt to get his attention and rubbed his stomach once the other turned around. “See? He’s hungry and you make him wait.”

“I was gonna feed him but you interrupted me!”

Taecyeon tried to snatch the soup but Wooyoung had a death grip on it. “Na-uh son. I’ve spent an hour looking for this bowl so I could use it to serve Nichkhun’s favorite soup.”

“Why? He doesn’t have any bowl or something?” Taecyeon cocked an eyebrow as he was still trying to snatch the soup, careful not to spill any on the carpet.

“He does but I just wanna use my bowl cause it makes the soup special… cause it has my initial on it.”

“The W could be something else. It could be weenier, or whimpy, or we come from planet earth, or-“

“No, it’s Wooyoung.” He cut him off.

“And what makes you so sure about that? Did you ask someone to carve your initial on the bowl?”

“Well no-“

“So the W could stand for anything.”

“Fine then.” Wooyoung hissed in defeat. “It stands for winner.” He added proudly.

Taecyeon took a long pause before he replied with a shook of his head. “It can’t be winner. The W looks old and crooked and the color is fading. If it’s a winner, the font would be Times New Roman or something cooler and the color wouldn’t be faded.”

At this point Wooyoung was completely speechless. He couldn’t believe that they were fighting over the initial on the bowl. Nichkhun was supposed to be full by now and is resting.

“Look man I ain’t got time for this. Nichkhun is hungry.” He pushed pass him and sat on the bed. “Are you trying to starve him? You wanted him to die?” His tone was dramatic.

“Excuse me?” Taecyeon was angry. He didn’t like being accused of wanting bad things to happen to his Nichkhun.

He sat on the bed as well, gritting his teeth as he grabbed a hold of the bowl. Nichkhun sat up as he watched the two fighting over the spoon a bit before Taecyeon gave up. Turning his attention towards Nichkhun, he went over to sit beside him so he could leaned against him.

Since Nichkhun was feeling light headed, he leaned against him and rubbed his stomach as a gesture for Wooyung to feed him. The other man only rolled his eyes when his best friend flashed him his stupid grin. Tired of this childish argument, Wooyoung ignored him and only focused on feeding Nichkhun.

The cream of mushroom soup was scrumptious but Nichkhun couldn’t finish it unfortunately and he felt bad. Wooyoung only smiled at him and asked if he wanted some hot dogs. He shook his head, feeling bad again but he couldn’t force himself to eat. His appetite wouldn’t let him and Wooyoung understand that.

When Wooyoung excused himself into the kitchen, Taecyeon took this opportunity to get closer to Nichkhun. He had his arms wrapped around the man’s waist, hugging him close. “Do you wanna watch tv? Nap? Do number one? Cuddle with me?” The last sentence was spoken in a hush and flirty manner. Flushed, Nichkhun shook his head and patted the pillow, gesturing that he wanted to take a nap.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna cuddle? I’m good at giving cuddles.” He tightened the hug.

Taecyeon were good at making those cheeks turned red. As much as Nichkhun wanted to accept the offer, he didn’t want to. He was too sick to cuddle. Rejecting the offer with another shook of his head, Taecyeon didn’t insist. He carefully laid him down like he was a baby and kissed the top of his head. “I’ll be outside if you need me okay?”

In the kitchen, Wooyoung was angrily washing the dishes. Whenever he was angry everything he did would be done in angry manner – angry cooking, angry dish washing, angry talking and much more. Once he was done, he was now angrily eating some sausages and some fries.

When he saw Taecyeon entered the kitchen, he angrily swallowed his food before taking a large, angry bite of the sausage. Knowing that his friend was angry, Taecyeon didn’t want to utter a word. It wasn’t because he was afraid that Wooyoung was gonna explodes; he just didn’t like seeing him doing everything like a retarded mad man with rabies. So after grabbing a glass of water, he walked out and went into the living room.

                                                   ***

After Nichkhun woke up from his nap, he was a bit surprised to see Wooyoung sitting by his bed, staring at him with a creepy smile on his face while chewing on corn kernels. “It’s time for your meds.”

Snorting, Nichkhun nodded. He hated meds but if he wanted to get better he had to take em. Wooyoung went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and not long after that, Taecyeon came in with a grin. “Meds time.”

Sitting by the bed, Taecyeon popped a panadol and handed it to Nichkhun who later had a hard time swallowing it due to his sore throat. Taecyeon pulled him close and rubbed his back gently. “You’ll get better soon, okay?”

Wooyoung on the other hand was in an angry state now due to the sight before him – his best friend embracing his angel and his angel accepting it just like that. His nostrils were flaring and before it gets any bigger, he went over to separate those two. “Nichkhun needs a lot of rest.” He forcefully tucked him in while glaring at Taecyeon who gave him a ‘oh no you didn’t’ look for ruining his precious moment. Soon, they were exchanging looks. They couldn’t speak cause they didn’t want Nichkhun to hear them arguing and both didn’t want to leave the room so all they could do was giving each other nasty looks that went something like this;

‘I will whoop yo all the way to North Korea for touching him like that!’

‘I will whoop yo all the way to kingdom come for ruining our moment!’

‘I will smack you till you gone back inside yo mama’s womb!’

‘Don’t you be talking about my mama!’

Nichkhun frowned at the weird gestures the two made that he just rolled his eyes and turned around the other side with his eyes close. He didn’t like it when they fight and argue over him because it made him feel guilty. When the two were still shooting one another with weird looks, Nichkhun tugged on Wooyoung’s sleeve and smiled when the other turned to him in split second with a gentle expression.

He gestured him to help him sit up and once he did, he saw that Taecyeon was pouting so he flashed him a smile as well before wrapping his arms around both men, hoping that they would stop their feud and become friends again. Taecyeon was the first to pull away and excused himself. Curious, Wooyoung followed suit and after tucking Nichkhun in.

“Finally gave up?” He said as soon as he closed the door behind him.

Taecyeon was flipping through the channel as he sat comfortably on the couch. “Look dude, I think we should stop this thing that’s been going on between us.” He sighed.

“So you’re giving up then?” there was hope in Wooyung’s voice.

“Look man, I think we made Nichkhun feel bad. I can see it in his pretty brown eyes”

“Oh you’re eye-reading now?”

Taecyeon raised his hands up in defeat and didn’t say a word. He didn’t wanna argue because he was afraid that Nichkhun might hear them. However, he kinda felt like getting physical. Oh how much he wanted to smack the white off his teeth! The thought made him smile mischievously – after having the white of his teeth smacked, Wooyoung ended up on a stretcher because apparently he couldn’t speak no more because the smack was so hard that it made his lips gone retarded.

“Look I’m serious okay? We should stop.” He said after snapping out of his reverie and made his way into the kitchen. Wooyoung followed him and stood by the door as he watched him rummaging through the fridge.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m making dinner for Nichkhun of course.”

“I’m making dinner for Nichkhun.” He went over to one of the cupboard and grabbed a pan.

“It’s my turn to make him something lovely for dinner.” Taecyeon said as he took out a packet of chicken bits.

“So you wanna have a cook off huh? Alright… let’s do this.”

                                           ***

Nichkhun blinked as he stared at a bowl of Taecyeon’s lovely the so-so the sweet-sweet chicken porridge – as the other called it and a bowl of chicken soup called; the soup of eternal love.

Since Nichkhun didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, he had decided to eat both dishes which kind of make the situation worst – the two were fighting over whose dish Khun’s going to eat first.

“My porridge will prepare his stomach for whatever that is you’ve made for him.”

Before Wooyoung could retorted, Nichkhun pointed at his soup, wanting to taste it first which eanred Taecyeon a ‘he wants my soup, ’ looks from Wooyoung.

The urge to smack the hair off Wooyoug’s head was strong but he had to be patient for Nichkhun. After all he did asked Wooyoung to stop all this nonsense. When it was his turn to feed him, he scooped a spoonful of his hearty porridge and fed him.

Since Nichkhun was happily enjoying the food, they had stopped bickering because they didn’t want to ruin it. But unfortunately it didn’t last long. Taecyeon had tried his hardest not to bicker but it was hard. Once Nichkhun was done they fought over giving him meds and tucking him in. How Nichkhun wished he could speak so he could tell them to stop. Frowning, he let out a soft whimper and flashed them his puppy eyes, indicating them to stop. He then touched Wooyoung’s arm and pointed at the meds by the table and turn to look at Taecyeon while patting his duvet.

The two complied without saying a word. After Nichkhun drank his water, Wooyoung intentionally wiped his lips with his thumb, causing Taecyeon to shoot kukris at him. But when it was his turn, he pushed the other away and rubbed Nichkhun’s cheek as he tucked him in. Of course, it was Wooyoung’s turn now to be jealous so he pulled the other up by the arm, away from his Nichkhun.

“Okay that’s enough he needs his rest, goodnight Khunnie.”

Taecyeon pulled his arm away and smiled at the other who was yawning cutely. “Sweetdream Nichkhun.”

Smiling, Nichkhun nodded gently in acknowledgement and watched the two disappeared behind the door. He prayed that he would feel better tomorrow even though he enjoyed being nursed. He felt like a burden and having them argue everyday over who should look after him made him feel even worst. How long those two are going to keep this on, he had no clue but they need to stop.

Honestly, Nichkhun sort of like them that he didn’t know who to choose. Both has their own personality that made Nichkhun attracted to them. Once, he did thought of choosing both but it seemed wrong.

And as he was thinking about the two goofballs that made him both annoyed and happy, he yawned and had slowly drifted off to dreamland where he dreamt of happily picking flowers with Taecyeon and Wooyoung.