wash me whiter than the snow

wash me whiter than the snow

Sunggyu exhales small puffs of air through plump lips and adjusts his scarf for the nth time. "Nervous hyung?" myungsoo inquires, causing his drifty companion to start.
 
Small heaps of muddy snow line the streets and the dark of the night is broken by blinking street lamps, cascades of snow and honking cars and, right then, myungsoo wonders if Sunggyu would run away with him.
 
Sunggyu's head snaps in myungsoo's direction and barely-there slits are squinting through the steady stream of snow.
 
Myungsoo nearly forgets he has spoken as he watches whafts of steam trail lazily from the insides of a cardboard cup to caress a reddened nose.
 
then Sunggyu smiles and myungsoo's heart stutters as he lifts an inky brow, "its cold."  Sunggyu observes and myungsoo cracks a grin right back at him "yeah it is."
 
"we shouldn't be out right now." Sunggyu preaches with a slight frown, but his smile only widens and he takes a step closer, closer, closer.
 
"no. we shouldn't." Myungsoo agrees easily and can't really peel his eyes from flustered cheeks as he buries his gloved hands deeper in his pockets.
 
"are you listening?" Sunggyu had said something, myungsoo shakes his head no, they're so close he can hardly concentrate.
 
The wind picks up and ruffles their hair and tints the tips of their ears pink as their lips brush and Sunggyu is most definitely smirking. Myungsoo huffs and deepens the kiss, but it's broken off and Sunggyu lets out a mist of laughter.
 
"listen to me, would you?" he chides and bumps his cooling coffee against a deep blue wind jacket.
 
"yes, i'm sorry." Myungsoo's half assed apology falls for deaf ears as they rest their foreheads together and their misty breaths mingle.
 
"3-days trip to jeolla-do." Sunggyu summarizes and myungsoo lifts his brow once more "seriously?" he chuckles nervously as he stares into unwavering brown slits.
 
the world stops for a moment.

"and meet my parents formally." he presses with specks of humor coloring his tone.
 
"i'd love to." Myungsoo’s breath hitches and his heart feels impossibly tight when they entwine their fingers and press their gloved palms together.