final

Dumb Bell, Dumb Boy

Wendy and Irene was sitting on the couch as they were watching T.V., some show that made no sense to Irene but Wendy likes it so she guess she should give it a try too. The problem for Wendy is that Irene is not the quiet type when watching something. She asks a lot of questions, like now.

“So what happen to the guy for the past 6 months?”

“Who is she? She’s hot.”

“But wait, I thought he died? WHAT. Mindblown.”

“Who is that guy? He’s annoying.”

Wendy didn’t feel like watching the show anymore so she picked up the remote control and turned it off.

“Hey! We were watching that!”

“No, I was. You were being annoying. Let’s go out, unnie?”

“Where do you want to go?”

Irene usually stays home on her day offs. She hardly leaves the couch. Wendy often wonders if she picked up the habits from Sunny. Wendy is not necessarily a homebody but she stays home to be with Irene. Both of them sat there staring into space trying to figure out where to go. Wendy started to suggest places.

“The café?”

“We work there. I don’t want to be there if I’m not getting paid for it.”

“The park?”

“There are too many people there.”

“Then where do you want to go?” Wendy doesn’t know where else to go and she also doesn’t care. Then Irene suggested the last place she would think Irene would go.

“The gym? Let’s go workout together!” Wendy gave her the weirdest look. Irene really surprises her sometimes.

“Gym? You want to go to the gym? Why?”

“We should stay in shape right? To be healthy! Time to break into those yoga pants!”  

Wendy rolled her eyes but got up anyway to change into her new yoga pants that Irene bought for her out of nowhere a few weeks back. Now she knows why.

 

 

Irene and Wendy walked to the gym that located at the end of their neighborhood block. They had membership a while back, wanting to be in shape but they never went. They both checked in and went to the locker room to put up their things. Wendy grabbed her iPod and earphones but Irene frowned.

“You don’t wanna talk to me?” Irene rarely pouts so when she did, Wendy thought she was so cute.

“Not when I’m running! Come on, let’s go.” Wendy took Irene’s hand and led them towards the running machines.

“I hate cardio…” Irene mutters but she followed Wendy anyways. She then saw the bike machine that was directly behind Wendy’s running machine.

“I’m going to ride the bike instead, Wan-ah.” Wendy simply nodded and started her machine. She plugged in her earphones while she was warming up but Irene was simply sitting on the bike. She didn’t even turn on the bike. She just sat there, staring at Wendy’s while she was running. Irene did that until Wendy finished her mile jog on the machine. Wendy wiped her face from her face while Irene gave her water. Wendy then walked over to Irene.

“Are you ready to work out for real now or you going to keep staring at my ?” Irene gave her a surprised look.

“How did you know?” Wendy pointed at the TV screen above her head.

“Your erted reflection gave you away.” Irene did a peace sign while following Wendy again to the other machines.

 

 

Wendy wanted to work on her upper body while Irene headed towards the calf press machine for her lower body. After a couple of sets, Irene was walking back towards Wendy but the jelly feeling in her legs turned into mild irritation. Wendy saw Irene and waved her to come over.

“Irene, look! Peter works here now!” She would never thought she would see Peter,  his 6’1, slick back hair and annoying personality again. What rotten luck. She thought it was called Neverland for a reason: to NEVER come back. She mustered up a smile and greeted Peter.

“I didn’t know you girls go to this gym. I would’ve given you guys a discount!”

“Oh, we usually don’t work out. First time in a long time.”

“Really? Then you probably should stick with me so you won’t over work yourself. I’m a trainer here.”

“Oh that’s great! Right, Irene?” Wendy nudged Irene but she can’t help to feel more than just a mild irritation now.

“Ecstatic.”  Her reply was dripping with sarcasm but Wendy already walked off.

 

 

Peter took Wendy over to the machine that was called a Butterfly machine. He sat down and set the weight. He did 3 sets of 10 and let go of the grip. His face was red and Irene can see the veins popping out on his neck.

“This machine mostly aims the chest area.” Peter panted.

“If Wendy and I need help in the chest area, we wouldn’t go to the gym but a surgeon. Besides, Wendy isn’t lacking in the chest area.”

Wendy’s face was equally red to Peter’s.

The next machine was the abdominal crunch machine. Peter turned to the girls and asked them how many crunches that they usually do.

“We usually do like 50 crunches at home, each. “ Peter simply nodded when Irene answered.

“How many can you do, Peter?”

“Around 100-120 depending on my mood.” Irene rolled her eyes at his answer. While Wendy was talking to Peter, Irene noticed that Peter flexed his arms on purpose by crossing his arms or putting his arms together and stretch. His eyes also wandered as well.  Irene suddenly had an idea and walked over to the machine. She added 80lbs total and walked over to Wendy.

“So Peter, can you show us those 100 crunches on the machine? We never use the machine before for crunches.” Peter looks flustered like he did before at the dealership.

“Uhh, sure-e.” Peter walked over to the machine and thankfully for Irene, he didn’t check the weight first. He placed his arms above and feet underneath the pads. When he started, he wanted to stop due to the weight but he didn’t want to look like a liar. As Irene and Wendy were counting and were at 50, they can see that Peter was slowing down. Try to lift up 80lbs one hundred times can be tiring.

“We should try weight lifting!” Wendy chirped up when Peter barely made to 60. Irene smirked when she saw that Peter could barely lift his arms up. When they got to the machine, Wendy added 10lbs to each side of the bar. Peter walked over her.

“You need a spotter when you’re doing this so you won’t get hurt.” Wendy nodded while Peter “spot” her. His eye wandered again and it was the last straw for Irene. She finishes one set and Irene suggested again for Peter to try it out. Peter was confident in doing well with the bench press so he easily lay down.

“I’ll spot you.” Irene volunteered and walked over to the station but she first put the weights on the bar. When she was finished, Peter lifted up the bar but it suddenly collapsed on his chest. Wendy’s eyes bugged out.  Irene leaned down on Peter’s face.

“Stop checking out my girlfriend or next time, I’ll put enough weight to cause a dent in your chest. “

 

 

Irene dragged Wendy towards the locker room after the threat. Irene was huffing and puffing in the locker room while she was getting her bag.

“Irene, why did you do that? He was just trying to help out.” Wendy chuckled while Irene looked with big eyes towards her.

“Help out? He was checking out, more like it! Just like at the dealership!  Do you not notice those eyes?!”

“Of course I noticed. He might as well put a red sign on him.”

“W-what?! And you--!” Wendy chuckled again.

“I haven’t said anything because I don’t see him like that. You’re my girlfriend which I love dearly. You think I don’t see that you wanted to murder him for looking anywhere besides my face? I know you would do something sooner or later.” Irene rolled her eyes but not in annoyance. Probably endearment.

“We’re cancelling our gym membership.”

“What about being healthy and staying in shape?”

“I can think of a couple positions to help us stay in shape and it’s healthy as well.” Wendy laughed as Irene gave her that erted smile again as she wrapped her arms around Wendy’s waist.

Wendy grabbed Irene’s hand while walking out of the locker room. Irene saw Peter and meronged him.  While they were walking back to their apartment, Wendy squeezed on Irene’s hand.

“So do you really think I don’t lack in the chest area?”

“We can start on those exercises when we get home and I’ll show you what I really think.”